mario forever

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Pronouns
He/him
you know, I've had this game since I was a child, but now that I tried it again, I don't really see the fun in it. I mean Idk if there is a way to save your game, but I haven't found it, and the game is as hard as hell, and not the good kind of hard. but for those of you who know it, I guess you can talk about it here, like I don't see any other threads for this. If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it if you don't have anything to do or just want to play a new challenging mario game.

It was my first Mario game ever! This is how I got exposure to the character before I touched any official Mario media. It was indeed a pretty difficult experience to boot--I could never get past World 6. A lot of the game's soundtrack was ripped from Yoshi's Island I believe? World 4 made me permanently associate the YI "Overworld" theme with Lakitu.

I remember the game had quite the creepy Easter egg. Going way beyond the first screen with the pipes, you entered a human laboratory world with lots of enemies consisting of escaped humanoid experiments that acted just like the common overworld enemies. The "Hammer Bro" guys in particular were these buff blonde males that shouted "opa" whenever they threw a hammer.

I remember the game had quite the creepy Easter egg. Going way beyond the first screen with the pipes, you entered a human laboratory world with lots of enemies consisting of escaped humanoid experiments that acted just like the common overworld enemies.
It wasn't a easter egg. you could just see it if you go a bit too far in the mode select.

i know this game. it has super mario world and yoshi's island music, as well as some music that was made by the guy who made the game, and yes. the guy apparently worked on the game by himself, which is honestly impressive. i believe the game is still getting updates, but every time i look at the game something new gets added. there rare several modes and even apparently a level editor. i recently redownloaded the game for nostalgia, and yeah, the game is HARD. like, if i'm gonna be honest some levels feel like they belong in mario the lost levels or mario maker. a lot of levels just aren't enjoyable, and on top of that the game isn't very polished (i mean it was made by one guy so that makes sense). i actually raged quite a few times while playing. i guess if you're looking for a mario fangame to play, give it a shot.

These two tracks used in Mario Forever don't originate from any official Mario game unlike most of its soundtrack. Pretty groovy pieces regardless!

Last edited:
Back