The Toads in SM64 are paintings stuck to the walls of the castle?

Flygon64

Flygon "I'll figure this out later" 64
Awards Committee
Pronouns
She/Her
MarioWiki
Flygon64
"Am I glad to see you! The Princess...and I...and, well, everybody...we're all trapped inside the castle walls. "
Source: https://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_Toad_quotes
Now I've always been confused with this
Does he mean it literally because, I'm pretty sure all the toads you see in Mario 64 are against a wall, Bowser is able to use magic, Did Bowser turn them into paintings and stick them to the castle walls?
The toads are jumping so maybe they're struggling to get off the walls
Bowser turning them into paintings would fit the theme too
but the thing is in Mario 64 DS the toad's don't look like they're stuck to the walls, in the original sm64 they didn't either but I could give that a pass because well, N64 game, they were still learning the tech or whatever, but anyway again that could be because they forgot the toads were stuck to the walls when making Mario 64 DS but I'm not sure

Here is the real story
So I made a theory about how goombas were poor citizens of the mushroom kingdom and Princess Peach made a lot of Taxes
so the Goombas went to bowser to start a revolution and I looked for videos to back me up and I found Game Theory which turned my idea into a joke
It talks about Parasites and brain-eating Mushrooms so yeah don´t watch if you are comfortable with that stuff and also lots of bugs

Last edited:
It talks about Parasites and brain-eating Mushrooms so yeah don´t watch if you are comfortable with that stuff and also lots of bugs

it's game theory, something i wish people stopped bringing up altogether

SleeperHitof theYear.png

Game theory is really bad most of the time

The only way Game Theory is tolerable is if you mute the videos and speed them up to like 15x speed so it feels like you're watching something made by a madman.

We're insulting Game Theory. We don't shoot the messenger!

"Am I glad to see you! The Princess...and I...and, well, everybody...we're all trapped inside the castle walls. "
Maybe they're under house arrest, you know? That the castle was turned into an artistic prison complex? Like, they're not literally inside, like, the plank of masonry we call walls, but they're inside the building and they're trapped in there?

Notice, you can't even access most of the rooms, not without a key or getting enough Power Stars. They are indeed trapped in these rooms.

Maybe they're under house arrest, you know? That the castle was turned into a artistic prison complex? Like, they're not literally inside, like, the plank of masonry we call walls, but they're inside the building and they're trapped in there?
correct, I know I was just saying I was a bit confused if it was literal or not, I addressed that likely possibility right in the begining

Oh I'm not really seeing that. I'm seeing a literal interpretation of being "stuck", like they're merged with the castle, rather than, well, Bowser trapped them in rooms, like the rooms are their prison cells. I think they're talking about being in locked rooms.

Oh I'm not really seeing that. I'm seeing a literal interpretation of being "stuck", like they're merged with the castle, rather than, well, Bowser trapped them in rooms, like the rooms are their prison cells. I think they're talking about being in locked rooms.
huh, I tried to emphasize my unsureness on stuff, with stuff like " maybe " " I'm not sure " " Now I was always confused by this "
I swear I did adress it but I look back on it and yeah I didn't say anything like that lol srry bout that, forgot to write everything down from my head correctly y'know

I think toads are the walls here is a link why you will not get it so I will explain later
Sinister-Toad.jpg

Last edited:
I think trapped inside the walls just meant what it meant, Toads are prisoners in the castle too.

The idea of Bowser trapping Toads or other citizens in paintings would be interesting tho. Perhaps a Mario N64 sequel? I can imagine a Van Gogh Starry Night Level.

Back