Brawl Stars

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
I'm gonna post some stuff about Brawl Stars here, but if you want, you can talk about the game here too.

Character Name

A picture of the character

An paragraph about the character's mechanics.

A paragraph about the character's relationships to other Brawlers.

A paragraph about who/what the character used to be, and maybe some backstory too.

The occasional video.

Shelly

Shelly.png

Shelly is the starting character of the game and definitely one of the most basic characters to play as. She has a long range that deals less damage the farther you are from it, and her Star Powers allow her to either slow down opponents hit with her Super or heal when below a certain amount of health. There's not much to say here, aside from the fact that she is one of the notorious bush campers in the Solo mode. (You can chain attack her Super, then her attack, which, should both make contact at closest range, will instantly give her ANOTHER Super, allowing this cycle to repeat.)

She is a member of the Wild West trio with Colt and Spike. The three are sheriffs/deputies in a western setting, which is (usually) the most common environment for maps. Other than this pairing, she has no confirmed relation with other Brawlers. I have, however, heard a theory that Rosa is her mother and El Primo is her father. This might make sense as she has that Mexican heritage and El Primo is a Mexican luchador wrestler. The reason she wouldn't have a similar accent to Rosa could be that Rosa may have left to pursue her career in botany and left Shelly with Primo. Shelly and Rosa both have hair that's a similar purple color, but again, none of this is confirmed.
In recent events (as of this edit), a new Brawler, Fang, has been added. The voice actor let slip in an interview that Fang is either related to Shelly or has a crush on her, but neither have been confirmed yet. (Although he has a picture of her on his fridge, as shown in a special art photo when he was released.)

Shelly used to be one of those people at theme parks that you could meet and take pictures with. (Those people who are paid by say Disney Land to walk around a certain section of the park in a costume and take pictures and sign autographs under the character's name.) She and Colt can be seen at the beginning of the Starr Park trailer.

Last edited:
Nita
Nita.png

Nita is the very first character you are likely to unlock once you start the game. She is attainable after 10 trophies (win two games. That's literally it) and is easy for anyone to use. She is notable for being the only Brawler to have a moving Super turret. (Jessie and Penny lay down turrets that attack, Pam has one that heals, and 8-Bit has one that powers up allies) All of her Star Powers and gadgets amplify Bruce's (the bear) abilities. (Increased attack speed, healing attacks, stunning opponents, and gaining a shield.) Her range can also be notorious when you're running from her.

She is a member of the park going trio. Leon is her younger brother, and Bo is rumored to be her father. (Who her mother is remains to be seen. I've heard a rumor about Bea, but it doesn't seem likely.)

In the Starr Park trailer, she can be seen riding a rollercoaster with Leon and their parents, but when the ride comes back around, their parents are gone. (Creeeepy!)

Last edited:
Colt
Colt.png
Colt is all about style (while ironically being THE most basic Sharpshooter in the entire game) and has personality to spare. Both his attack and Super are simply a series of bullets dealing minor damage, but should all six or twelve land, massive damage will be dealt. The bullets shoot in a straight line, and stop at walls and opponents, but one gadget shoots a single bullet with the terrain shredding capabilities of his Super.

He is likely the second character you will unlock and is a member of the Wild West sheriff/deputy trio. He has no confirmed relationship, but he has a few voice lines that allude to his mother ("I want my mommy!") and Belle has a few lines that hint at her being a mother. The one with the most substance is "This is for you son! Nah, I'm just kiddin'!" It would make sense for her to be Colt's mother since she's an outlaw and Colt is a sheriff which would naturally build some sort of rivalry. One of Belle's alternate costumes (Belle Goldhand) shows that, under her white hair, she actually has red hair the same color as Colt's (They even have a similar hairstyle). Of course, none of this is confirmed, but it's worth mentioning.

Colt, like Shelly, was one of those people you can meet at theme parks and can be seen with her at the beginning of the Starr Park trailer.

Last edited:
Bull
Bull.png
Bull is attainable on the Trophy Road and is one of three contenders for your first unlockable Heavyweight. (The other two being El Primo and Rosa.) His range is VERY poor, one of the worst in the game, but up close, he can deal MASSIVE damage in three quick blasts. His Super sends him rampaging across the map, plowing through anything in his way, and this combined with his Gadgets (Instant health or instantly stop his Super while slowing down those around him) and his Star Powers (doubled reload speed or a shield below 40% health) make him exceptional in bush-filled maps. It also makes him a notorious bush camper.

