New forum check-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh

I also think the stars system is done away with. Unless Steve is fine with bringing them back.

i dont know if this was reported yet directly but apparently you cant make posts with more than 20 images (source uniju)

Well gray bars appeared on the left and right. I think it contrasts better, yeah.

I'm liking stuff so far, good layout, if it takes some getting used to.

Pet peeves so far:
  • Posts per page setting missing, locked to 20
  • No option to change date and time format, locked to 'murican
  • Can't ignore boards
  • Can't use URL-linked avatars other than Gravatar
Any chance there are solutions to these?

Well gray bars appeared on the left and right. I think it contrasts better, yeah.
There's a "Change width" button in the footer to make the layout cover more screen.

Yeah my avatar does not translate nicely into circular.

I do think circular avatars in some cases look nice but honestly you can just, idk, edit the cropped circles in if you want it. Or have it toggeable.

the option for slightly larger avatar display pics would be neat too, such as a tall rectangle

Heyo, I'm Luigi 64DD, as you can see. I low-key like that display names are gone because now I can tell who everyone is much more easily.

Anyway, I'm liking this new system so far. Getting notified of likes and the like tally is a feature I'm glad to see, along with the Follow feature. I'm touched that a bunch of people added me to their buddy list with the old software and I didn't know it (though I guess they could have actually put me on their ignore list, but that's very unlikely for most of them). In any case, this Follow feature is much more useful than the old buddy list. One thing that I do hope gets re-added is support for rotating avatars with websites other than Gravatar, as LTQ mentioned above (at least the avatar it arbitrarily took from my rotating avatar is a good one!).

I also have no clue how the heck I got a bunch of "Followers" I thought that buddy/ignore system was rarely used.

It's pretty awkward that the ignore system also got merged with followers though.

I'm testing the ignore functionality on my twin and while the "ignored" post still shows up on the feed for the forums, her posts actually don't show up at all, unlike previously, where it's just collapsed.

Hrm, I think I discovered a problem: it doesn't seem like you can resize images, or at least not with BBCode. It seems like any images that I had resized with BBCode on the old software have now reverted to their normal size. This messed up my sig since the image is so big the text under it is cut off.

M. C. here; it's been a while since I've done posting on these boards on a frequent basis. But I'll get used to this different forum software soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back