Make posts in forum games not count.

64-Bit Nintendo Machine

64 Bits of Power!
People obviously get huge amounts of posts from forum games such as roleplaying, counting, and elimination. I want posts in the forum games forum not count to their post totals at all.

But what does this accomplish?

It's still a post

Obviously, people get huge amounts of posts in forum games and it obviously drives people towards those forums instead of actual forums so that they can get huge amounts of posts.

I still feel like post in any threads still count as posts, however you should be able to distinguish your posts not in Forum Games from posts in Forum Games.

this makes me think that you're jealous some people have more posts than you that play forum games

i really hate when people care about post count

and before you tell me, gamer did care, not blitz

this makes me think that you're jealous some people have more posts than you that play forum games

i really hate when people care about post count

and before you tell me, gamer did care, not blitz
Good point, it doesn't really matter.

Also, why is there not an official suggestions thread?

Well it enrages me that people care about their post count as if this was a contest, and if he doesn't care about it, it looks like it

also before you tell me i know gamer did care about his post count, don't remind me of that dark age

I don't think that a change like that is necessary, since the post count is just a number and it shouldn't affect one's experience on the Boards. It would only be an issue if a large amount of people post in Forum Games specifically to increase post count. From my experience, that's not the case, since not too many people post in FG consistently, and it doesn't seem to be because of the post count specifically.

Well it enrages me that people care about their post count as if this was a contest, and if he doesn't care about it, it looks like it

also before you tell me i know gamer did care about his post count, don't remind me of that dark age
Remember when you said that you were gonna get to a certain amount of posts in a few months?

that was gamer, if you remember, and some of his posts gave me so much cringe i deleted them

I do not know exactly what this will accomplish. I don't think there's much value to have gotten to make this much of a fuss over a number that records your activity in the forum, and I don't see why you're bothered by it. I strongly feel people who get bothered by other people talking about their post titles or even getting bothered by others bragging about it is...more of a them issue than it really is than people discussing their post count, really? Sure, if they are shit-posting just to drive that number up, then that's bad, but we already have a shit-posting rule instated on this forum, so anyone who does abuse their post privileges to post meaningless content will already get punished for that. The intent pretty much boils down to: "I care too much about people caring about their post counts, even though I think I say it doesn't matter, so we should do something that ultimately accomplishes nothing." and I thought it was the same deal back in the day when post count number was displayed next to your avatar.

I also feel like a rule like this is rather demeaning towards people who indeed contribute to the forum in some capacity, even if it's through playing counting games. They're still interacting with the community in a meaningful way with other people as is posting information about the latest game in our Marioverse subforum. Same thing with shitposting in Mindless Junk, at least, if the Mindless Junk threads actually have effort and thought put into them to make them entertaining to other community members. There's functionally little difference between me making lengthy roleplay posts and someone posting a single sentence summing up their feelings on a fighter reveal in the Smash subforum, and this proposal does not distinguish between.

I say, this tweak doesn't do anything and it doesn't fix anything that our rules against low-effort shitposting doesn't already accomplish.

That's not my argument. Read my post again.

Oh, I just skimmed it the first time. My bad.
I like this. Make someone's post count an indicator of the actual discussion they've been in.

It's pretty rich you call me out for making a "wallpost" explaining my opinion on the matter, admitting to not read my thoughts while at the same time in this very thread championing "actual discussion".

Back