What's this thing? (Super Mario Advance)

Koopa con Carne

call me Hot Lips, 'cause i'm a one-shot wonder
MarioWiki
Koopa con Carne
It's been long since I last played Super Mario Advance, but something from that game has been burned into my mind ever since then for being so... uuhhh... mysterious?

I'm talking about a blue spear head-like thing that stays in one place and shakes up and down. There are two in the game, both found in vases, one of which appears in World 5-2.

https://youtu.be/6v1OPjFZsQU?t=2m53s

The player in the video doesn't interact with the thing directly, but I know for a fact that it hurts you when you touch it. As you can see, you also can't destroy it with vegetables.

Since it technically counts as an enemy, I want to create a page for it on the wiki, but not before I discuss with you what it could be. I always thought it's an engine that powers up the nearby ferris wheel, and it's overheated, hence why you can't touch it. What's your guess?

I don't even remember this thing but what the hell exactly is this? It reminds me of the triangular egg beige things from Spore's creature stage, that @ZelenPixel might know what I'm referring to.

ican confirm i have no idea what blof is referring to except perhaps cocoons
anyway it just looks like a weird spike/saw thing to me i really have no idea what it could be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CseSH5ER11o To quote a commenter, "I actually did some research about it and it turns out to be a glitched tile. Look at any other vase with the same ferris wheel and you will see a cog that shares the same colour as that thing." They didn't provide any proof, but I assume that they mean that in other vases the object is replaced with a blue cog that acts the same way. Is this true?

ican confirm i have no idea what blof is referring to except perhaps cocoons

I think they're coccoons yes. Like you encounter them in a nest sometimes, and you can sometimes see creatures hatch out of them if you wait long enough.

Back