J-Yoshi64

Always remembering Walkazo
I'll start out with my concept of J (aka myself) and Siph's Mario Party 7 artwork. Because I'm obsessed with self-inserts.
my_son_by_just_call_me_j-d8l349p.png

Any questions, comments, critiques, concerns, snide remarks?

Re: J's Artwork — Original and Fanworks

I call this one "Koopa the Kick"
koopa_the_kick_by_just_call_me_j-d7p3ogo.jpg

"Mario will never be able defeat me when I show him my disproportionately large foot!"

Looks like the Koopa is going to a shoe store, and it's dramatically measuring its shoe size to a store employee.

I guess I can double-post on my own thread.
Self-insert and OC/FC character emblems!
j_s_new_character_emblem_by_just_call_me_j-dar34s3.png
character_emblem___siph_by_just_call_me_j-d7otyiz.png
kayla_emblem__revamp__by_just_call_me_j-dcmaw4b.png
morgan_character_emblem_by_just_call_me_j-dax3359.png
bc_character_emblem_by_just_call_me_j-dax33ns.png
tilly_character_emblem_by_just_call_me_j-dawracd.png
sister_character_emblem_by_just_call_me_j-dax342v.png
liza_emblem_by_just_call_me_j-daovwob.png
Any questions, comments, critiques, concerns, snide remarks?
la.gif

Looks good

Then again, I'm not exatly the best person to ask for art advice

Roy Mustang said:
I'm not exatly the best person to ask for art advice
That's okay. I'm not really looking for art advice. I'm more looking for conversation about the content.

I have no idea what the hell these are.

But they're pretty neat-looking. Especially the last one.

They're all original characters and fan characters, so I wouldn't expect anyone to know who they are.
Though since you brought attention specifically to the last one, here's the character behind it: PKMN Trainer Liza Biem
liza_flat_color_by_just_call_me_j-da4vy0c.png

Time to post my animal OCs. They're all based on my stuffed animals, so naturally my kid self made them all young superheroes.
These are all the ones I have drawn so far.
morgan_ann_puppy_by_just_call_me_j-dc2al8t.png

Species: Dog

Breed: Springer spaniel

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Instrument: Drum kit

Sport: Gymnastics

Favorite Food/Drink: Pizza

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Raspberry

Other Interests: Gardening, Cowboys

Superheroine name: Rosa Puppy (Morgan’s favorite color being pink, and roses being a type of flower)

Super Power(s):
  • Angiosperm Control: Morgan can produce and control any angiosperm (flowering plants). Incidentally, her flowers never die.
  • Force Fields: Inherited from her mother, Morgan can generate forcefields (which are mostly transparent, but have pink wisps moving through the surface). She can also move and reshape her forcefields and choose who/what can enter/exit them.
Bio: Morgan is in the middle on the scale of tomboys and girly girls. On the girly girl side, she loves flowers, all pink hues, and ponies. On the tomboy side, she loves getting down in the dirt with all the worms to garden, she plays a drum kid with a lot of energy, and she has a pet snake with the ever-creative name of Snakey. Morgan is also quite the overachiever at school, studying hard and going above and beyond on her homework to get the best grades possible and get the most out of her education. It sometimes gets to points where her parents actually have to ban her from schoolwork in order to get the pup to take a break once in a while and have fun with her friends and brothers.

Morgan's best friends are B.C. and Tilly.
babe_wilbur__b_c___cow_by_just_call_me_j-dc37zab.jpg

Species: Cow

Breed: Holstein

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Instrument: Guitar

Sport: Basketball

Favorite Food/Drink: Milk

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cookies 'n' Cream

Other Interests: Cowboys

Superhero name: Super Cow

Super Power(s):
  • Flight
  • Handheld Extension: B.C. can extend and retract any object he is holding in his hand(s). Incidentally, he never needs help reaching or climbing things.
  • Blanket: While not a power, B.C. typically uses his trusty blanket in tandem with his extension powers, typically either as a whip, lasso, or grappling "hook."
Bio: Living on a farm means B.C. and his siblings help their father with chores that need to be done. B.C. is a pretty typical boy for his age, to a point. He likes basketball and cowboys. However, unlike most boys his age, he hangs out with girls just as much as he hangs out with guys. Also unlike most boys his age, he drags or carries a blue blanket around with him almost everywhere he goes, not unlike Linus van Pelt. Like Linus, he uses it as a whip against bullies, regardless of if B.C. himself is the victim or not. Unlike Linus, B.C. is not stressed without it. He just takes it around in case he gets cold (and of course, in case of bullies). And to wear as a cape because that's always fun.

