Which Mario game had the best music?

SMG1. 2 had some good tracks, but you can't beat the original.

It's not an easy pick for me, but I really do like Mario Sports Mix, Mario Strikers Charged, the Mario Baseball games, and Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix's soundtrack. Galaxy 1 and 2 are the easy picks but no one else talks about the games I've listed.

Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are the obvious picks (Odyssey too), but I'm also a big fan of the M&L series' soundtracks, particularly Dream Team's. There's also Fortune Street's soundtrack, which has some incredible Mario remixes that aren't talked about much (like that NSMBDS castle theme remix).

Mario Sports Mix
Ah yes, that's another one. I haven't played the game in literal years and yet the tutorial theme has always kept playing in my head.

Mario Hoops 3 on 3, DDR Mario Mix, and the Mario & Sonic games.

i spent far too long writing this post. of course the galaxies and odyssey are obvious choices, and 3dw probably, but i also wanna highlight specific soundtracks and a few songs in them i really really like
yoshis islands soundtrack. really like the athlethic and underground and castle and final boss themes and the ending . just list off half the soundtrack lmao but it deserves it

mario + rabbids obviously!!!! i could highlight like a billion songs here oh my GOD (i am very biased) so if i just to rapid fire list some off.... the waterfall puzzle, midboss mayhem, hoppers, tower tweeter, rabbid kong,m a song of ice and desert, sherbert deserts battle themes all slap, phantoms themes in general, fahrenheit forge, exploring the mine, the final boss themes, lagoon promenade, midboss melody (IT REMIXES DKC2 NOTHING ELSE IN THE GAME DOES), jungle joust, dungeon dispute, and im still leaving some real good ones out so yeah. this soundtrack

donkey kong country 2! i really really really like hot head bop and stickerbrush symphony and snakey chantey!!! apparently stickerbrush was called like, one of the best songs in video games, and i totally get that. theres a whole buncha other really good songs in here too like jib jig, forest interlude, disco train, in a snowbound land, krooks march, primal rave, crocodile cacophony!!! dkc1 has a good sound track too (FEAR FACTORY!!!!!) and i am yet to hear dkc3s

donkey kong country 2! i really really really like hot head bop and stickerbrush symphony and snakey chantey!!! apparently stickerbrush was called like, one of the best songs in video games, and i totally get that. theres a whole buncha other really good songs in here too like jib jig, forest interlude, disco train, in a snowbound land, krooks march, primal rave, crocodile cacophony!!! dkc1 has a good sound track too (FEAR FACTORY!!!!!) and i am yet to hear dkc3s
I'd argue that the DK games don't really count.

let me be : ( i just reall yreally like the music and i. still consider them mario games even if not directly if that makes sense

so lets get the obvious out of the way: mario galaxy. i dont need to say anything about it, so ill talk about other games with a banging soundtrack:

modern paper mario has some slapping music, and so do mario odyssey and mario + rabbids

Reactions: zel
For me it will always be Paper Mario 64.

I love Dry Dry Desert:

Lava Lava Island has a wonderful intensity:

I love the guitar music in Ghastly Gulch:

One I never even thought about was this:

Wario World was a sleepsr hit for me. The Game Cube sure suprised me with installments that took risks.

Back