Mario Kart Tour and Dr. Mario World gacha disscusion

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
To prevent it from being the only thing talked about in the main topic, as well to cover any new things added to it, I made this topic.

Let me my problems out of the way, even if the game does have a lot of great characters and parts, if the game doesn't do well, as well as the reality that the thing can't go on forever, I feel like it will meet the same fate of Sonic Runners, here's a video that goes over that:

What really bothers me is the duplicates system, I must admit, I am not too knowledgeable about how gacha randomizers work, but any advantage from getting them you can get for free just by playing the game, even if the game turns out to be super generous, you will get a lot of thing you already have, it reminds me of Dragalia Lost, the game loves giving players free stuff, but after summoning so many adventures, you get duplicates and what is basically a pitty present, it's not fun.

But regardless, this might be the first Mario Kart game where I am happy for varients, if I can get Wario in his biker suit, you know I am going to main him, heck yeah

Re: Mario Kart Tour gacha disscusion

In order to discuss Mario Kart Tour's gacha system, I do like to examine what I hopefully think Mario Kart Tour avoids and what are good examples of mobile free to play games. It is a free game to play, so some of the money begging stuff is reasonable, but there are also some stuff I don't like in the game.

For example, the game is saddled with lots of timers that prevent you from playing cups. I've seen them be 2 hours long, later ones being 5 hours long. Playing games only to make you not play them is dumb and they might want you to part with money to make the timers disappear. That's the sort of scheme this gacha system wants, people getting instant gratification is a good thing to hook line and sinker into.

And out with the bloody multiple currencies and randomized loot. We don't need coins, emeralds, and hearts. It's so convoluted, I don't quite remember what each of them does. All I know is that emeralds are the premium currency (what is this, fucking Sonic) and are probably the most valued things you need the most. I also look forward to the game not giving me a playable Baby Luigi when I most want him despite being the playable common character, as well as not giving my favorite parts, just watch. The hearts compound this problem by acting like your typical energy meter in that you can't play once that is depleted. Which is another timer, oh joy.

Here's some more articles that talk about these in more detail than me, maybe they can clarify things I can't.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/05/mario-kart-tour-beta-hands-on-microtransactions-land-like-a-nasty-blue-shell/

https://kotaku.com/mario-kart-tour-is-pretty-good-when-it-s-not-nickel-and-1834948363

I hold the opinion that Team Kirby Clash Deluxe is one of the only free-to-play games I know of that actually gets the payment model right. Why doesn't Nintendo just use that as an example?

It doesn't make as much money, that's why.

It's rubbish.

Princess Mario said:
Sure about that, though? Put a hard limit on how much you can spend, and provide a reward for reaching it, and there are going to be more people spending money. Or at least, I would think so.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Princess Mario said:
Sure about that, though? Put a hard limit on how much you can spend, and provide a reward for reaching it, and there are going to be more people spending money. Or at least, I would think so.

i'll repost this picture

fire-emblem-heroes-revenue-400-million.jpg

they're going to want to follow fire emblem heroes's success, certainly

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Princess Mario said:
Why even have a limit when there are always going to be people who have impulse control problems including kids ready to be relentlessly exploited?

Ray Trace said:
All I know is that emeralds are the premium currency (what is this, fucking Sonic)
its minecraft mario kart tour is actually run by villagers
anyway the whole energy system put me off no thanks

It is Mario Kart but with all the free to play bullshit.

Alex95 said:
Does this mean we're getting seasonal variants?
bridal bowser or riot

Candy Heart said:
I'd be mad if all the Yoshi and Shy Guy colors are separate
It's a gacha game, I'd be surprised if they didn't make them separate characters (maybe even limited time).

So, if we get collabs, what do you want to see? I want to see Mario team up with Babymetal again, with Bowser wearing a fan club t-shirt

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Candy Heart said:
It's a gacha game, I'd be surprised if they didn't make them separate characters (maybe even limited time).
My wallet is ready for ssr #00F8FF Yoshi

it will be way better than common #7EB547 Yoshi trash

Sakura Matou said:
Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Candy Heart said:

Speak English

Candy Heart said:
So, if we get collabs, what do you want to see? I want to see Mario team up with Babymetal again, with Bowser wearing a fan club t-shirt
.....there was a mario X babymetal collab?????

Striker Luigi said:
Sakura Matou said:
Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Candy Heart said:

Speak English

he wants cyan yoshi and he's racist against vomit-green yoshis

If the gacha mechanic does turn out to be trash, I can't wait for Jim Sterling to tear it a new one

i hate gacha

Back