Which "enemy" is the least enemy-like?

BBQ Turtle said:
I'd personally agree with the Wigglers not being very enemy-like, and from what I know I'd also say the dolphins as well- I don't believe they actively attempt to hurt Mario and they just seem a little too cute and happy to be a real enemy.

I don't think the dolphins are considered enemies at all; they don't cause Mario to take damage on contact and in some levels of Super Mario World they act as platforms, so they're more helpful than anything else. Bumpties (those little penguin guys; not to be confused with the standard penguins from Super Mario 64 onwards) also fall under the same boat; unless Yoshi happens to drop Baby Mario.

Most of the enemies in the series are considered a part of a sentient species, so yeah, most of the Goombas, Koopas, Shy Guys, etc. are not inherently evil by nature.

Some of them just happen to work for Bowser; and then every other king in the series tied to a specific species works under him, so the guy's got one huge and diverse army!

Back to the topic though, I'd definitely say Crazee Dayzees barely fit the enemy criteria. They're just these cute little flower people, I'd even say an antithesis to what the Piranha Plants are! This is not a malevolent face:

200px-YIDS_CrazeeDayzee.jpg

That is, until you fail to guard against their lullaby... Then they become worse than Piranha Plants.

Isabelle said:
I mean yeah, from a player standpoint, Blooers are demonically evil.

And I never brought Bowser into this.
but I mean that whole "in their natural environment like animals"

like doesn't that apply to Bowser and the other evil baddies too

Bowser chose his path as a villain though.

What if Bloopers are just part of the ecosystem, is what I'm saying.

what if the bloopers are just trying to hug mario but dont realize their tentacles cause death :thinking:

If that was true then one could say that almost all enemies who hurt Mario by contact are trying to hug him, but the dude is a dick so he stomps on them.

The Gao. And technically, they aren't enemies, just denizens of Sarasaland that were hypnotized by Tatanga, according to the manual.
Gaoartwork3.png

Buzzy Beetles, especially in the first three Paper Mario games. Especially when they're rocking back and forth on their backs. Eeeee! So adorable! Don't even get me started on the sound effect for Spiky Joe's footsteps in the Glitz Pit.

Buzzy_Beetle2.PNG

When Chain Chomps are roaming free (except in Sunshine), they're really care-free, leading me to believe that they only attack like any chained dog would. When they're free, they're happy and cheerful. I especially noticed this in DS Peach Gardens. Heck, maybe they're not even attacking aggressively. Maybe they think, "OMG PERSON MUST GREET HI I LOVE YOU," but they don't realize their size and strength and are total derps.

200px-2009-TournamentApril2.jpg

I cannot answer this question, because there are too many non-threatening "baddies" in the Mario universe for me to choose. :-\

Snow J said:
When Chain Chomps are roaming free (except in Sunshine), they're really care-free, leading me to believe that they only attack like any chained dog would. When they're free, they're happy and cheerful. I especially noticed this in DS Peach Gardens. Heck, maybe they're not even attacking aggressively. Maybe they think, "OMG PERSON MUST GREET HI I LOVE YOU," but they don't realize their size and strength and are total derps.

Some mini-games in the Mario Party series involve working with or helping a Chain Chomp. So they can technically be trained like the animals they imitate (dogs). As I mentioned earlier, the reason most Chain Chomps are enemies is likely because Bowser trained them; or in some cases, they're possibly wild ones that attack like a stray would. The ones you mentioned in DS Peach Gardens are probably tame, but serve as obstacles nonetheless due to their size.

Back