Random discussions

Fordsy

A ♥Bill Cipher♥ fan
Pronouns
She/her
What do you guys think about aliens. Do you think they are real or false? tell me your opinion.

I feel like with how vast our universe is, there is an almost zero chance we are truly the only planet with intelligent life.

Reactions: zel
The-Abell-901-902-Supercluster-of-Galaxies.jpg

Almost every point of light in this image is a galaxy (not including some foreground stars) which contains an unfathomable amount of stars which in turn contain an unfathomable amount of planets, and this is just a single super cluster that I know of.

Yeah with how utterly vast the cosmos are, I find it hard to believe that the only life that exists at all is on our planet. There has to be something out there somewhere, whether it's an intelligent species that has its own civilizations like we do or just single-celled organisms floating in a sea in some distant planet, who knows?

Bible isn't scientific evidence lol.

Aliens do exist somewhere, but whe don't know where.

The bible is fiction, and none of it happened.

I Believe in GOD too happy mask salesman BUT i've seen evidence of real LIVE SHAPESHIFTERS caught on camera. and i've heard about an alien base on the moon.

Last edited:
but sure we can discuss a different subject. what do you want to ask me. it has to be something a 24 year old girl would know because that's what i am.

do you think they keep them in area 51

well we could have stormed it back at september to find out but i guess our naruto run needs more work

The Bible may be strange at times but it sure as hell is fun to read and for that aliens would like it too.

My favorite part of the Bible is the part where a bunch of youth are making fun of some dude for being bald and he calls on God to punish them and some damn bears come out and maul them

Like what the hell.

hmm well in order for life to actually exist there's a lot of different things that need to happen and i don't think we're even sure where the first earthy life came about from just chemicals mixing and then forming some very simple microorganisms or something. you'd need to know the rough order of magnitude of the probability of life existing on a given random planet and weigh that against the number of planets there are. but of course it's complex because some of them are a lot more likely to be inhabitable than others. and bear in mind that if we do find anything, it's even less likely to resemble humans in any way, and "aliens" often bring to mind roughly human-like beings so we'd need to clarify that too - if we're looking for anything that meets the "alive" criterion vs. being somewhat like humans.

What have I created? This discussion went from Aliens to Bible in one post. Damn.

Well I think Aliens arn't real because. A, there is no mentioning of them in the Bible. B. In the first chapter it says god created the heavens and the earth. And then later on he created Man in his image. Though, now that I think about it there still might be a chance he also made other life forms? I don't know in my opinion even discounting the Bible don't think aliens are real. If they were they would be discovered by now.

I'm not so sure of how much of the Bible is real now that Adam and Eve are no longer a thing I think thanks to the theory of evolution lol.

Please name and quote the exact passage where "Bible says no" occurs.

No vague-posting either; I want to hear where in the Bible this point is addressed and a definitive, conclusive denouncement of this possibility is made.

im not the original poster, but no, there isn't anywhere in the Bible where it specifically states that there's no such thing as aliens, in the meaning of extra-terrestrial life. There's no Bible verse that says "And He made man in his own Image... and then He made some aliens too" or anything like that... nor is there a verse that says "And He made man in His own Image... but aliens, nah man, none of those", but, I'd wager it's fairly likely that you already knew that anyway.

That said, if you (or anyone else here, for that matter) did genuinely want to know why someone who's Christian would say there's no such thing as aliens, it really comes down to two things imo: 1st, although there's nothing in the Bible that denies the existence of aliens, there is also nothing to declare the existence of them either. the second is that, when you look at the entire narrative of the Bible, it's really a story about God and humanity: He created man in His own image, and then after the fall it's all about His plan for His chosen people, Israel, and then the sacrifice and eventual return of Christ (obviously that's a simple version of it, but i assume you're fairly familiar with the basics). so when you try and add in the idea of intelligent life other than humans, suddenly you get difficult (and, if i'm being honest, pretty funny imo) questions about the implications of that: did Jesus die for the aliens too? Have the aliens fallen into sin? will they get into heaven with us? it would be quite a can of worms. a friend of mine, when discussing this very topic, remarked that he didn't think there were aliens simply because "if God made them, He would have told us", and I feel like that's a pretty fair summary of why i feel that "intelligent extraterrestrial life" doesn't really line up with the Biblical worldview, it just doesn't fit into the story and narrative of the universe as crafted by God. i'm sure a theologian would be able to give you a much wordier explanation, but that's about all my 12am brain can handle. there's no Scripture references, but again, aliens aren't mentioned in it, and it's not really like "do aliens exist" is really essential to any of the facets of life that the Bible covers or gives instruction to, since questions like that are not the reason why it was written. if you really want some Scripture references, i could probably dig around for stuff, but it'd be more general creation theology and Christ-focused stuff rather than anything about aliens specifically...

for me personally, i've never really cared much about aliens (or space in general, for that matter, if i'm being honest), so i havent ever really given it much brainspace. there's enough things and creatures to think about here on earth, i dont need to start worrying about there being some a few million light years away tbh

Last edited:
i came into this thread thinking i could score easy points by pointing out that the bible doesn't mention animals that people living in the near east in the bronze age wouldn't have known about, like penguins or kangaroos, but upon spending 2 minutes on google it turns out that the bible doesn't even mention squirrels, which not only live in the near east but actually in israel. so not only do creatures the bible doesn't mention exist, but creatures the bible doesn't mention existed alongside the israelites, thus proving that there were ancient aliens

Back