how Luigi could have been added in Super Mario 64

Rowbro

Goomba
here's how Luigi could have been handled in Mario 64, he wouldn't be playable, but rather a support role, if you had at least 10 stars. go infront of the star statue in the courtyard Duck, and wait for Mario to nod 3 times, then Luigi would appear and say,"hey Mario, long time no see. Bowser trapped me in this statue, If you want me to find stars for you, talk to me". Luigi could have functioned the same way he did in Super Mario Galaxy. Same could have gone for Super Mario Sunshine

(that would look too fan-made but whatever) this looks too secret, and only fans would know how to do it. If this would happen, there should be a hint somewhere. But again, it would be a fan that would do this and not Nintendo. In fact, I don't even know if Nintendo are that interested in the "L is real".

the hint could probably be in the sign below the star statue, it could have told you everything you should do in order to unlock Luigi as an NPC

Here's a thought: Luigi is the main antagonist. Hardened and bitter by years of living in the shadow, his inner hatred is capitalized upon by Kamek, who uses his Magikoopa Magic to turn Luigi against his brother. The ultimate Mario plot (I'm claiming this BTW).

good thought, but maybe after you beat Luigi, then he'll function like he did in Super Mario Galaxy, or maybe, he'll not be an antagonist, because this will establish Luigi as Mario's brother

I don't see in any realm of possibility Luigi can serve as an antagonist to Mario unless Luigi is blatantly brainwashed Mr. L style.

waluigi for Mario 64 hd - they added luigi in the ds version and wario too but where's waluigi

I don't see in any realm of possibility Luigi can serve as an antagonist to Mario unless Luigi is blatantly brainwashed Mr. L style.
Yeah, that's why I threw Kamek into the mix.

Kamek would have hypnotized Luigi if Yoshi hadn't rescued him in Yoshi's Island, or maybe Kamek hypnotized Luigi, then Bowser trapped Luigi in the statue and the only way Mario could break the hypnosis is if he collected 10 stars

Last edited:
or maybe, Luigi gets trapped in the painting, then the painting gets trapped in the star statue, so Mario has to get at least 10 stars to free the painting from the star statue and Luigi from the painting.

or maybe, Luigi gets trapped in the painting, then the painting gets trapped in the star statue, so Mario has to get at least 10 stars to free the painting from the star statue and Luigi from the painting.
I mean this really gets fanficky and confusing. How does a painting even get stuck in a statue?

with the power of the Power Stars, Bowser steals the Power Stars to trap Luigi in the statue. Peach in the castle stained glass painting. then spreads them in painting locations so that there is none in the castle.

Speaking of, I always wondered what Luigi's scrapped Super Mario 64 model looked like. I guess we'll never know now.

Back