Should I switch to wireless headphones?

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
I have a big problem with wired headphones, after a while the cable gets messed up and sound only comes out of one ear. I also hate using earbuds due to terrible sound quality and having to fight with them to keep them in my ears. I am just wondering if I should make the change to wireless

A lot of wireless headphones have the option to plug a wire into them. So yes, they are good.

Both have their quirks. One of them has annoying wire deterioration, the other gobbles up batteries.

I've got Sennheiser HD 4.40 and they're bloody great. They charge from USB. Also has a 3.5mm jack if you don't have Bluetooth.

Both have their quirks. One of them has annoying wire deterioration, the other gobbles up batteries.
Wireless doesn't necessarily gobble batteries. You probably hook it up to a charging station (powerbug) to replenish batteries. It's annoying to have another set of things to keep charged compared to convenience of having something next to you.

Anyhow depends on what you mean by wireless. I have a jackless pair of earbuds that connects to Bluetooth, but they're connected by a wire. But if you mean completely separate earbuds, I should bring up that if you're prone to losing things (as I am), wireless earbuds might not be the best fit. At least with wired, it's one item to keep track of, but with wireless it can be two items you might not appreciate having to remember where you put them.

Back