He is a member of the Biker Gang trio with Bibi and Crow. He also runs a diner (Bull's Diner, which is visible at the top of appropriate maps). He has no confirmed relationship with the other Brawlers. (A rumor persists that he and Pam are related somehow, just because they have a similar hairstyle.)

Unlike most of the other Brawlers, I couldn't actually find any references to him in the Starr Park trailer.

Last edited:
Jessie
Jessie & Scrappy.png
Jessie is attainable at 500 trophies and is one of the more popular characters in the game. She has a unique mechanic for her attack: It ricochets off of whatever foe it hits and targets the nearest enemy. It can do this three times, with decreasing power on each bounce. Her Super deploys Scrappy, the dog shaped turret, which fires rapid fire pellets at nearby enemies. As a Fighter, she is incredibly useful in many situations.

She is a member of the Scrapyard trio, along with Pam and Nani. Pam is confirmed to be her mother and Nani was built as her nanny. (Peep is also a baby cam used to keep an eye on her, but I wouldn't call this a relationship.) She also built Scrappy herself. Bull is rumored to be her father, but since red hair is a recessive gene, and Bull's hair is black, it seems unlikely. Also, people used to think that Colt was related to Pam and Jessie, but his hair is actually a much darker shade than theirs, so it seems very unlikely. (Especially since Belle has been released.)

At one point in the Starr Park trailer, a woman with long red hair can be seen working at a desk designing something. This was likely a nod to either Pam or Jessie.

Last edited:
Brock
Brock.png
Brock is the first single-projectile sharpshooter (meaning he shoots a single, powerful projectile as opposed to say Colt's six minor damage projectiles) you are likely to get at 1000 trophies. He has a Star Power that gives him an extra ammo slot (3 -> 4), a number that only Max can also boast. (He removes the soup thermos that was in the fourth slot and replaces it with a rocket, lol.)

He is a member of the Retropolis trio with 8-Bit and Rico and has no confirmed relationships.

In one of the later scenes of the trailer, a man can be seen working on a video game console. The only reason I'm mentioning this is because he has a similar skin and hair color to Brock, and the console flashes 8-Bit's face for a moment. This is significant because 8-Bit and Brock are a part of the same trio. This man might have been Brock.

Last edited:
Dynamike
Dynamike.png
Dynamike is the second Thrower you are likely to get and one of the more popular characters in the game because of his Star Power Dynajump. (It allows him to "ride the explosion" of his attack and Super, allowing him to jump into the air for a second after each move.) This is a unique mechanic because it's one of maybe two moves in the game that allows you to move with a regular attack, the other being Mortis' regular attack. (It can also be used to jump over walls, making it the only attack in the game that will allow for that.)

He is a member of the Miner trio alongside Jacky and Carl. He has no confirmed relationship with other Brawlers. He also belongs to what I have dubbed the "Elderly Quartet," consisting of Dynamike, Gale, Byron, and Belle. While they have no confirmed relationship with each other, I'm keeping an eye on them because they all seem to be around the same age, indicating that they COULD be siblings.

In Starr Park, prior to Brawl Stars becoming what it is, there was a rollercoaster ride that went inside a massive mouth. The mouth was attached to a head that resembles Dynamike.

Next up: Bo, the legendary archer!

Last edited:
hhcdnmkdklv.jpeg

There's a kid on Bulbagarden who's a Brawl Stars fan, he posted this and the one I put on your profile.

Frankly, I find the whole "Leon and Sandy" thing creepy. Mostly because they're both kids.

Last edited:
Bo
Bo.png
Bo is a fan favorite who can be SUPER strategic. He fires three explosive arrows per attack, but they fire left to right, so you can move right while firing and get more range, or move left and make it more likely for them to hit a single area. His Super fires off three mines that will be invisible once they hit the ground and will knock foes back. One of his Star Powers increases his bush-sight range by 150% (if someone's hiding in a bush, you can't see them unless they attack, are attacked, or you're standing right next to them. This will allow him to see much, MUCH farther away), making him excellent in maps with lots of bushes. His other Star Power changes the status effect of his Super from knockback to stun, making quick kills easy.

I must correct myself here and say that, while he is a member of the park-going trio with Nita and Leon, he does not actually have a confirmed relationship with them. Also, if you were to turn Bo around, you can actually see that his hat is merely a baseball cap.

