E3 2021 and Summer Game Fest

Hey, folks, tomorrow we are going to be doing a little test, we will be watching streams of E3 from Nintendo from two decades ago
Oh that sounds fun...

(wonder how old people are going to feel when they realize that's not the 90's)

1623249844305.png

Come to think of it, I used to have a promo DVD of E3 2004 stuff. I wonder if I still have it

The only things I want from Square-Enix are Dragon Quest Monsters or a Chrono Trigger sequel/remaster/remake. Neither seem to be happening anytime soon. I'd also say Mario RPG 2 but I know better. From Nintendo there's lots of stuff, but mainly Star Fox and Mother 3. Capcom needs to make a Mega Man Battle Network collection (hopefully including Star Force but of course not) and a better version of Street Fighter 2 (Final Challengers was very underwhelming).

Why wouldn't they be allowed to have an event? They're a major company with a lot of employees. I don't know about the situation but only the guilty individuals should be held accountable, not the company as a whole. Lots of hard working people making (some) good games.

Personally I'm glad they're not going to focus on AAA games as much. I have zero interest in virtually any of their major franchises (aside from some licensed stuff like South Park). Still holding out hope for Child of Light 2 and another 2D Rayman game wouldn't hurt either.
It's not just the harassers, Ubisoft as a whole is guilty as they have been doing this for over a decade, and the higher ups do NOTHING about it, which could mean they condone this because "Hey. Anything to sell the next Ghost Recon, right?" Sure, some executives have left, but does it mean Ubisoft is going to stop? They may have "apologized" but it never came off as "We're sorry it happened" and more like "We're sorry we got caught".

Reactions: zel
Why shouldn't they be allowed to have an event? They're a major company with a lot of employees. I don't know about the situation but only the guilty individuals should be held accountable, not the company as a whole. Lots of hard working people making (some) good games.
Ubisoft should spend more time wiping its ass than preparing for an event, but also let's be honest, E3's importance is declining every year. Hard working people make some good games but Ubisoft is trying hard to sweep their shit under the rug.

Since so many of us are disgusted at Ubisoft, should I even bother streaming it? I feel like even if there is a Mario + Rabbits sequel there, it will be shown again at Nintendo anyways

A leaker said that the new Mario + Rabbids game will be subtitled
"Sparks of Hope"
. I thought it sounded weird at first but it's kinda grown on me.

this subtitle is unbelievably boring i dont like it at all. its so unfitting for MARIO + RABBIDS and also unmemorable
unknown.png

and also tells me nothing. like? all that suggests the game is going to be more serious??? But like. that doesnt fit mario rabbids. it gets kind of serious at one point sure but thats halfway through the final world and it still doesnt seem as like. melancholic as spark of hope or wahtever the hell. what is this subtitle???
That said, very excited for the sequel i hope they add dixie kong and not rayman (i actually kinda DONT want rayman in this game at this point. no i dont really know why)

It's not just the harassers, Ubisoft as a whole is guilty as they have been doing this for over a decade, and the higher ups do NOTHING about it, which could mean they condone this because "Hey. Anything to sell the next Ghost Recon, right?" Sure, some executives have left, but does it mean Ubisoft is going to stop? They may have "apologized" but it never came off as "We're sorry it happened" and more like "We're sorry we got caught".

Literally every employee at Ubisoft is guilty? If that's what you mean by "Ubisoft as a whole" then it just isn't logical, can't point the finger at the janitor, the intern running coffee, or some game tester. Anyone in a high level sure, not just executives but even lower level managers, but sorry, blanket statements like that are usually not accurate. There's so many departments too, you think this is happening in marketing? Probably not, and they have locations in different countries too. From what I can tell this tends to happen more in development studios, seems like workplace cultures are more deeply entrenched there.

Anyway, I do hope they continue to do better and clean up, but I can't understand saying a huge company like Ubisoft is just simply "guilty as a whole".

Ubisoft should spend more time wiping its ass than preparing for an event, but also let's be honest, E3's importance is declining every year. Hard working people make some good games but Ubisoft is trying hard to sweep their shit under the rug.

True, and that's too bad because I really like E3. But yeah, gotta call them out and not let them sweep anything under the rug for sure.

Back