B.C.'s best friends are his sister and Morgan.
tilly_may_katt_by_just_call_me_j-da1mvwo.jpg

Species: Cat

Coat: Calico

Favorite Color(s): Orange

Instrument: Saxophone

Sport: Yes

Favorite Food/Drink: Grapefruit

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Mango

Other Interests: Tailor work

Super heroine name: Cation (A cation is a positively charged ion. Ionization is necessary for plasma to exist.)

Superpower(s):
  • Plasma Talons: Tilly can extend her claws to as long as she is tall (but she rarely goes over two feet). While extended, her talons become superheated like plasma, albeit the heat is self-contained unless physical contact is made. Tilly’s performance when her talons are extended is hampered when in the presence of a strong magnetic force.
Bio: Tilly is a tomboy who loves sports of any kind. She's competitive, but also a stickler for rules, so don't go cheating if she's around, or else she'll talk you down several pegs. Despite her tomboyish ways, Tilly has developed a love for tailor work, and she's pretty good at it, too.

Tilly's best friends are Morgan and Sister.
melanie_fey__sister__cow_by_just_call_me_j-dc3ell5.jpg

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Instrument: Piano

Sport: Figure skating

Favorite Food/Drink: Cornbread

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Salted caramel

Other Interests: Fashion

Superhero name: Friction Lass (A pun on the word frictionless, which reflects her powers)

Super Power(s):
  • Friction manipulation: Sister can manipulate the friction of herself and the world around her. She often uses this ability to “skate” as a means of travel. She can also climb steep faces by increasing the friction between herself and the face to greater than the force of gravity. Incidentally, she never drops things and is great at catching things.
Bio: Melanie "Sister" Cow is the girliest of "Las Tres Amigas" (Morgan, Tilly, and Sister). She is graceful, gentle, and quite the fashionista. But, living on a farm, she knows that she has to wear basic and functional clothes from time to time. After all, when you live on a farm, you need to do farm work. She's still the best one to go to for fashion advice. As the second oldest child, and the oldest daughter, Sister takes her role as big sister very seriously. In fact, her nickname was because B.C.'s first word was sister, referring to her (though it came out sounding like "sissa"). He kept calling her that, and eventually the nickname stuck.

Sister's best friends are her brother B.C., Tilly, and Koree.
annabel_bethany__annie__cow_by_just_call_me_j-dc43aa3.jpg

Favorite Color(s): Yellow, Magenta, Cyan, and everything else

Instrument: Xylophone

Favorite Activity: Coloring

Favorite Food/Drink: Apple juice

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Rainbow sherbet

Other Interests: Crayons, Arts and crafts, Preschool

Superhero name: CMY Cow (A pun on CMYK, which are the colors of printing. Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow are also the secondary colors of light, which relates to Annie’s powers.)

Super Power(s):
  • Light Manipulation: Annie can bend light in an environment, creating illusions, and even total darkness. She can also adjust her vision to frequencies of light. In time, she will also be able to generate blasts of condensed light, but for now she can only act as a laser pointer in a color of her choosing. Annie can used these powers to turn invisible. Incidentally, she’s not allowed to play any hiding games.
Bio: Annabel Bethany "Annie" Cow is a cheerful, energetic child. Kind of something to expect from a 4-year-old who's also the second youngest of 7 siblings. She loves preschool and admires her mom for being a schoolteacher. She loves learning her letters, numbers, colors, et cetera. She especially loves arts and crafts, specifically coloring with her crayons. Speaking of colors, oh does she love them. Never ask Annie what her favorite color is, or else she'll rattle off an extensive list of colors for the rest of the day. When she's not limited to a few solid colors, Annie has a rainbow motif. Because everything is better with rainbows, especially among little kids like adorable Annie. Even her little wooden xylophone is rainbow!

Annie's best friends are her brother Cris, Teddy, and Goldentail.
koree_wade_katt_by_just_call_me_j-dc5vcdi.jpg

Coat: Grey tabby

Favorite Color(s): Brown

Instrument: Violin

Favorite Food/Drink: Blueberries

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Blueberry

Other Interests: Taking care of Blackberry

Superhero name: Medicat (A portmanteau of medic (or medicate) and cat)

Super Power(s):
  • Healing Hands: Koree can heal anyone he touches. Incidentally, he never gets sick, and is rarely injured for long.
Bio: Koree Wade Katt and his biological little sister Blackberry were adopted into the Katt family. While Blackberry has adapted rather well with the other toddlers, Koree is still rather shy and distant. He has taken a liking to Sister Cow, though, who has helped him open up along with his new family.

