Best Lines in Video Games

SUDDEN ECHO ECHO ECHO

this guy's acting and annoyance level is simply legendary

Nothing like a giant squid using it's tentacles as hand puppets before trying to kill you.

Have you ever sat on a piece of Gothic Architecture for 200 years? Gets right up your arse, you know.

Throw the alien out and shut the bloody door.

You're not very good at this, are you?

Where is "What is a man" from and why would it be a remarkable quote?
It's from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

The full line is actually, 'What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.' and people like it because, well, it's kind of ridiculous sounding, especially when paired with the voice acting, since this was 1997 and it was still the early days of video games and voice acting, relatively speaking.

(The line actually predates the game by several decades tho, which I didn't know until recently)

globox in rayman 3 like.. in general
heres a good example. note hes talking to the final boss during the final boss fight.. and is also talking about the games other main villain whos only been a bully the entire time. yea this is weird!
image.png

also scolds him in an earlier section of the final world (pretty sure andre cant hear him though!!! too far away!)
image.png

he also does this in hoodlum headquarters. Yea this game is weird!
"Rayman, over here, quick, untie me! All the blood is rushing to my head...feels...weird...I'm starting to feel more intelligent...HELP!"
"Dear Player, it might surprise you to learn that yours truly is composed of eight hundred and sixteen polygons. Given that the garden-variety glute only contains THREE hundred and eighteen polygons, you can PLAINLY see why I'm on the cutting edge of 3D technology."'
i could just keep infodumping but ok so basically yea. super quotable
image.png

i can't believe he's voiced by john leguizamo

Reactions: zel
Replaying through Coded Arms Contagion and I had completely forgotten about this masterful exchange

1585087216808.png

Last edited:

I'm here to kill Chaos. That's my mission.

Looks like Chaos has been waiting for us.

You gonna make us go in there and FIND YOU!?

Gess we'll just show ourselves in.

I ONLy know what thing......I want to kill............chaos. We NEED to. It's not a hope.. or A DREAM. it's like a hunger...............or thirst..........

(end of trailer)

Nooooo.....I've become CHAOS

sunshine has the best ones ok i cant ever get over stuff like
People who jump in this river go PLOOSH! And sometimes PLISH!
I know, because I've been standing here watching all day long.
also shoutouts to that one time in ep 8 of bianco hills (both of these r from there) you talk to a pianta and she randomly just infodumps to you about a move and then tells you she has no idea how she knows ths
"This may be a bit sudden, but listen and listen good!
Let's say you find yourself hanging from a rope...
Shoot just a little water, and you'll start to swing, right?
Well, if you have good timing, and you do that several times...
...you'll start spinning around the rope. I swear, it's true!
Then, if you let loose with a full stream of water...
...you'll gain crazy momentum, which you can use to jump!
Yeah! That's what i like to call the Super Whirl Jump!
You can go amazingly far with it. Truly. It's incredible!
Don't ask me why I know this. I don't really know myself..."
i feel like theres too much great npc dialogue to list off and im sure ive rambled about it before somewhere LMAO

mario rabbids (I MEAN KINGDOM BATTLE OH MY HABIT) has a lot. mostly from beepo because ppl dont tend to talk much otherwise
2021061019135300-c.jpg
2021061219175300-c.jpg

Bowser Jr.! It was YOU that sent us those messages asking us to collect the Relics of Goodness...
so we could unlock the Moon Gate to find Mr. Tom Phan, wasn't it?
I knew it all along!
Er... well, I suspected.
Okay, I just figured it out in the last thirty seconds.
(he spends this whole dialogue bit in his angry face, and this is also after spending the entirety of spooky trails falling for bowser jrs messages)

" You've done the impossible! You went bankrupt. "

"Let me show you my real power." -Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure 2

IT'S NO USE! TAKE THIS!
Silver, Sonic 06

Back