As far as I can tell, only one reference was made to him in the trailer we have of Starr Park. (Where Brawl Stars takes place and what it used to be.) There's a clip of a cartoon titled Step Birds, where a crow, an eagle, and a penguin hatch out of eggs in a nest (Crow, Bo, and Mr. P). There doesn't seem to be any other reference to him in the trailer.

Tomorrow: Tick, the pirate with an explosive personality!

Last edited:
Tick
Tick.png

Imagine this: you're playing a match of Brawl Ball, the score is tied 1-1 and the next goal will win the game. You have the ball and you're advancing on the opponent's goal. Your partners just took out all of the other team while simultaneously getting themselves killed, so it's up to you. You're about to round a corner and shoot, when suddenly, out of a nearby bush, something shoots into the air. It splits into a trio of mines and blast away at your health. However, it wasn't enough to take you out. (Thank God for the naturally high health of a tank!) Two more volleys of mines blast away at you, but you can still shoot. However, before you can, a large gray ball comes shooting out of the bush, and in an instant, it's over. You died, and the dreaded Tick manages to make the final goal, losing you the game.

This is a bit overdramatic, but it gives you a good idea of how annoying Tick is. He's one of three Throwers (each one has a unique attack mechanic, his being a trio of high damage mines) and has the worst health in the game, but his attack is superb at controlling the field despite his poor reload speed. (It's among the worst in the game, if not THE worst.) And his Super is even worse. He detaches his head, which instantly hones in on the nearest opponent, exploding on contact while damaging those around him and providing knockback. Simply put, Tick is annoying. Anyone who tells you otherwise has either
A. Never played the game.
B. Never played against a Tick, or
C. Is a total liar.
(Well, he's a lot of fun to play as, just not against.

Tick has no confirmed relationship with other Brawlers, other than the other two members of the Pirate trio, Penny and Darryl.

I unfortunately could not find any references to Tick in the Starr Park Trailer, but information about him is sure to some about eventually.

Next up: 8-Bit, the lumbering arcade cabinet!

8-Bit
8-Bit.png

8-Bit is a very unique Sharpshooter. Not only does he deal more damage than most of the others, he has health that rivals most Fighters, and isn't far off from most Heavyweights. You would think this would make him OP (Excellent range, high health, and great damage), but he has one great equalizer: he is the slowest character in the game. This counteracts his amazing stats by allowing him to get hit much more frequently and making it harder and slower for him to get to a good position. He is also unique for being one of two characters who can amplify the attack power of allies. (The other being Colonel Ruffs.)

He is one of four machines who are not one of the single eyed machines (8-Bit, Surge, Tick, and Carl) and is a part of the Retropolis trio with Brock and Rico.

8-Bit has what is possibly the most in-depth backstory thus far. Initially, he was just a regular arcade machine. (See the Starr Park trailer for proof.) Eventually, he gained sentience (most likely through the toxic waste spill) and was troubled for a while as to who he really was. He went on a journey and, after destroying a dark clone of himself, freed himself and escaped into the world of Brawl Stars. On a side note, he runs on a Windows processor, which is unusual.

Next: EMZ, the selfie loving mummy zombie!

Last edited:
EMZ
EMZ.png
EMZ.
Eh-mm-zz.
Ee-em-zee?
I still can't pronounce her name.

Anyways, EMZ is a Fighter on the trophy road and is a unique damage-over-time character. She blasts hairspray (I hear the stuff is strong enough to peel paint, no wonder she's a zombie/mummy) that deals damage every half second for 1.5 seconds. It makes her great at controlling the field, but her reload speed isn't too great. She also has a Super that can slow people down and guarantee they get hit the full 1.5 seconds.

EMZ is a part of the Undead Trio, with Frank and Mortis. She is also the Brawler with the most confirmed relationships (totaling to... 2): It has been confirmed that her uncle is Mortis (so who is Mortis' sibling...?) and she also has a crush on Poco. (Hearts for eyes in one art piece, sweating nervously while taking a picture with him, etc.) Frank could potentially be her father (not likely, but Poco's the only other candidate, and that would just be weird), which would mean he and Mortis are brothers. (The two actually seem to be acting like brothers in one clip during a Halloween event, so it's definitely a possibility.)

I unfortunately do not have any data at the moment as to what she was before Brawl Stars became what it is.

