Come and discuss everything Simpsons!

MightyMario

The Mightest Mario
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
Episodes, Quotes, Favorite Characters, everything about the Simpsons can be discussed!

Last edited:
I've seen The Simpsons infrequently throughout the years, but I recently started watching from Season 1 (as in the last two weeks of last year). It's interesting to see how different the older episodes are from the more recent ones and how each recurrent character is introduced into the show.

I've seen The Simpsons infrequently throughout the years, but I recently started watching from Season 1 (as in the last two weeks of last year). It's interesting to see how different the older episodes are from the more recent ones and how each recurrent character is introduced into the show.
Yeah it is fun to watch the older episodes and see much the show has changed.

I haven't seen too much of the, but which seasons do you recommend? I don't want to watch its seasonal rot period, and there's a lot of episodes to sift through.

I haven't seen too much of the, but which seasons do you recommend? I don't want to watch its seasonal rot period, and there's a lot of episodes to sift through.

Seasons 1-10, with Season 6 being my favorite and has many good episodes.

This is what I've heard, too. Some of my buddies (who have watched the show more extensively than I have) say that the best stuff was from Season 1 through around Season 9 or 10.

I would agree with seasons 1-10. Season 1 is good but it's so different to the others. So keep that in mind. It's around season 4 when the show feels 'Simpsons-y'.

I would agree with seasons 1-10. Season 1 is good but it's so different to the others. So keep that in mind. It's around season 4 when the show feels 'Simpsons-y'.
Well, they were starting out back then so it took them a while to feel like what they are today.

My favorite character is Homer. It's just so funny when he says "D'oh!" Bart, Maggie and Marge are ok, but I prefer Homer. I prefer Season 2 or 6 ('1990 to 2005'). I loved the new Thanksgiving of Horror episode. I hope they make another Thanksgiving of Horror episode. Treehouse of Horror is the best. Treehouse of Horror is the best Halloween episode of an FOX show. I also can't believe that the first Simpsons episode is an Christmas episode. I just love the Simpsons so much.

I think this is the longest post I've ever made.

THE SIMPSONS FOX

My favorite character is Homer. It's just so funny when he says "D'oh!" Bart, Maggie and Marge are ok, but I prefer Homer. I prefer Season 2 or 6 ('1990 to 2005'). I loved the new Thanksgiving of Horror episode. I hope they make another Thanksgiving of Horror episode. Treehouse of Horror is the best. Treehouse of Horror is the best Halloween episode of an FOX show. I also can't believe that the first Simpsons episode is an Christmas episode. I just love the Simpsons so much.

I think this is the longest post I've ever made.

THE SIMPSONS FOX
Wow, you sure are a Simpsons fan!

I want to see the new Treehouse of Horror episode. Julia 'Ghoulia' Prescott wrote one of the stories. She's super funny. She's from the 'Everything's Coming Up Simpsons' / 'Round Springfield' podcasts.

So far, Season 32 is alright, with 2 good episodes, one OK episode and one bad episode.

I watched Treehouse of Horror, fucking football made it end at the third segment, which i heard from a certain user is great.

7 Beer Itch:

The episode failed as being a good episode, and I didn't really laugh. Lisa Simpson sounded off today, and WTF with the Burns coming out of the cake scene? Not a Good moment at all. They're also using a lot of CGI in this episode, but they overdid it with the kissing scene a bit. It's musical part of the episode was also handled badly, and I didn't like the songs. And Marge's sounds sounded more annoying than funny. The B plot was kinda ignored, and it's a shame really because that had promise. I do wish the ending was handled better, but I guess everyone's a winner but the people who hated it, like me. And it was all jumbled up with what happening, it needs to be more organised.

Onto the good now, and there's only one good thing about it: Guy Incognito is back.

My final rating is a 1/5. However, if I was allowed to use decimal grades, it would have to be a 0.5/5. I honestly think it was as bad as Every Man's Dream, but it isn't worser than it.

7 Beer Itch:

The episode failed as being a good episode, and I didn't really laugh. Lisa Simpson sounded off today, and WTF with the Burns coming out of the cake scene? Not a Good moment at all. They're also using a lot of CGI in this episode, but they overdid it with the kissing scene a bit. It's musical part of the episode was also handled badly, and I didn't like the songs. And Marge's sounds sounded more annoying than funny. The B plot was kinda ignored, and it's a shame really because that had promise. I do wish the ending was handled better, but I guess everyone's a winner but the people who hated it, like me. And it was all jumbled up with what happening, it needs to be more organised.

