Wario needs to be a villain again

Should he be a bad guy again?

• Yes, Wario is evil by nature.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No. I know he can be a good boy.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I don't care about Wario. Who does?

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yep, as long as Waluigi is not involved.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
It just wasn't confirmed if they actually are brothers... no one ever said anything about that.

Mcmadness said:
He's roster filler. He doesn't have anything worth bringing him elsewhere.
his worth is his worthlessness and I think he can fit nicely as a pathetic loser character. I don't think other recurring characters exactly fit that role in the Mario series.

That doesn't exactly make for star material though in a video game.

Especially since Luigi is their go to for slapstick whenever he's around.

Luigi isn't a pathetic loser. Luigi is usually played as the awkward nice guy who looks like loser but has potential. Waluigi is just a pure loser with nothing on him, and he's also very mean and selfish.

I like Waluigi to play a supporting role where all terrible shit happens to him. I wouldn't make him a main character.

Saltman said:
I mean if they don't try anything new with him of course he won't have anything that makes it worth it. Also, being Wario's brother gives him a lot of potential.

I thought you liked Waluigi.

Just to be clear, Wario's relationship with Waluigi is still unclear. They might not be related at all, despite sharing similar personalities.

On an additional note, Wario and Waluigi are primarily portrayed as comic relief rivals for the Mario Bros., so they're not really true villains like Bowser.

AlphaDream can use some new material. They're the company that brought us a game about two brothers working together, a game that stars Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, a game that is the closest thing to Bowser's own game, and a game that mishmashes Paper Mario World and the flesh world. It's a shame they're on autopilot with mediocre remakes, I think. A Mario & Luigi game that revolves around Mario and Luigi rivalry with Wario and Waluigi has potential for many new and fresh ideas and implementation. If anything, at least it'll open up for hilarious scenes like we've seen in Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, and Mario Super Sluggers.

Back