They HAVE to buff Bowser Jr.

Parakoopa144

a delicious beverage
Bowser Jr. is kinda fun in Smash 4, but I think he's a good idea that just needs a big buff. But how? Well....
  • Give him a faster ground speed. He's a bit too slow on the ground for me.
  • Make his Down Special way faster, its really fun when it works, but christ is it slooooooooow.
  • Make his Neutral Special faster, once again, its just way too godang slow.
  • Give his Side Smash way more range, it has to be point-blank to work[li/]
Those are things I think would fix him. What are yours?

make it to where you can play as him and not the clown car

But that would kinda miss the point, that he's not just, "Bowser Jr." he's a representation of the Koopalings also, and just bosses in general in the Mario series.

All you have to do is get rid of that stupid gimmick where his Clown Car takes less damage then normal, but he takes more damage as a result, and 99% of his hitboxes are of him rather then the Clown Car so he just takes more damage then normal most of the time.

I mean, He always gets nerfed in Mario Tennis Aces. So He should get buffed this time. Poor Jr.

Well according to Smash Wiki, here are discovered buffs

-Like all characters, Bowser Jr.'s jumpsquat animation now takes three frames to complete (down from 6).
-Bowser Jr. dashes faster.
-Bowser Jr.'s Clown Kart hurtbox takes priority over his body hurtbox, meaning that the opponent has to intentionally aim for his head to deal increased damage. This means Bowser Jr. will take less damage on average compared to other characters.
-Neutral attack connects more reliably, and has increased KO potential. The last hit of Bowser Jr.'s neutral attack is now an uppercut, making its hitbox larger.
-All aerials have less landing lag.
-Neutral aerial now autocancels out of a shorthop.
-Standing grab is faster.
-Pummel's animation is slightly different and faster than before.
-Up throw has less ending lag and base knockback, allowing Bowser Jr. to combo off of it.
-Down throw deals significantly more damage.
-Clown Cannon can fire a cannon ball while another one is already in play.
-Clown Cannon has less startup and endlag, but travels slower, letting one follow it. Overall, this improves its utility.
-Clown Kart Dash has super armor on all hitboxes.
-After cancelling Clown Kart Dash, Bowser Jr. keeps his double jump.
-Abandon Ship!'s Hammer Swing is faster.
-Mechakoopa has had its endlag reduced greatly, and starts walking as soon as it hits the ground. It no longer bounces, and still retains some lag.
-Mechakoopa will "bite" the opponent it makes contact with, which means that it will detonate on them even if they're being knocked away as they got triggered.

FSM knows if that's going to be enough.

Lucinavidad said:
make it to where you can play as him and not the clown car
I actually like the gimmick of a mounted character. Makes it easier for him to stand out compared to the others.

I agree. My fear with Bowser Jr. was that he'd be a small Bowser semi-clone with a paintbrush and that just sounded really uninspired. Having him in the car was a great idea. Shame he's not that fun to play but the concept is nice.

Deku said:
Well according to Smash Wiki, here are discovered buffs

-Like all characters, Bowser Jr.'s jumpsquat animation now takes three frames to complete (down from 6).
-Bowser Jr. dashes faster.
-Bowser Jr.'s Clown Kart hurtbox takes priority over his body hurtbox, meaning that the opponent has to intentionally aim for his head to deal increased damage. This means Bowser Jr. will take less damage on average compared to other characters.
-Neutral attack connects more reliably, and has increased KO potential. The last hit of Bowser Jr.'s neutral attack is now an uppercut, making its hitbox larger.
-All aerials have less landing lag.
-Neutral aerial now autocancels out of a shorthop.
-Standing grab is faster.
-Pummel's animation is slightly different and faster than before.
-Up throw has less ending lag and base knockback, allowing Bowser Jr. to combo off of it.
-Down throw deals significantly more damage.
-Clown Cannon can fire a cannon ball while another one is already in play.
-Clown Cannon has less startup and endlag, but travels slower, letting one follow it. Overall, this improves its utility.
-Clown Kart Dash has super armor on all hitboxes.
-After cancelling Clown Kart Dash, Bowser Jr. keeps his double jump.
-Abandon Ship!'s Hammer Swing is faster.
-Mechakoopa has had its endlag reduced greatly, and starts walking as soon as it hits the ground. It no longer bounces, and still retains some lag.
-Mechakoopa will "bite" the opponent it makes contact with, which means that it will detonate on them even if they're being knocked away as they got triggered.

Holy shit, that sounds like he got amped WAY up! Can't wait! (OH MY GOD ITS 2 DAYS)

Also, please rerelease the Bowser Jr. Amiibo, I really want one but it costs like £30.

Back