Gamegear Micro

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
EZjJF9IU4AAdc6X

Er, that sure is micro alright.

It launches pretty soon in Japan and has 30 games loaded in but the problem is ... how exactly are you supposed to play it without Pym Particles?

Kinda surprised that they beat the Gameboy to it, Nintendo not considering any more mini consoles aside

Plenty, it didn't hit Nintendo too hard but with the Lynx not doing so well, the only competition Nintendo had in the handheld market is this ... and those Tiger games

Based on a follow-up video, it appears that it comes in 4 different colours, and get this: each colour has its own set of games, four a piece! The micro console appears to run on AAA batteries, although there seems to be a USB connector (maybe for powering it?).

Thank you for reading.

I think you're better off getting a 3ds if you want Game Gear games, you have to pay 200 dollars for all of them, the only brightside I can see is maybe AM2 enhancing the games but the price isn't worth it

I got the Sega Genesis Mini from AM2, it's actually really good and is better than Nintendo's Mini Consoles in a few ways
This feels like they tried to correct the Game Gear problems but created the opposite problems instead, it was bulky, the screen was terrible and the batteries died too fast, now it's too small, there is flat out a separate thing you have to buy to even see the screen and there isn't enough to play to justify spending a long time on it
Together, it's more costly than the Turbographx 16 mini, which is 100 bucks plus shipping and handeling

doesnt it cost like 50 dollers for only 4 games ??? that sounds kinda unreasonable because im not sure gamegear games were even that good

I'll admit that the novelty is kinda cute, reminds me of those tiny Pac-man machines I saw at Walmart the other day.

Better to make two good mini consoles than a bunch of shitty ones. Odds are, Sega might put this entire collection on the digital marker.

doesnt it cost like 50 dollers for only 4 games ??? that sounds kinda unreasonable because im not sure gamegear games were even that good
The amazing part is that each device was planned to only have one game, but even the management knew that having only one game is unjustifiable. That's when they decided that each device should have four games. It's better than one, but certainly a bit too little since Game Gear games are typically not that long.

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: zel
Back