Do you think we'll get a New Super Mario Bros. Switch after NSMBU Deluxe?

Do you think it will likely happen?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
New Super Mario Bros. 2 went too close to "don't fix anything if it ain't broke". There's a spectrum on change and no change, and people seem to agree that New Super Mario Bros. games don't do enough. So my proposals is, just, do more. Or maybe just make experimental spinoff 2D platformers I guess.

i just want a mario game that, like, doesn't regurgitate world 1-1 for the first level, doesn't immediately follow through with an underground level, doesn't have repetitive koopaling boss fights, doesn't go into yet another desert world, doesn't regurgitate level concepts like the snake block levels over and over and over, etc.

that sort of thing made me rather not enjoy 2 and especially u

Baby Luigi said:
i just want a mario game that, like, doesn't regurgitate world 1-1 for the first level, doesn't immediately follow through with an underground level, doesn't have repetitive koopaling boss fights, doesn't go into yet another desert world, doesn't regurgitate level concepts like the snake block levels over and over and over, etc.

that sort of thing made me rather not enjoy 2 and especially u

Kind of like how every Sonic game has a Green Hill Zone now? I don't mind that, since they usually tend to have their own twist in each game anyway. I do on the Koopaling fights though. I would like to see more boss fights than just them, Bowser and Bowser Jr.. Bring back the likes of Petey Piranha and the Giant Goomba from the first NSMB game.

But regardless, I still liked NSMB2 and NSMBU for what they were.

We could also combine powerups together. That'll be cool.

Roll and Maria Renard said:

YES! I've been wanting this since before I even joined the boards.
Although I have lost hope for it ever since Kirby Star Allies did it first. The same mechanic used in two unrelated (in terms of plot) games would make it seem like Nintendo's being lazy.

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:

Although I have lost hope for it ever since Kirby Star Allies did it first. The same mechanic used in two unrelated (in terms of plot) games would make it seem like Nintendo's being lazy.
Actually, it was Kirby 64 that did it first, back in 2000. Other, more limited variations of that ability mixing appeared in Squeak Squad and Star Allies. But considering that in the last 18+ years it's only been in three Kirby games, I don't think that disqualifies Mario from doing the same.

King Dedede said:
Abe Lincoln except Toad said:

Actually, it was Kirby 64 that did it first, back in 2000. Other, more limited variations of that ability mixing appeared in Squeak Squad and Star Allies. But considering that in the last 18+ years it's only been in three Kirby games, I don't think that disqualifies Mario from doing the same.

Oh, OK. I really need to play more Kirby games.

Back