Mario Party 4-7 Discussion.

What do you like about The mario parties 4-7?

• The boards.

• The items.

• The minigames.

• The characters.

• All of the above.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fordsy

A ♥Bill Cipher♥ fan
Pronouns
She/her
Mario party 4-7 were released for the Nintendo GameCube. Mario party 4 was released in 2002. Its my least favorite.
Mario party 5 was released in 2003. I like it much better than 4. Mario party 6 was released in 2004 its my favorite one.
Mario party 7 was released in 2005. Its my favorite also.

How about you guys?

The GameCube Mario Party games were certainly my favorite, from 4-7. If I were to rank them, 6>7>4>5 but all of them have their own strengths and weaknesses that set them apart: 5 even has super duel mode and the best minigame in the series, Mario Mechs. I really liked 6's day and night system and Brighton and Twila are my favorite hosts in the series and it also introduced Toadette as a playable character. It was also the last Mario Party to use a good dueling system before we got the stupid randomizer in later Mario Party games afterward rather than putting your items at stake initially. Mario Party 6 also has Faire Square, which is my favorite board in the series. 6 also refined the orb system and made it better than 5's wonky and random capsules.

I definitely like orbs the best too....more than capsules or items. And i definitely like the idea of duels too.
Pyramid park is my favorite board ever....i like how you get to ride chomps to steal stars, and Pyramid park is also the toughest board too....and i like that, and also Snowflake lake,

They're probably my least favorite games in the series. With the exception of Mario Party: Island Tour, I like the Mario Party games made by ND Cube the most (10 and Star Rush are my favorites).

Even the N64 Mario Party games are more fun because of what you can do with Gameshark codes. I use a Dice Roll modifier so that my character rolls a 7 every turn and that way I don't have to worry about getting crappy low numbers. I also use Character Modifiers to change my opponents mid-game. What I like to do in Mario Party 3 is start the party with characters that I like (I play as Peach, my opponents are Daisy, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong), and then on the last turn I change my opponents to Wario, Waluigi, and Luigi so that they're the ones that lose at the end. I can't do this in the Gamecube Mario Party games because I haven't been able to find any Character Modifier codes, and that's why they're not as fun to me.

There are other problems besides that, for example, I really don't like the board gameplay in Mario Party 4 and 5. Both games are painfully slow since the characters move across the board at a snail's pace, and some of the items have really long animations. Also, all of Mario Party 4's boards have some annoying gimmick that makes it difficult to get to where you need to (teacups in Toad's Midway Madness, the roulette and Goomba dice block duels in Gooma's Greedy Gala, the banana peels in Koopa's Seaside Soiree, etc.).

Mario Party 6 and 7 have much better boards and the gameplay has been sped up, but their minigames are mediocre. Both games have a few minigames that I really can't stand playing and make me want to reset the game whenever they get chosen (Cannonball Fun and Same is Lame in MP6, Bubble Brawl and Sphere Factor in MP7). Mario Party 7 also has one of the laziest and least creative minigames ever, which is Cointagious.

So yeah, sorry to the fans of these games but I really don't like them anymore. I said that they're probably my least favorite games in the series, but I think that I actually dislike Mario Party: Island Tour more.

I never really played any of these games, so I'm not really sure. What I do know is that all the GameCube games haven't been re-released for years.

They're probably my least favorite games in the series. With the exception of Mario Party: Island Tour, I like the Mario Party games made by ND Cube the most (10 and Star Rush are my favorites).

Even the N64 Mario Party games are more fun because of what you can do with Gameshark codes. I use a Dice Roll modifier so that my character rolls a 7 every turn and that way I don't have to worry about getting crappy low numbers. I also use Character Modifiers to change my opponents mid-game. What I like to do in Mario Party 3 is start the party with characters that I like (I play as Peach, my opponents are Daisy, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong), and then on the last turn I change my opponents to Wario, Waluigi, and Luigi so that they're the ones that lose at the end. I can't do this in the Gamecube Mario Party games because I haven't been able to find any Character Modifier codes, and that's why they're not as fun to me.

There are other problems besides that, for example, I really don't like the board gameplay in Mario Party 4 and 5. Both games are painfully slow since the characters move across the board at a snail's pace, and some of the items have really long animations. Also, all of Mario Party 4's boards have some annoying gimmick that makes it difficult to get to where you need to (teacups in Toad's Midway Madness, the roulette and Goomba dice block duels in Gooma's Greedy Gala, the banana peels in Koopa's Seaside Soiree, etc.).

Mario Party 6 and 7 have much better boards and the gameplay has been sped up, but their minigames are mediocre. Both games have a few minigames that I really can't stand playing and make me want to reset the game whenever they get chosen (Cannonball Fun and Same is Lame in MP6, Bubble Brawl and Sphere Factor in MP7). Mario Party 7 also has one of the laziest and least creative minigames ever, which is Cointagious.

