SMM2 Ideas

If you have any ideas for Super Mario Maker 2, post em' here. For me, personally, I would like to see the Chargin' Chuck enemy added into the game.

I'm hoping there's an option to remove the time limit.
I know, it'll never happen.

I also hope that they raise the height limit for levels, or even let you edit the height limit similar to the horizontal length.

Make Peach, Daisy, Toad, Toadette, and Rosalina playable.

I believe there may already be the option, since Boom Boom appears to be in the game, but making it so that you don't have to hit a flagpole to clear a level would be excellent.

Gone are the days of trying to lock people in rooms with hidden blocks and spamming the boss theme music so they seemingly have to fight something, or hide a key coin inside a giant piranha plant to gate them from escaping. It would be neat if you could just set a specific enemy that needed to be killed within a preset empty or minimalist boss area (so no hiding it behind walls so you can never finish) to finish the level. ? Orb clears, basically.

Maybe they will add different abilities to the mysterious jeep shown in artwork. Applying power-ups to it like in Mario Kart would be amazing.
For example, attaching a Super Leaf or Cape Feather to it would sorta combine each items' abilities from Mario Kart, like allowing the jeep to perform a jump and have a tail/cape spin that defeats enemies.

I'd quite like to be able to make upwards moving levels, like towers and beanstalk ones, instead of just the left to right ones. It always surprised me that that wasn't included in the original, as I think there was something similar to that in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem construction zone.

BBQ Turtle said:
I'd quite like to be able to make upwards moving levels, like towers and beanstalk ones, instead of just the left to right ones. It always surprised me that that wasn't included in the original, as I think there was something similar to that in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem construction zone.

I believe that was confirmed in the trailer. In the final moments it shows SMW Mario jumping upward while the level moves up with him.

Dancing blocks and swaying platforms, but I also like advanced options. Also, up the block limit and make saving levels as much as the console or micro SD card, none of that 100 saved level be

Also maybe not require people to buy a subscription to play levels???

I see all these people saying they should add more characters, but I say that's just a waste of resources and they should focus on stuff that actually matters. Bring back the Mystery Mushroom if anything, and this time don't lock King Dedede behind the dreadful Expert 100 Mario.

Also, they should have tower levels, reverse scrolling (start on right side and goal on left side), Star Coins, bosses that aren't Bowser or Bowser Jr. (they showed Boom Boom so things are looking up), castles that don't end with an axe (I needed sub-areas to do this in the original), an improved SFX interface, and secret exits.

Oh yeah, and we need Banzai Bills. Better yet, King Bills!

EDIT: Oh yeah, how could I forget? With access to even more sub-areas, The Ultimate Test of Skill could become even more ultimate!

Kirby and Dedede said:
Isabelle said:
I think Banzai have already been shown
Have they? Cool! Now we just need King Bills (and the never-before-seen King Bill Cannons).
Yeah Banzai Bills are shown in the trailer (they're the bills that move towards the screen)
We need the hammer bros. suit to return.

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
We need the hammer bros. suit to return.

I want more than one unique power-up for each game style.
Or not have unique power-ups at all, and have each item in each style; but that's an obvious pipe (HA) dream.

Back