What problems do you have with Mario Superstar baseball?

xoalora

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
DryBowser64
my problem is that Nintendo Put Bowser Jr. as a Powerful Character insted of a Speedy one they were probably thinking "bowser Jr. is gonna Out run everyone on the field so i think we should put him in the powerful character section with his dad" now i know you're thinking "why?" you wanna know why? it's because.....umm...shoot....because basically Bowser Jr at this age is Built Just like his dad so it'gonna all make sense but i think that's not fair and Bowser Jr. i think does NOT belong there in the powerful section

(say what you want i'm just sharing my opinion)

Baby Mario's "Catch a booted ball!" mission is way too difficult/luck based. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to clear this mission and I have all of the characters as super stars, but I still don't like this mission and think that it shouldn't exist...

Yoshi is statistically overrated, meaning that his stats are way too high (IMO). He is the only Speed character with a batting stat of 5/10, and he is also the fastest runner and has an above average fielding stat.

Birdo's stats are too low for a team captain. Her batting stat is her only good stat, while all of her other stats are below average.

At least all of these problems were fixed in Mario Super Sluggers. Starring all of the characters is easier, Yoshi's batting stat is lower, and Birdo has MUCH better stats in that game.

I recall Mario's star mission was also ridiculous in its difficulty, being pitch a perfect game and in like mid-level difficulty. You can easily forfeit your games if you fail them, but it just seems hard. I never got to Star Mario in that game. Meanwhile my sister gets to star Baby Luigi as Baby Luigi got some really simple missions. Jelly!

I also remember really hating that Mario's team is filled with Piantas and they're like Wario's minions. I think at the time I disliked the Piantas so much I just didn't choose Mario's team and went for... Yoshi's team since that one had Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Super Sluggers somehow took in Baby Mario and Baby Luigi probably because that was spammed with clones and the other babies like Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Peach were put into the adult version's teams as well.

I have no idea how Europeans or Australians can play Super Sluggers short of, well... 🏴‍☠️. The thing's not even released in Wii U eShop in those regions and wasn't re-released under Nintendo selects. It's really baffling.

Also the Toy Field in that one was... eh... and Super Sluggers improved on it so much.

Last edited:
Biggest problem with Mario Superstar Baseball is Baby Luigi's batting stat being abysmal lol. Otherwise, the little minigames are a lot of fun and they remind me that Baby Luigi should be playable in Mario Party.

Biggest problem with Mario Superstar Baseball is Baby Luigi's batting stat being abysmal lol. Otherwise, the little minigames are a lot of fun and they remind me that Baby Luigi should be playable in Mario Party.
i'm sure those are one of the huge problems like in the next mario baseball game thy finally put jr in the right section

Back