Next: The spec-spec-spectacular Stuuuuuu!

Last edited:
Stu
Stu.PNG

One of the newer characters and definitely my favorite Trophy Road Brawler, here we have the Spectacular Stu!
Stu belongs to the Assassin category. Assassins are usually able to get somewhere quickly, take out an enemy, and get back out quickly. What's unique is that while they belong to the Assassin class, it's a very broad term, because none of them are classified as just plain "Assassin" (Except one). They are classified based on what's unique about them. There's Mortis the Dashing Assassin, Leon the Vanishing Assassin, Crow the Toxic Assassin, and Edgar the Assassin. But here we have Stu, the... Action Assassin. What makes him so special is that when he shoots, he shoots two miniature fireworks from his fingers. But all it takes is one hit to instantly charge his Super. His Super is saved from being total trash because it can be spammed. He dashes a VERY short distance across the stage, leaving a burning trail of flame.

He's a member of the Stunt Show trio, alongside Janet and Bonnie, his adoptive daughters. He may also be related to Barley, Rico, Nani, and Darryl. (They all have one eye, they're all robots, and a similar build. However, Stu's eye is blue, unlike the others, who have yellow ones.)

Stu used to be a crash test robot, but people apparently liked watching him crash, so he was refitted to be a stunt bot. He also seems to have taken one too many hits, evidenced by his voice box constantly stuttering and changing pitch.

We are now leaving the trophy road Brawlers and moving onto the Rare characters! Next up: El Primo, the luchador wrestler!

Last edited:
El Primo
El Primo.png
"ELLLLLL PRIIIIMOOOOOOO!"
*ahem*

El Primo, being a Rare character, is a very easy character to use. He's likely to be your first heavyweight character and his attacks are very basic. His attack is simply five close range punches, and his Super is a flying leap that crushes anything underneath. The Star Powers add to the Super (either amplifying his movement speed after using for a bit or catching fire and dealing damage over time to those caught underneath) and his Gadgets are more complex than the Star Powers. (Either grab someone nearby and launch them over your shoulder or summon a meteor to crash into the nearest foe.)

El Primo is a part of the Mexican Entertainment trio with Poco and Amber. Amber is his rival of sorts and they all perform in Poco's Bandstand. He has no confirmed relationship to other Brawlers but he could potentially be related to Shelly. (See her post for details.)

There's not much on El Primo's past, but he was likely one of those kinds of people you meet at Disney Land who are dressed as different characters you can get autographs from and take pictures with.

On a side note, his name doesn't mean "Prime" or anything close to it. It literally means "The Cousin."

Next we go to Poco, the mariachi skeleton!

Poco
Poco.png

Poco's name comes from "poco a poco," which is a musical term meaning "little by little." This could be a reference to Poco's attack, because unlike Brock, Shelly, or many other Brawlers, Poco deals damage little by little. His damage maxes out at 980 per sound wave attack and his Super only deals damage if you have a certain Star Power. But damage isn't Poco's area of expertise. See, he's the first Support character you'll get in the game. Supports are the most diverse class, rivaled only by the Assassins. Supports do everything from healing (Poco and Pam) to amplifying damage (Colonel Ruffs) to pushing opponents (Gale) to pulling them closer (Gene) and everything in between (making partners invisible, powerhouse speed boosts, wall construction, and more). Poco is best utilized behind the front lines (or on them in extreme cases) where he can heal his allies with his Super and, with a Star Power, his regular attacks too. He also has decent health.

Poco is in the Mexican Entertainment trio with Amber and Primo. EMZ definitely has a crush on him (I feel like a middle schooler, gossiping about who likes who) and I suspect that he is somehow related to some of the other undead Brawlers. (Frank and maybe Mortis and Tara.)

A Mexican hat ride can be seen in the Starr Park trailer as well as a face with a mariachi hat similar to Poco's, indicating he may have come about because of one of these. Whether then or now, he at some point may have been in charge of music in a party area of the park, with Frank to help him. (Both are musically inclined.)

Next: Barley, the kindly old robot bartender!

