Should the 3DS die?

Let it die?

• Let it die, let it die! Let it shrivel up and

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • I say let it grow

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters
Finger dancing.

just idea of waluigi fans wanting a waluigi game only for it to be some just dance wormware infesting a corpse of a console is both sad and hilarious

I wouldn't because I don't really like having the sane fans who just like their favorite characters getting seriously shafted, but I would lie if I wouldn't laugh the same way I laughed at Sonic Forces and the Sonic movie.

>TFW when no Pokemon Ranger 4

I would really like to see the big N squeeze a few more years out of the 3DS line or maybe even make a successor to it, but with the Switch being a hybrid of both a home console and a handheld makes it seem a little bit unlikely. At least Bowser's Inside Story DX makes for a great swan song to it's legacy.

I would have prefered a Mario Sunshine port. Would go perfectly with the Luigi's Mansion one.

Any upcoming first-party 3DS games announced besides Bowser's Inside Story and Kirby's Epic Yarn? Because with those two games releasing within the next three months, and no word of any games after, this unfortunately might be it.

But even if it is time to close the curtains on the 3DS, it had a long run. Besides, in my eyes it won't be truly "dead" so long as the online and eShop remain functional (yes, I say that the Wii is still alive until the 30th).

The 3ds eshop will probably live long because it's the same one as the Switch and Wii U ones. They are all unified or something.

Since the Switch is getting huge sales, I would say the 3DS needs to die.

The 3DS has probably already died. There are no first-party games announced for it. The fact that they're still shipping hardware units is not a bad thing no matter how you put it.

Still, the 3DS was never hurting the Switch's sales. In fact, it's technically the other way around. Not that it shouldn't be, really, but it's always sad to see a console die. At least now Nintendo won't focus so much about shutting down 3DS homebrew...

Honestly, I just hope Nintendo keeps shipping the hardware until I can get a replacement one in July.

Yeah, I guess it's time to let go. Odds are, there's not gonna be an FDS until after the Switch is gone.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Can we get some Fs in the chat for completing the original M&L trilogy in the 3DS style
As criminally underrated and overlooked Partners in Time is, I don't want a remake. At least, not yet. I want a new game. We haven't gotten one since January 2016. I'm gonna be that guy who actually prefers M&L to Paper Mario and demand a Mario & Luigi 6 for Switch.

no it should not
It's already dead dude lol.

They ended production on the New 2DS XL (god Nintendo's naming was really bad during this gen) back in September, which was the only 3DS model still being made, with the last game to come out for the system also came out in September for North America (And meanwhile the last game in Europe was last April, Japan's was in December 2019, and Australia's was September 2019), the thing is totally dead and a legacy system now.

Nothing else is coming for the system unless the never-released version of Mighty No. 9 surfaces at some point but I'd rather not have the last game for the system be that so I'd rather that game stays unreleased.

Fuck I was hoping for a Just Dance for 3ds

Back