Super Switch/Switch Pro

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
With rumours about the Super Switch and/or Switch Pro poping up a lot lately, I figured I'd make a thread pertaining to its discussion.

Me personally, I would want the Super Switch to be more powerful than the current Switch/Switch Lite and support 4K resolution. I also want the OLED screen like the 1000 series PS Vita systems.

What would you want to see in a Super Switch?

a battery life longer than 30 minutes would be nice
Yeah, that's the best thing and it would make it more efficient than the PS Vita and Switch Lite.

I've just found out about this and it looks like it's just created around fans being impatient. Aside from joycon drifts, I don't see any other concerns with the switch. I would definitely like that IF the rumors are true, that they add some additional sprinkles on the top of that cherry, like:
-getting the joycon drift issues repaired
-having a better battery loife
-removing the fuking nintendo switch online instead of keeping it
-making the game cartridges work better instead of having a software error everytime a new game gets inserted
-installing a new gimmick, like i dunno... what comes out unexpected everytime?
-putting the charging place in another spot because it's so bad using it below the console
-hav gud guames :}

Last edited:
Make it less likely to get Joy-Con drift and more durable like the 2DS, and I'll be happy.
I agree, they should refine the analog stick and make it way better than the Vita and the current Switches/Switch Lite.

I've just found out about this and it looks like it's just created around fans being impatient. Aside from joycon drifts, I don't see any other concerns with the switch.
I think power is the big concern with the current model of the Switch. Like yeah, the Switch was never going to be a powerhouse of a system by its sheer design and it can handle downports of PS4/Xbone games (some better than others), but what happens when those stop being made and devs instead focus on the PS5/XSX? I think the entire point of the Switch Pro is to ensure that Nintendo can keep receiving those ports without third-parties having to severely cut back on the graphics/features of the game when porting it to Nintendo's hybrid.

Anyways, as weird as it sounds when talking about an upgrade for the Switch, I really hope it maintains the 720p resolution on its own screen. I know it makes no sense and lots of people are hoping for a 1080p panel, but it takes less power to render games at 720p vs 1080p, so a hypothetical Switch Pro with more power could likely render more games (hopefully all?) current Switch games at full 720p in handheld without a severe battery hit vs if they had to render them at 1080p. (Obviously I'd expect some games that would specifically use the power of the Switch Pro to still have to render at less than 720p for performance reasons, but there's no real perfect solution to that)

I think power is the big concern with the current model of the Switch. Like yeah, the Switch was never going to be a powerhouse of a system by its sheer design and it can handle downports of PS4/Xbone games (some better than others), but what happens when those stop being made and devs instead focus on the PS5/XSX? I think the entire point of the Switch Pro is to ensure that Nintendo can keep receiving those ports without third-parties having to severely cut back on the graphics/features of the game when porting it to Nintendo's hybrid.

Anyways, as weird as it sounds when talking about an upgrade for the Switch, I really hope it maintains the 720p resolution on its own screen. I know it makes no sense and lots of people are hoping for a 1080p panel, but it takes less power to render games at 720p vs 1080p, so a hypothetical Switch Pro with more power could likely render more games (hopefully all?) current Switch games at full 720p in handheld without a severe battery hit vs if they had to render them at 1080p. (Obviously I'd expect some games that would specifically use the power of the Switch Pro to still have to render at less than 720p for performance reasons, but there's no real perfect solution to that)
The switch is as powerful as an Xbox 360 and it makes me sad.

The switch is as powerful as an Xbox 360 and it makes me sad.
Nah, the Switch is significantly more powerful than a 360 (and PS3, if I may just add that into the consideration). I'm not gonna go deep into the specs but just look at the RAM, for example: 360 had 512 MB, the PS3 had 256 MB, and the Switch has 4 GB. That's eight times as much as the 360 and sixteen times as much as the PS3. That alone is a huge difference. (Shout out to anyone who remembers how godawful Skyrim ran on PS3 as your save got more and more bloated btw. Stuttering and framerates that capped at 20 fps and often dipped into the teens. Meanwhile the Switch version runs at nearly-locked 30 fps with only occasional frame dips and that's with improved graphics)

And then you get how the CPU and GPU, while they may not look more powerful on paper, they're using modern feature sets and technology as opposed to technology and feature sets from ~2005-2006. Be like saying that a first gen Core i5-760 desktop CPU from 2010 is better than my laptop's Core i5-10300H from 2020 because the former's base clock speed is 2.8 GHz but the latter's is 2.5 GHz, you know?

Alternatively just look at how many ports of 360/PS3 titles on the Switch that can run at 720p (and maybe even 1080p, depending on how 'upgraded' the port is) when the originals would often run at sub-720p lol.

It'd be nice if they fixed the joycons. I mean, they're willingly manufacturing controls they know are defective, are refusing to offer refunds in all territories (I've heard Europe is pretty hit or miss when it comes to free joycon repairs), AND are arguing that joycon drift hasn't affected anyone. But they probably won't.

Better graphics would be cool tho. I'm interested to see how Nintendo will balance power, price, and battery life with the Switch Pro.

make it so that the console can stream gameplay to the dock while it's not plugged in so that in splatoon 3 you can look at the map on the tablet like in splatoon 1 instead of covering the whole screen like in splatoon 2

Back