Onto the good now, and there's only one good thing about it: Guy Incognito is back.

My final rating is a 1/5. However, if I was allowed to use decimal grades, it would have to be a 0.5/5. I honestly think it was as bad as Every Man's Dream, but it isn't worser than it.
Did you notice that She Biscuit, whom the Simpsons adopted in The Way of the Dog, does not appear or even gets a mention when Homer says that "I left the dog and cat with Flanders!".

Last edited:
Podcast News:
800px-Podcast_News_promo_5.png

I had Very, Very high expectations going into this episode, hoping for at least a 4/5 at least, because of the guys making it, but the plot was the only worrying bit.

Billboard: None due to no intro
Blackboard: see above
Couch Gag: also see above

The episode starts off with a funny song about 2AM Ham, and how it rhymes. That was good. Soon, we veer off into the sub plot, where Lisa is listening to podcasts in the night. However, this is married with an even more degrading voice of Marge. It's not as bad as in the song in The 7 Beer Itch, but still it's bad to a point. After a while of Marge and Lisa talking (which I thought was good, as I said in the promo video), it however started to feel like Time Filler.

800px-Podcast_News_promo_2.png

Anyway, with Marge's voice starting to feel more on key, we headed to the Live Podcast. That scene, felt like it was lacking, as not a lot of time was really put into this, as we go to Kent Brookman, who's trying to at least track reviews, as he has nothing better to do, with his ratings on news dropping because of Podcasts. For the 1st time, we finally get to see Kent Brookman's extended family, including his Daughter, and his brothers, who prior to this episode, were non-existent. Still, we've not gone to the main plot, which is only just about to start.

Grampa receives yet another girlfriend, a plot device which we all know and love (hint, Old Money!). That lucky gal is none other than Vivienne St. Charmaine, an Olympic diver from an 80's soap opera. Sure, all of know what's gonna happen, right? As expected, she is found dead, after hanging out with Grampa, in which they had a drink, and went out on a boat ride. As there was only Abe there, he is quickly detained, and arrested. This then inspires Kent Brookman to start his own podcast, simply called "Guilty Grampa". In the podcast, he investigates the local residents of Springfield, including one which heard Abe said "Don't Abe...". Another guest star turns out to be our very own Yeardley Smith. This provides further information on which Grampa is slowly turned from some guy who didn't know who killed her, into some guy who thought killed her. The podcast meanwhile turns out to be an instant success, with many tuning in. At this point, on one gloomy night, the whole family is interested, and in an act of certainly, they all think that Grampa is Not Guilty, apart from Homer, who thinks he's capable of doing anything. That particular line got a laugh from me.

800px-Podcast_News_promo_8.jpg

Anyway, we're now at the jury, where Judge Snyder (voiced by Harry Shearer!) is back once again to try to put an end to this case, where Grampa, now Brainwashed by the whole "Guilty Grampa" podcast, admits the bombshell that he is guilty of killing her. Because of the murder punishments, Abe is sentenced to Life in Jail, meaning that all in all, Brookman's podcast succeeded, meaning he is more popular than he was before the podcast.

But is is over yet? It isn't. The Simpsons get a visit from Dr. Hibbert (who also happened to be the same voice actor as before!) who has some evidence that would blow the case apart altogether. It happens that inside their drinks, there was a tracker that tracked Abe and that woman that he was going out with. They could also see that the woman didn't die because of Grampa, because she swam all the way to Mexico. This basically means she Faked her own death, and that they needed to tell Kent Brookman that his podcast falsely convicted Abe. He does spread out the world that the podcast was a sham, disappointing many, if not all of his podcast fans. In the background, once again, we see many new characters, and some returning one-timers appear again. We end when Abe and that woman are finally reunited, however their relationship hits a rough patch, when it is revealed that Abe needs to pay her Insurance bill.

Now that we got the plot out of the way, I got to admit something.

