Moldomré's Creations: Sprites, Drawings, and YouTube

okey several things about Baby Luigi as I have drawn him thousands of times

1. his sideburns are actually pointy, not rounded like Luigi's
2. his cap is so big, it covers his ears, so his ears usually go underneath the hat
3. his neck is usually not visible unless you draw him facing away from you and even then only some of it is showing

wish you luck if you ever attempt to draw him or Baby Mario again! at least you didn't draw Baby Luigi with gloves, brown shoes, or long pants, those traits really irk me when it comes to artists attempting to draw him.

Ray Trace said:
1. his sideburns are actually pointy, not rounded like Luigi's

Since I based the drawing off a plushie, I wasn't sure if that was just a mistake by the plushie or not, so I made the sideburns round. Thanks for clearing that up.

i'm assuming you own the world of nintendo Baby Luigi because that one has rounder sideburns than the first print san-ei one. though the all-star collection Baby Luigi (the second print) has rounder sideburns too

it's likely to be a plush liberty too heh

Ray Trace said:
i'm assuming you own the world of nintendo Baby Luigi because that one has rounder sideburns than the first print san-ei one.

I actually do have the San-ei one, I just wasn't sure if pointy sideburns were correct, so I did round ones instead.

Striker Luigi said:
Wait, You do requests?

Can you do Dr. Luigi?

I don't do requests normally (I drew these users by my own free will), but I might do some Dr. Mario/Luigi stuff eventually.

Moldomré: The Crossover Episode said:
If I were to add you, I'd need a character that could represent you. And also, I just did the people that I've "known" the longest here on the boards (besides the mods, they've been here forever :P.
I'm probably here longer than some mods, hah.

Oh, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I'm gonna draw you some time. After all, I've drawn everyone else in that group! I had already thought about it before, but I'm certainly gonna do it now that you drew me. So, you're now on my list of users to draw in the future. However, I can't guarantee it being any time soon considering how incredibly long it takes me to get around to finishing drawings for my art thread. :P

Here are some sprites that I got around to working on recently:

zGvvYL7.png

My very own OG creation: Goombas in the SMW style.

qf8cvNQ.png

This one's a little out there, but I've always admired the sprite work for SMB3; I decided to apply its colors to some BIS sprites that I had on hand and see how they look. I must say, if these were the only colors they could have for Mario in BIS, I wouldn't be mad.

0GBHNEW.png

These are just recolored Banzai Bills in the SMB3 style (trying to match the SMM2 designs for them).

I used to do M&LBiS recolors also, it's so fun to see how they might look on the NES or with different variations.

I think you should just redo the text entirely.

Yeah, it was just an out-of-the-blue fifteen minute edit, I might go back and refine it later.
Also, I was looking through some of my old drawing notebooks and found some "interesting" finds which I will post sometime this week (hopefully within a day)!

Erdrick the Hero said:
Also, I was looking through some of my old drawing notebooks and found some "interesting" finds which I will post sometime this week (hopefully within a day)!

And just like my ask thread, I kinda forgot this too. However, here's some old drawings of mine! And yes, you can make fun 11-year old Moldo's drawings if you wish.

Here's me predicting Piranha Plant for Smash about 4 years ago (you can also see a potential moveset for Paper Luigi on the other side of the thin page):
IMG-20190710-101003625.jpg

I predict Garfield for the next Smash DLC:
IMG-20190710-101302575.jpg

And...the Wisps from Sonic Colors? Idk why I selected them as potential Smash candidates:
IMG-20190710-101327081.jpg

Finally, a huge portrait of Yoshis, with some new colors (gray, lime green, maroon, peach), along with some scratched-out drawings mixed in:
IMG-20190710-101412241.jpg

I also finished a perler bead 8-bit King Dedede which will be ironed later today (hopefully).

nyRL9BO.jpg

As you can see in my sig, TylerZM on Twitter has been pulling high-def rips of the SSBU mural poses for each Smash character. Here's my magenta/pink Yoshi edit. Actually, now that I look at it up close, I didn't do anything to the shoes to make them more yellow. Woops.
Not sure when I'll do anything more arty, school's been really mean lately.
(also, 4-month bump anyone?)

EDIT: Also, y'know that King Dedede I mentioned back in July?...yeah it hasn't been ironed and probably never will.

Last edited:
Apologies for the double post, but I posted this on Twitter, and since it's my art, I thought I should post it here.
This isn't the normal thing I would draw; it's for a class I'm in. We were assigned to draw the other half of the given celebrity. Mine happened to be the (breathtaking) Keanu Reeves. Here's what I did. (yes, the mouth area and eye is a bit off)

EHCvN9mX0AEY3hU

EDIT: Here's a special piece for Luigi's Mansion 3! I wanted to do something with Luigi and Polterpup interacting...and I did.

weegee and polty.jpg

Last edited:
TRIPLE POST: I am currently working on another small piece influenced by Luigi's Mansion 3, Luigi is currently screaming.
I haven't drawn a Yoshi in a while though, might incorporate Pink Yoshi into it somehow.

In the meantime, here's "Toadette's Psychedelic Breakfast". It's an homage to the song "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" by the band Pink Floyd, if you've heard of 'em.

EH7AtpoWkAAS2tR

After Christmas, I went on a drawing spree (due to a new drawing supply). Here's the first two in line; screaming and jumping Luigi:

ENDODcwWoAAvxdM

And for the first time in my life, a drawing of possibly the most memed character to enter Smash and a fan favorite: WALUIGI. I used his Super Mario Party artwork as reference for his face but drew him without his cap (as I was originally gonna do a little gag comic with him without his cap but then just left it as you see now).

EM5Xqu8X0AEvO46

EDIT: Here's more:
The first Link drawing I've done in a while, I like how it turned out!

IMG_20191228_140752873~2.jpg

Last edited:
I've let this thread sit for waaaaaay too long; here's a sneak peek of some new art to come!

Anakin.jpg

Anakin Skywalker, the chosen one himself, in the style of the show Star Wars: The Clone Wars!

EDIT: Just completed a new drawing of the Hero of the Wilds himself, Link as he appears in BotW! I tried to get the cel shading come across on paper, and I think it's pretty good!

IMG_20200531_170231265.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a Star Wars kick recently so I have a couple more drawings to show.
First up: the Alec Guinness version of Obi-wan Kenobi (basically just Alec Guinness, let's be real here)!

IMG_20200506_211746611~3.jpg

The other is a character some people may not recognize due to him only appearing in the TV shows: Captain Rex!

IMG_20200526_105617187.jpg

Back