What is the scariest thing to come out of the Mario franchise?

Princess Mario said:
YFJ said:
I can't believe they say that Mario is 71 inches, yet the New Donkers are literally twice his height. Not to mention that even outside Odyssey, Mario is the shortest human character. There's literally no way he's 71 inches tall, Nintendo.
I like 5'1'' Mario and New Donker relative size has always bothered me.
Mario looks like he could be 5'1" on his own, but literally every human character in the series is taller than him. And the New Donkers completely dwarf him.

THAT is the scariest thing to come out of this franchise, holy shit

World of Nothing (specifically when considering the context for it), that "song" they use for the River Twygz, Shunned Guys, a majority of the bosses from Wario Land 4, some of the death animations in Super Mario Galaxy (ex. by electrocution, disintegration by dark matter, etc.), a lot of the stuff the Shroobs did during Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. And that's just what I can think of right now.

Oh, and Mona's implied crush on Wario...! ......That one is a joke; it's not inherently scary, just weird af...

JBX9001 said:
You coming completely out of nowhere from over a year ago was pretty terrifying! :boo:

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
JBX9001 said:
You coming completely out of nowhere from over a year ago was pretty terrifying! :boo:

And it took me two whole months to see this afterwards...! Hope to change all that.

Toadette's eye glitch in Super Mario Sluggers

Something new to add to this thread; what about the Maw-Rays in Super Mario Odyssey? Those things look pretty terrifying and their size doesn't help!

That and the sheer amount of poison in the game not counting Lost Kingdom (which is themed around it) is starting to make me worry that's there's some kind of pollution problem going on in Mario's world.

Maw-Rays in Odyssey are fine. If anything I love their design, they're just beautiful!

Especially compared to the N64 ones...

Back