I laughed only a bit, and the plot didn't really intrigued me as much as you guys were by it, and to say the least, it kinda disappointed me. I knew I shouldn't have high hopes, but to give it the benefit of the doubt, I'd say it could beat Undercover Burns, and it did. However, Treehouse and Carumbus felt better than this episode. I'm so-so with the characterisation in this, as no single person stood out for me.

My final grade for this episode is a 3/5. Overall, if this was a 4/5, I would be happy, but a 3/5 is a disappointment in my eyes.

Podcast News:
800px-Podcast_News_promo_5.png

I had Very, Very high expectations going into this episode, hoping for at least a 4/5 at least, because of the guys making it, but the plot was the only worrying bit.

Billboard: None due to no intro
Blackboard: see above
Couch Gag: also see above

The episode starts off with a funny song about 2AM Ham, and how it rhymes. That was good. Soon, we veer off into the sub plot, where Lisa is listening to podcasts in the night. However, this is married with an even more degrading voice of Marge. It's not as bad as in the song in The 7 Beer Itch, but still it's bad to a point. After a while of Marge and Lisa talking (which I thought was good, as I said in the promo video), it however started to feel like Time Filler.

800px-Podcast_News_promo_2.png

Anyway, with Marge's voice starting to feel more on key, we headed to the Live Podcast. That scene, felt like it was lacking, as not a lot of time was really put into this, as we go to Kent Brookman, who's trying to at least track reviews, as he has nothing better to do, with his ratings on news dropping because of Podcasts. For the 1st time, we finally get to see Kent Brookman's extended family, including his Daughter, and his brothers, who prior to this episode, were non-existent. Still, we've not gone to the main plot, which is only just about to start.

Grampa receives yet another girlfriend, a plot device which we all know and love (hint, Old Money!). That lucky gal is none other than Vivienne St. Charmaine, an Olympic diver from an 80's soap opera. Sure, all of know what's gonna happen, right? As expected, she is found dead, after hanging out with Grampa, in which they had a drink, and went out on a boat ride. As there was only Abe there, he is quickly detained, and arrested. This then inspires Kent Brookman to start his own podcast, simply called "Guilty Grampa". In the podcast, he investigates the local residents of Springfield, including one which heard Abe said "Don't Abe...". Another guest star turns out to be our very own Yeardley Smith. This provides further information on which Grampa is slowly turned from some guy who didn't know who killed her, into some guy who thought killed her. The podcast meanwhile turns out to be an instant success, with many tuning in. At this point, on one gloomy night, the whole family is interested, and in an act of certainly, they all think that Grampa is Not Guilty, apart from Homer, who thinks he's capable of doing anything. That particular line got a laugh from me.

800px-Podcast_News_promo_8.jpg

Anyway, we're now at the jury, where Judge Snyder (voiced by Harry Shearer!) is back once again to try to put an end to this case, where Grampa, now Brainwashed by the whole "Guilty Grampa" podcast, admits the bombshell that he is guilty of killing her. Because of the murder punishments, Abe is sentenced to Life in Jail, meaning that all in all, Brookman's podcast succeeded, meaning he is more popular than he was before the podcast.

But is is over yet? It isn't. The Simpsons get a visit from Dr. Hibbert (who also happened to be the same voice actor as before!) who has some evidence that would blow the case apart altogether. It happens that inside their drinks, there was a tracker that tracked Abe and that woman that he was going out with. They could also see that the woman didn't die because of Grampa, because she swam all the way to Mexico. This basically means she Faked her own death, and that they needed to tell Kent Brookman that his podcast falsely convicted Abe. He does spread out the world that the podcast was a sham, disappointing many, if not all of his podcast fans. In the background, once again, we see many new characters, and some returning one-timers appear again. We end when Abe and that woman are finally reunited, however their relationship hits a rough patch, when it is revealed that Abe needs to pay her Insurance bill.

Now that we got the plot out of the way, I got to admit something.

I laughed only a bit, and the plot didn't really intrigued me as much as you guys were by it, and to say the least, it kinda disappointed me. I knew I shouldn't have high hopes, but to give it the benefit of the doubt, I'd say it could beat Undercover Burns, and it did. However, Treehouse and Carumbus felt better than this episode. I'm so-so with the characterisation in this, as no single person stood out for me.