Barley
Barley.png

Barley is the last Thrower to be discussed (unless they release another soon), but he's actually the first Thrower you will get in the game, if not the first Brawler overall besides Shelly. (He's free with a skin if you link an email to your account.) He's pretty basic, low health, and his Super is an amplified version of his Super, like Shelly and Colt. He throws bottles of a toxic brew that deal damage when you stand in it, and his Super lobs five bottles over long range. His Star Powers amplify his attack damage or heal every time a bottle is thrown, and his Gadgets will either drop a bottle of syrup that slows people in its range or throws medical bottles at allies in range, including himself.

He is a part of the Western Town trio with Piper and Byron, and has no confirmed relationship with other Brawlers. He may be related to the other cycloptic robots (Siege Bots, Big Boss Bots, and Darryl, Rico, Nani, and Stu) who in turn may have been built by Pam.

He can be seen in the Starr Park Trailer, where he serves the speaker a glass of liquid that is clearly not meant to be drank. (It burns the guy's hand so badly that the camera cuts out for a moment and he has a plastic hand now.) He is addressed as "Bartleby," which is similar to his current name.

Next: The final Rare, Rosa!

Last edited:
Rosa
Rosa (New).png

While Shelly and Bull may be notorious bush campers, neither is as bush-reliant as Rosa. Rosa is a Heavyweight with surprising range and a Super shield that blocks 80% damage. Three of her extras relate to bushes (creating bushes, healing while inside bushes, and damaging everyone in bushes while also slowing them down). All of these have earned her the fan title "Bush Wookie."

She is a part of the Botany trio, with Bea and Sprout. She works in a greenhouse with Bea and they both created Sprout. I've heard a theory that she could be Shelly's mother, but this doesn't seem likely.

Next, we head to the first Super Rare, Rico, the bouncy-ball machine!

Rico
Rico.png
Rico (short for Ricochet) is a Super Rare Brawler and one of the more fun characters to play as. He is classified as a sharpshooter with impressive reload speed, and his unique function is that he's a bouncy-ball machine. So, he naturally shoots bouncy balls, (for his attack and his Super) which can ricochet off the walls at crazy angles, allowing you to surprise enemies from almost any direction. On top of that, the range of the balls increase by half a tile with each bounce, so you can pull some crazy trickshots with him.

Rico is in the Retropolis trio with Brock and 8-Bit. He also has similarities to Darryl, Barley, Stu, and Nani.
Here's where things get a little weird. His voice lines are almost identical to that of the Big Boss Robot, a massive killer machine that only shows up in certain events. In fact, they're exactly the same, just at a higher pitch than the Big Boss's. So they may all be related somehow. And to put an even weirder twist on things, (and also a testament to Brawl Stars' love for the community, as it was first created by a community member) he is dating Piper.

Yeah. A human and a robot. Not weird at all.

According to the original lore of the game, Rico was a pool bot of some kind. They later changed it so that he's a bouncy ball machine come to life.

Next we go to Darryl, the robot barrel-rolling gun-slinging pirate!

8-Bit

8-Bit is a very unique Sharpshooter. Not only does he deal more damage than most of the others, he has health that rivals most Fighters, and isn't far off from most Heavyweights. You would think this would make him OP (Excellent range, high health, and great damage), but he has one great equalizer: he is the slowest character in the game. This counteracts his amazing stats by allowing him to get hit much more frequently and making it harder and slower for him to get to a good position. He is also unique for being one of two characters who can amplify the attack power of allies. (The other being Colonel Ruffs.)

He is one of four machines who are not one of the single eyed machines (8-Bit, Surge, Tick, and Carl) and is a part of the Retropolis trio with Brock and Rico.

8-Bit has what is possibly the most in-depth backstory thus far. Initially, he was just a regular arcade machine. (See the Starr Park trailer for proof.) Eventually, he gained sentience (most likely through the toxic waste spill) and was troubled for a while as to who he really was. He went on a journey and, after destroying a dark clone of himself, freed himself and escaped into the world of Brawl Stars. On a side note, he runs on a Windows processor, which is unusual.

Next: EMZ, the selfie loving mummy zombie!
Game Boy anyone?

This alt was apparently based on one of the Nintendo consoles, I think.
Retro.png

Oh SWEET. I just watch the latest Brawl Talk (the equivalent of a Nintendo Direct, I suppose) and we're getting two new brawlers, 3.5 new game modes, and like, 30+ new skins. (What the flipping heck, that's a huge number.)

Last edited:
I sincerely think they must have based Tick off of MegaHammer from SMG2.
Tick.png
Megahammer_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_Galaxy_2.png
I swear they look so alike.

Back