How many of you have a PlayStation 2

Mario#

Goomba
The playstation 2 came out October 26,2000 and discontinued January 4,2013. 155.0 million units of playstation 2s were sold as of March 31,2013. How many of you have a PlayStation 2 and what's your favorite game on the PlayStation 2 And what's your story of you and your playstation 2. How did you get it and who gave it too you. If you don't have one do any of your brothers or sisters have one and what's their favorite game on it. My friend has a playstation 2 at his dad's house his favorite game on the PlayStation 2 is grand theft auto: San andreas. My friend's younger brother has one in his room.

Last edited by a moderator:
No PS2 here. If I had a PS2, my favorite game on the PS2 would be the first game I played on the PS2 because I don't have a PS2. If I had a PS2, my story of it would probably start with buying a PS2. Then I would play on it for maybe about a week before I would completely reject it because the next Nintendo console would come out, leaving it in my basement collecting dust while I play other things, eventually bringing it out again a few years later just for fun, before selling it to GameStop for $30. Then I would write a run-on sentence on Mario Boards about it.

Yeah.

My older brother owned a PS2 and played a variety of games on it (and it's still patiently sitting in my house today). Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Metal Gear Solid 2, Persona 3 and 4, Dynasty Warriors 4, Dark Cloud, and Devil May Cry were the ones I remember him playing, though I don't know which would be a favorite of his. If I had to play a game from the PS2 today that he owned, probably Rayman Revolution.

My family used to have a PS2. A few years after we got our Wii in 2010 though, my eldest sister toke ownership of it. Now it's at her place. I wouldn't play any games on it if I had the chance to do so.

As a kid I was legit terrified of that red screen of hell that would appear when a disk did not work

No PS2

Nope, never. Boyfriend has one though. Only games I've played have been ones that were re-released for PS3 / 4 / Vita.

Jak series, Persona 4 and Ico are my favourites. Need to check out Dark Cloud and Ratchet series.

Not the PS2 but I had the PS1 and loved it dearly.

Forget Pokemon Stadium, when you got Digimon Card Battle & Digimon World 3!
Forget Sm64 when you got the Spyro Trilogy and 40 Winks!
Forget Pokemon Puzzle League when you got Puzzle Bobble 4!
And Forget Mk64 when you got Cool Boarders 4! (Don't bother asking how or why those should be compared beyond being racing games because idk)

Actually I did play Lego Star Wars on it at a museum and I won't deny it was a blast. PS4 has the better controller though.

I used to have one for a short time in 2014 but I had to sell it quickly because it gave input lag. I however did play the PS2 at my cousin's house in 2015 in India. I was considering buying an old fat PS3 that can play PS2 games at one point.

I had the PS1 as my first console which is pretty neat.

I got it after my high school graduation. We had Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Tekken 5 (I played both of them), Kingdom Hearts, and Ratchet & Clank. I wish I also owned and played Ape Escape 2, Ape Escape 3, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4.

I still got my old PS2 Slim somewhere, but I literally haven't used it in nearly 10 years. Damn thing stopped reading discs half the time and half the buttons on both my controllers stopped working too.

Damn shame too, probably one of the best, if not the best, systems ever made. Right up there with the Nintendo DS and Super Nintendo.

I have had 2: The first one, when I brought it didn't work, so I ended up getting the same model (in a different color). Still play it semi-regularly to this date.

I had one but only because of peer pressure "you're too old for nintendo, grow up!". I was 12.
Didn't really do much of anything with it, bought like 4 games that went mostly ignored as I continued to play the Gamecube.

Nah, but I did have cousins years ago who had PS2s and it was awesome. I experienced the Ratchet and Clank series, (especially the multiplayer in Up Your Arsenal), the Sly Cooper series, the Jak and Daxter series, Tekken Tag Tournament, Budokai 3 and the Tenkaichi trilogy, (although I played 2 & 3 on Wii), and the Kingdom Heart series (But that was mostly just me watching). There are more games, but those are the main ones. It also was a convenient DVD player when needed as well. I was planning to get a PS2 and start collecting games, but these days its much easier to just use PCSX2.

Back