Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Looks bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Looks fine

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Timmy Turner BETTER be fucking in

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Gamemill also made Cartoon Network Battle Crashers and that game stinks.

So…is the hype gone now? As soon as Richard Horvitz made that confirmation, everyone suddenly went silent about the game? I guess the game will most likely end up as yet another mediocre Nickelodeon crossover game that came and went.

There's only so much you can talk about the content the game has currently shown off, which is only the reveal trailer and some Discord comments. I've seen plenty of discussion in other outlets tho, such as Smashboards and GameFAQs.

The devs Lemosity and Fair Play Labs seem alright. I'm still angry that there won't be voice clips, but I'm sure the physics will be ok.

april is having an incredible week, wow

Please Nickelodeon add Garfield I'll love you forever

or Jenny from My Life as a Teenage Robot.
or Timmy Turner.
or Snap from Chalkzone.
or As Told By Ginger.
or the Warner Brothers (and Sister) from Animaniacs.
or Jimmy Neutron & Goddard.
or

I'm ready for this game to come out, be utterly forgettable and joked about and then forgotten not too long afterwards.

Like most smash clones.

Hey, I love Rivals of Aether.

I mean most of those "failed" Smash clones, barring Playstation All Stars, never set out to be more than just smaller scale indie inspirations (maybe the Nickelodeon is more ambitious, but still). Brawlhalla, Slap City, and Rivals of Aether have small communities, but they're still dedicated and they're valid. I don't think people are really "joking" about Rivals of Aether besides its whack (in a good way) workshop, it's a really solid game. But I like it, and I even like it more than Smash Bros. in some aspects such as the more aggressive play and the hitfall and parry mechanics.

Freaking Icons, with its monetization, deserved to be mocked, but Slap City, Smash Flash 2, Smash Crusade, and Rivals don't deserve to be compared to that. But I must emphasize, as I learned today, Icons actually got BETTER, the developers learned from their mistake and made a game, Rushdown Revolt, even with the same characters as Icons, that was far better received. Is Icons failed and forgotten? Yes. Is Rushdown Revolt going to have like a giant playerbase that Smash has? Probably not. But I wouldn't consider it a failure nor do I think it and other Smash Bros.-like games are worthless.

Nick's been pumping out games for generations, they know their games aren't phenomenal in the history of gaming, they also know many kids will want to buy it and/or many parents will want to get it for their kids. As it's always been. They're so confident they started releasing games with no voice clips.. ridiculous

People's have been paying attention this time due to Slap City developers. I feel the lack of voice clips is due to that studio being, well, indie scale. I don't know the cost of royalties and such even for archival voices, it might not even be much, maybe Nick IS being super cheap too.

Gameplay mechanics

There are air Smash attacks, you can block indefinitely but you'll get pushed back if you get hit, and you suffer lag if you get pushed to the edge, you can grab and carry people around and throw them, as well as grab in the air, you can also grab projectiles and throw them too, you can deflect projectiles with your strong attacks, there is a weak and strong dash attack and directional attacks have counters to them. There's also the ability to always face the direction you're facing, as well as turn around in the air.

Gameplay footage

I hope they'll add Tucker and Sam from Danny Phantom to the roster.

Back