Who Do You Want In Smash With A Twist.

Bob Craples

went out for milk
Pronouns
He/Him
You can chose five of the following. The rest will never be in a Smash game ever again. The ones you pick will be in Smash no mater what.

1. Waluigi
2. Ashley
3. Fawful
4. Lara Croft
5. Geno
6. Shauntae
7. Shrek
8. Goku
9. Shadow
10. Metal Sonic
11. Tails
12. Knuckles
13. Isaac
14. Paper Mario
15. Crash
16. Dry Bowser
17. Ricky & Tyler (the cute mario bros.)
18. Reggie
19. Bandana Waddle Dee
20. Minecraft Steve
21. A Boy & His Blob

Last edited:
Bruh where's Minecraft Steve
Of the ones here though:
Bandanna Dee
Paper Mario
Reggie
Tails
Isaac (know nothing about Golden Sun but he was widely requested before being deconfirmed so why not)

I have provided my thoughts on each character below. The five that I would choose are in bold.
Waluigi: Yes yes yes yes YESSSS!
Ashley: We need more WarioWare reps and we need them now, GDI!
Fawful: One of the best Mario villains to ever exist becomes playable in Smash? SIGN. ME. UP.
Lara Croft: Meh. Never really cared much for Tomb Raider.
Geno: His performance in both of SiIvaGunner's King for a Day Tournaments pretty much sums up why I don't think he'd be a good fit for Smash.
Shantae: Probably one of the better third-party characters, but she's still middle of the road to me.
Shrek: I think he'd be best for a DreamWorks fighting game, mostly because he'd definitely cramp Wario's style.
Goku: For one thing, Dragon Ball fighting games already exist. For another, wouldn't this open up another can of worms regarding characters from print and televised media?
Shadow the Hedgehog: Only if he has an original moveset and is not an Echo Fighter.
Metal Sonic: Nah.
Miles "Tails" Prower: The Sonic character I would most want in Smash. Now the only question is, will he use his inventions to fight?
Knuckles the Echidna: My second choice for a Sonic character.
Isaac: Maybe he could, if they make a new Golden Sun game...
Paper Mario: Can't say I don't want him, but there are still better characters out there.
Crash: See Lara Croft.
Dry Bowser: A hard no from me. He just reeks of an Echo Fighter.
Ricky & Tyler: Never heard of them.
Reggie: If you mean Reggie Fils-Aimé, then sure, my body would be ready. But technically, I can play as him as a Mii Fighter.
Bandana Waddle Dee: Even though my desire for him to be in Smash might not be as ardent as YFJ's, I can certainly say "Sure, why not?" Also because I can't think of any other fighters that wield a spear.

I see no Ephraim

Well at least Bandana Dee's there I guess

Waluigi, Lara Croft, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Crash.

Lara Croft is a highly iconic and recognizable video game character who I think makes the most sense out of the other third parties (which are mostly Sonic and non video game characters).

Waluigi, Bandanna Dee, and Isaac are highly requested characters. Bandanna Dee and Isaac have the edge over Waluigi as Kirby can benefit from a fourth rep, but I like Isaac the most because he's from an unrepped first party series, a really good series of JRPGs that I think should be recognized as more than a spirit. Funny, both Waluigi and Isaac are from the Camelot studio.

Crash, just for being the odd choice and being just better than the others. I'd like Paper Mario a lot, but between two Mario reps, Waluigi and Paper Mario, Waluigi wins out and I don't want yet another Mario rep. Paper Mario can still be a modded character over something like Olimar, so it's not a huge loss.

- Crash Bandicoot because I grew up with the games and I think he's pretty iconic, is one of my two most wanted sort of maybe feasible characters right now
- Lara Croft because she's ALSO a gaming legend and I've become a sucker for adding more and more iconic games to the battle
- Isaac because similiarly I'm generally in favor of adding more Nintendo franchises to the roster and I've always considered Golden Sun to be a solid choice
- Waluigi and Bandana Dee because while for some reason or other I'm not actively pushing for them, they are probably two of the most important Nintendo characters not yet playable and I like both of them anyway

honorable mentions to Shantae and Ashley; would likely enjoy both but sacrifices have to be made
e: I missed that Steve got added so I'll give him an honorable mention for being another major third party name but I've just never cared for him so rip

Last edited:
AST denotes that the character is already an Assist Trophy, Spirit, and/or cameo appearance, greatly reducing their chances of making it in.
Bold indicates that I want the character.
Italics indicates "meh".

