How many of you have the Nintendo 64

Mario#

Goomba
The Nintendo 64 came out September 26,1996 and discontinued April 30,2002. My friend probably has one at his dad's house and my half brother and sister's dad had one. If I had one my favorite games would be super Mario 64 and Mario kart 64. How many of you have Or used to have a Nintendo 64 and what 's your favorite game on it and what's your story of you and your nintendo 64 who gave it to you,when did you get,and how did you get it. If you don't have a Nintendo 64 do any of your brothers and sisters have a Nintendo 64 and what's their favorite game on the Nintendo 64 and what's their story of them and their Nintendo 64.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have an N64. We only owned it for a little bit before we got rid of it.

I don't have a nintendo 64 but I do play some of its games through various re-releases such as the Wii U Virtual Console. My favourite is Paper Mario 64.

Might want to edit out your friend's full name. :/

I've got three.
- Grey console. Twin controller pack for Christmas 1998. Sister got Super Mario 64, I got Mario Kart 64, and my brother got Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire.
- Green Jungle. We thought our original one was busted (ended up just being the AV cables) so brother and I bought this one. It was cheap because the GC was now out and this was the last one in the store.
- Ice Blue. Japanese. Bought it when I was in Japan in 2018.

The grey and green consoles are still at my parents' house. I have the blue one here.

Favourite games for it:
- Banjo Kazooie + Tooie
- Conker's Bad Fur Day
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - though I first played this on Wii. Didn't have a cart until I got one for my Japanese console.
- Lylat Wars / Star Fox 64
- Mario Kart 64
- Paper Mario
- Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2
- Super Mario 64

I had it as a kid. Didn't like it as much as my SNES or PS1, the snes having smoother graphics, and the ps1 having better games, and both having better controllers. The N64 controller is the worst of all console controllers imo, even more-so than the xbox controller.

But, it did have some good games. My favorite N64 Mario game is a 3-way tie between Paper Mario, Yoshi Story, and MP3.
Paper Mario because it gave me a slice-of-life look at the Marioverse. Yoshi Story because it was 2d explorative, and MP3 because it had good minigames and a battle mode with a partner system.
I feel the need to also give a nod to Dr.Mario 64 for having a story mode with Wario as the bad guy, I thought that was really funny as a kid.

I never cared much for SM64,
I felt it paled in comparison to SNES Mario Platformers, and any other 3D Platformer (eg. DK64, Spyro).
Mostly because when I think "Mario platformer" I expect it to have the SMB/W flow, where every few step leads to a new obstacle to overcome. But SM64 didn't have that, a lot of it was just running around without much need of jumping.
Growing up whenever I told people this, they'd respond "3d GaMeS cAnT bE LiKe ThAt". Well, jokes on them, 3D Land/World proved them wrong.

Non-mario n64 games I loved were:
All the Pokemon games, especially Hey You Pikachu and Stadium 2.
Then there's Kirby 64, DK 64, the Banjo games, and one Bomberman game that idk the title of.

Last edited:
N64 had Super Smash Bros., Diddy Kong Racing, Beetle Adventure Racing, Mario Party 1-3, Kirby 64, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, and Paper Mario which I all liked and played. Other games my brother owned and played was Goldeneye, Gex 64, Star Fox 64, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Super Mario 64.

Mario Kart 64 is easily my least favorite game that we owned on it because of the other two far superior racers that were more worth playing than it.

I have a friend that has one and I played it. He has Mario 64, Castlevania 64 (it's a shocker because I think Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness are much better games than that and Legacy of Darkness), Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, and a bunch of sports titles, a few Star Wars games.

The big problem though is that it freezes every 30 minutes.

My parents gave me my Nintendo 64 when I was around 3 or 4 years old. I think it was given to me as a Christmas gift. The N64 itself is green, and I initially had two controllers (one green and one red); eventually, I bought two more controllers (one black, one gray) because my friends like to play the older Mario Party and Mario Kart games at parties.

My "first wave" of N64 games were those that my parents bought me and my sisters during the system's life cycle:
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Elmo's Letter Adventure
  • Elmo's Number Journey
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Mario Party 2
  • Mario Party 3
  • Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness
  • Paper Mario
  • Super Mario 64
  • Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue

Years later, I attended several conventions that sold N64 games on the cheap. That started my "second wave" of N64 games, which I purchased beyond 2010:
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • GoldenEye 007
  • Killer Instinct Gold
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Mario Golf
  • Mario Tennis
  • Perfect Dark
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Turok: Rage Wars
  • Yoshi's Story

Out of all of those, my favorites are probably Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and the Banjo games (although I pretty much enjoy all of the games in my collection). That being said, it is still my go-to system when I have my buddies over. 😎

Back