So yeah, sorry to the fans of these games but I really don't like them anymore. I said that they're probably my least favorite games in the series, but I think that I actually dislike Mario Party: Island Tour more.
I do agree with you about the minigames Cointagious and Same is lame....i don't like those either.
How do you do those cheat codes to roll a 7 every time?

MP6 has my favorite boards, because the items work for the player, unlike the other Mario partys where items can backfire on the player. I feel the items working for the player adds more strategy and less luck on the board.

MP5 has the mech tournament like Blof mentioned, although it's very limited it is quite fun.
There's also the cute father son dynamic with Bowser and Junior in story mode. And 3D versions of Paper Mario's Star Spirits for some reason, I'd like to see more paper characters 3Dized tbh.

I haven't played 4 and 7 enough for a good opinion on em

Last edited:
Mario Party 5 and 6 are my favorites from the GameCube games. They probably had my most favorite mini games and modes. I also liked how in 6, some mini games have rule changes if its day or night.

Mario Party 4 - My favorite board is Toad's Midway Madness. I also liked those extra minigames in Whomp's Room.
Mario Party 5 - My favorite board is either Pirate or Future Dream. I also liked Super Duel Mode, Story Mode, Mini-Game Circuit, Volleyball and Ice Hockey.
Mario Party 6 - My favorite board is Snowflake Lake. Mic Mini Games, Speak Up, Star Sprint, Solo Mode, and the Rare Mini games, Dunk Bros and Block Star.
Mario Party 7 - My favorite board is either Pagoda Peak, Windmillville, or Neon Heights. 8 player party mode and mini games was cool.

Mario party 4: Favorite boards are Bowser's Gnarly Party, Boo's Haunted Bash, Koopa's Seaside Soiree.
Mario Party 5: Favorite boards are Future Dream, Bowser's Nightmare.
Mario Party 6: Favorite boards are E. Gadd's Garage, but i like em all a lot.
Mario Party 7: Favorite boards are Pyramid Park, Bowser's Enchanted Inferno, Pagoda Peak.
I'll say my favorite items and minigames a different time.

All Mario Parties are fun bad. Though I think 4 6 and 7 are pretty bleh.

5 is alright though.

What I like to do in Mario Party 3 is start the party with characters that I like (I play as Peach, my opponents are Daisy, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong), and then on the last turn I change my opponents to Wario, Waluigi, and Luigi so that they're the ones that lose at the end. I can't do this in the Gamecube Mario Party games because I haven't been able to find any Character Modifier codes, and that's why they're not as fun to me.
6uaIW7H.png

B1omzsM.png

I'm sold on the N64 Mario Parties. I can do Mario vs Wario vs Wario vs Wario...

I may have been too hard on the Gamecube Mario Party games, and so I've decided to play one of them again just to see if I would enjoy it. I went with Mario Party 5 because I've always felt that MP5 is an underrated game. Whenever I see people rank the Mario Party games, I usually see 5 on the lower half of their lists, and 5 is usually considered to be the worst Gamecube Mario Party. I disagree with this, and while I can't say that 5 is better than 6 or 7, I at least think that it's better than Mario Party 4, and it should be above 4 on people's lists.

In the last week, I've played a total of three 50-turn games and the boards that I played on were Sweet Dream, Undersea Dream, and Future Dream. All three times I picked the same characters; I played as Daisy and my buddies were Peach, Toad, and Koopa Kid (all on Hard difficulty). The reason why I played as Daisy is because I have bad luck in these games, and so I'd rather not play as one of my favorite characters. Also, she's voiced by Jen Taylor in this game, so I can tolerate her.

This game is actually kind of fun. Mario Party 5 has pretty good minigames and some of my favorites are Night Light Fright, Pop Star Piranhas, Mazed & Confused, Pushy Penguins, and Bill Blasters.

Like I said before, one of the biggest problems with these games is the slow gameplay and waiting times, and I find that it helps to be playing another game on a phone/tablet or watching videos on another device while the CPUs take their turns. But overall I would say that I enjoyed my time playing this game and I look forward to playing the rest of the boards. Not sure if I want to play the other Gamecube Mario Party games though.

(One time on Sweet Dream, Koopa Kid payed 10 coins to use a Lakitu Capsule when nobody else had any capsules. Why? That's almost as bad as that time when I saw CPU Daisy use a Cellular Shopper to buy another Cellular Shopper two turns in a row in Mario Party 3)

My mother used to think that Mario Party 5 was too juvenile but i don't think it is, Its quite hard actually which that's what i like in games.

Back