Waluigi: I honestly don't care. If he gets in, cool. But I'm not going to vote for him. (AST)
Ashley: Same. (AST)
Fawful: This is sort of just a character people want for memes. Same as the previous characters. (AST)
Lara Croft: I actually haven't played TR, but sure, she's an iconic character who could make for some good gameplay.
Geno: Meh. (AST)
Shantae: Same as Lara Croft. (AST)
Shrek: OH MY GOSH, PLEASE NO
Goku: no comment
Shadow: Too similar to Sonic. (AST)
Metal Sonic: Same. (AST)
Tails: Sure, put him in. (AST)
Knuckles: I want to say "just put him in with Tails", but I have to save slots. Would love it, though. (AST)
Isaac: As a second-party universe, GS should get more recognition. (I actually haven't played it, though.) (AST)
Paper Mario: Honorable mention. He deserves it. (AST)
Crash: Same.
Dry Bowser: Meh.
Ricky & Tyler: Barely notable enough.
Reggie: Oh, I wish. I wish.
Bandanna Waddle Dee: IMO not notable enough, though it's OK if some of you disagree.
Minecraft Steve: Notable enough, although his mechanics would be pretty complex.

Sorry if I offended anyone by saying "meh" to your favorite characters. If I had a choice, I would just say, "Put 'em all in for fun." (Except for Shrek. Please no.)

I definitely don't want Fawful or Waluigi for memes. I think they are genuinely entertaining characters. Waluigi has been a prominent part of many Mario games over the years, even if not main series ones, and believe it or not, he has a passionate fanbase even discounting the memes. Fawful is an acclaimed recurring character from the M&L series, while I don't think he has any chance anymore this time around I think considering the very uncertain future of the beloved M&L series, adding the most popular original character from that isn't a bad idea, especially as a final thank you to AlphaDream.

Oh, yeah, but I just wanted other characters more. Again, if I could just have all of them in, I would.

I mean I wouldn't be salty about a character I don't want getting in. In the end it's just, well, more content.

But at this point really I don't really care who gets in or not. I just don't expect the likes of Waluigi or something now.

I do agree though that it's a shame Isaac was brought back an assist trophy. Part of me, the part that was rooting for his fanbase kinda died in that direct, but then I also saw Black Knight, so I was rejuvenated.

Well, I was talking about saving slots for other characters on the list...

But if I could choose anyone, I would say A Boy and his Blob (look it up). That series isn't represented nearly enough in much of anything, despite being fairly popular back in the NES days.

Waluigi: He's a punching bag.

Lara Croft: She's an iconic and influential character who certainly should be in Smash. Many people, even non-gamers, can recognize her, so I see her as a no-brainer.

Knuckles: He would have a fun moveset with punching moves, gliding, and digging, that's all.

Goku: Just to see the internet explode.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Logical choice for another Kirby rep.

Ashley : She already got her song in, so it only make sense

Shantae : a nintendo icon that shouldn't go ignored

Tails: He'd be interesting counterpart to Koopalings, I'd make him able to dissemble/reassemble his vehicle though so player can choose to play as classic tails or adventure tails.

Paper Mario: As much I really find it unnecessary to have more Mario characters, I think he'd make for an interesting spin. I'm imagining all his B moves would be performed by his partners, and A moves would be his paper/hammer abilities.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Based on this list he seems like the next logical step, although I don't know anything about him other than being from kirby.

Waluigi: it's his job to be down on his luck, so he shall remain an assist of an old smash game and wallow in it.

Fawful: I ABSOLUTELY WANT FAWFUL in ALL Mario Spin Off Games, but I'd rather the smash roster be filled with more canon characters

Lara Croft: I like her games, a little weary of her fanbase.

Geno: A small yet loud cult following of SMRPG continues to want him in, but I just don't see the appeal.

Shrek: too op

Goku: too weak

Shadow: Might as well be a sonic skin

Metal sonic: sonic skin

Knuckles: little mac skin

Isaac: idk him

Crash: should be in PSAS

Dry Bowser: Charizard skin

Ricky & Tyler : Counter-offer, Baby Luigi and LeftyGreenMario

Reggie: Should be reserved as final boss

Minecraft Steve: PSAS even though he's microsoft

A Boy & His Blob: counter-offer, Super Putty & his Battletoads

honsetly im not picking any of them because i dont really feel strongly about most of them and i think itd be unfair to just kill everyones elses chances
sure this is a boring answer but

I went through the list the list carefully selected the characters that I couldn't live without:
Metal Sonic: robot cool
Steve: It's Minecraft

Besides that also add Lara because she's iconic, and Crash because why not. That leaves one slot which will be given to Hornet from Daytona USA.

So no one knows Ricky & Tyler? From the cute Mario bros Youtube channel?

I didn't before I looked it up. But I still have to say no on that one.
(BTW, now that A Boy and his Blob's added, I'll replace Lara Croft with them)

This actually looks really dope.

Thanks. That was very cool.

Back