Did Mario actually save the video game industry?

Wario's ass

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
I've always repeated that like a mantra lol, but how true is it? You sure he did it singlehandedly?

I like to believe that he played a considerable role in restoring the industry (in America anyways), but I'm sure there were other contributing factors such as Nintendo's clever marketing of the NES and what-not.

Pretty much. Of course, there were other factors, such as R.O.B, the NES' marketing and it's untraditional design, amongst other things. But it was undeniably the original SMB and it's massive success that begun the road to video games becoming profitable and prominent in North America again after it's crash.

There was a considerable gaming crash partially due to the lack of quality control and I think ROB and Nintendo contributed their part in helping video games become relevant and popular again but the current state of the game industry today is a disgraceful mess and needs a lot of saving too. Unfortunately, Nintendo is part of that mess too.

Wasn't the '83 crash basically people losing interest in video games because the market was oversaturated with mostly shitty ones? That doesn't seem to be the case nowadays: corporations like Nintendo are a lot scummier--"anti-consumer"--, but that is indicative that their current business practices see very profitable results.

Unless the economic system itself changes, no one will be there to help.

Last edited:
Back