My final grade for this episode is a 3/5. Overall, if this was a 4/5, I would be happy, but a 3/5 is a disappointment in my eyes.
Not gonna lie, when Grampa says their getting a couple's colonoscopy, I fucking died laughing.
But yes this was a good episode.

Spoilers here, my notes and observations for Three Dreams Denied.

When viewing the 1st act, There were a few things I must notice, one of them is continuity. Bart didn't knew that Homer was Poochie, or that real people voiced them. I mean, He doesn't even know Dad was Poochie? I'm not normally a guy who rants about things like this but there's one bad error there. They basically took away the best part of the episode, and pretended it never existed? All right, that's a point off it's total right there. Just a big, glaring issue there. Also, They also changed the voice actor for Itchy, which just adds on to the pain.

We then go to the Comic Con, where at the sign, you can see Another Baby Yoda joke. Guys, that joke wasn't really funny at all. Please stop doing them. Oh, wait, it's another of Disney's plugs, trying to advertise shows and internet memes on The Simpsons again.

So, CBG's dream is to basically to write the greatest panel question? I mean, the episode is bad already but in all fairness this plot has now gone from bad to just plain stupid. WHY is that even a dream? There are other ways that he can get into Marvel, he could become an actor again, like Everyman. God I wish this was over and done now.

Milhouse is back to his creepy stalkerish self with Lisa, no real surprise here, so far, the Lisa plot hasn't been good, now all we wait for now is for Bart's plot, which has still not kicked into gear yet! For the love of god, get the pacing back on and stop focusing on the stupid CBG story.

Blake is actually an evil guy with red eyes. I did not see that coming, but I would've still prefer that he was a robot, some more reasoning will be explained at the end of the review.

Kinda predictable with CBG losing his question, this stil doesn't make me like the story, in fact, it makes me hate it even more! This story is defiantly a 0/5 in my books, I haven't seem such a train wreak in ages!

Lisa subplot seems like a bad rehash of Lisa's Rival, which also reminds me that Allison got another cameo, no more surprises here. Anyway, once again, Lisa loses a girlfriend, I've basically written off this episode now, it cannot redeem itself for me anymore, and we still not into the Bart as the Voice Actor.

Bart doesn't get hired until the middle of the 2nd plot, which is itself poor and shows once again that they can't time the episode timings right.

Bart voices a girl? Looks like he's hating doing what he was trying to do in Bart vs Itchy And Scratchy, for supporting Female rights. I do get this though, because we can't forget that Bart is voiced by a female, so at least there is some reasoning beneath this, unlike the other 2 plots.

And what do you know? After 2 plots, I am still not laughing a lot. Talk about bland episodes, this is one that can go on the pile of not good HD Simpsons episodes. I'm sorry, but I'm not enjoying the current batch of episodes we've had. If the next 2 episodes are big disappointments, then I may not bother tuning into the Christmas episode. However, as it is the 2 episodes I was mostly looking forward to from this bunch, I really doubt this will happen.

WHAT? Lisa is now all for Bart working and following Feminism? She was so against him supporting Feminism in Bart vs Itchy And Scratchy, I don't get it now. Why do they have to change opinions every 2 seasons? However, at least Lisa is not a total Jerkass here. I admire her here.

When seeing the part when the Princess kills many people, I thought "Now that is truly kickass, with the princess". A great unexpected twist there, I think this is easily the best thing in this episode, as it is the ONLY good thing today. If there's one reason on why I would watch this episode again, then this is it. No other reason.

Eh, didn't really care for the ending with Lisa playing for free, I didn't really feel any emotion, as maybe the episode was already too much for me to care about.

Anyway, why did the kid have Red Eyes? It was never explained, and we want an answer! Now he's just basically gonna go away forever, and we will never see him, and we'll never get an answer to this question, which means his red eyes make no sense to me at all! In all fairness, a better ending is that he was a robot all along, that would basically make more sense.

Overall, It was a mess of continuity all the way through, in yet another gagless episode, and yet, despite not looking forward to it, I was still disappointed at the final result. At least it's not as disappointing as Mega-Lo 2. As for it's ranking with the other episodes, It's not as bad as The 7 Beer Itch, but all other episodes that aired this season were better.

My final grade is a very low 1.5/5.

Sorry for the long rant about the episode.

Back