Koree's best friends are his stepbrother Kungfu, Sister, and Peter.
goldentail_katt_by_just_call_me_j-dcc3i4x.jpg

Coat: Scattered stripes (doesn't actually exist in real life)

Favorite Color(s): Blue, Gold

Instrument: Bells and chimes

Favorite Activity: Naps

Favorite Food/Drink: Cream

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Vanilla

Other Interests: Quiet, Ribbon

Superhero Name: Cat's Eye

Super Power(s):
  • Telekinesis: Can move any object or person with her mind. Unfortunately at her current age and experience, she cannot move anything unless she is looking directly at it.
  • Hypersonic Bell: While not a power, Goldentail has a special bell tied around her neck by a blue ribbon, which can ring painfully loudly and generate sonic shockwaves.
Bio: Goldentail is the youngest biological child in the Katt family. She is also the quietest child of her family, her group of friends, and her family's groups of friends. She is not quiet out of shyness, though. She simply sees no point in talking or making any noise if it's not necessary. She prefers to silently observe her environment until she finds something important that others haven't noticed yet. She will respond verbally if directly asked a question, though. Because of how quiet she is, her parents put that little bell on her in order to know where she is. The knot is offset a little to Goldentail's right, making it barely visible when looking at her dead-on.
Goldentail's best friends are her adoptive brother Henry and Annie.
henry_james_katt_by_just_call_me_j-dcgboas.jpg

Species: Bengal Tiger

Favorite Color(s): Salmon pink, blue grey, dark green,

Instrument:

Sport: Fishing

Favorite Food/Drink: Fish

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Coconut

Other Interests: Hats

Superhero Name: Titanic Tiger

Super Power(s):
  • Super Strength: With the required secondary powers.
Bio: Henry was the Katt family's first adoptee. Henry is rather easy to please. If it involves fish, he's pretty willing to try something. He absolutely LOVES fish. Specifically eating fish. That's why he's willing to wear pink, because it's the color of salmon. Bluegills are greyish blue, and bass are dark green. This tiger cub can't get enough of his fishes. When he's not looking for new fish interests, he's looking for new hats. He specifically likes baseball caps (and wearing them backwards), but most of the time all his hats are just sitting on a rack in his room. His adoptive parents put their foot down and limited him to 8 caps maximum. Even if he can't get more than that, he does love admiring cool hats in stores and on people's heads. Henry sure knows how to bond with people over headgear.

Henry's best friends are his little sister Goldentail, and his classmate Mark Jr.

How many cow plushies did you have as a kid?

Time for Kayla aka 'KK'
My rule-63 counterpart that I didn't expect to actually make, but I needed (read 'wanted') a female file in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and decided to go with Kayla (what my parents would have named me if I were a girl).

Main outfit
kk_by_just_call_me_j-dadfq4a.jpg

Alt outfit (for bikes and ATVs)
kk_alt_by_just_call_me_j-dasn14u.jpg

Paper KK
paper_kk_by_just_call_me_j-dbqifhu.png

A bunch of outfits in sprite form
kk_big_sprites_by_just_call_me_j-dblytmd.png

Ten SMB style sprites
kk_power_ups_by_just_call_me_j-daudxme.png

Any questions or comments about this character and her outfits?

What Yoshi does she have?

She actually doesn't have a Yoshi, but a Buzzy Beetle named Merelda, though I have yet to draw her.

Hm, well I suggest you work from reference of humans in a particular pose. Right now, you might agree that they're a bit stiff. This is partially because the face is foreshortened but the shoulders and legs aren't. Humans look better when they're a bit bendy!

I was trying to make her look a bit more realistic and not as cartoony. That's why her head is smaller.

Will you ever draw her with your self-insert?

Eventually. I plan on having a running joke where we're the only ones who don't realize that we're literally the same person while it's obvious to everyone else.

I made Smash Palette swaps for myself.

smash_j___palette_swaps_by_just_call_me_j-dcnd9fo.png

Default (blue team) is my standard outfit, that I generally have my persona wear.
Red (red team) is based off my fall pajamas and bathrobe.
Dark blue is based off my winter gear.
Black is based off my formal suit.
Purple is based off my "college age" persona.
Green (green team) is based off Kayla aka KK.
Brown is an inversion of all my standard outfit's colors, which is the color scheme of "Dark J"
Yellow (yellow team) is simply a golden power-up palette.

I should probably show all those outfits I talked about (plus some more).
j_big_sprites_by_just_call_me_j-dblyqau.png

By row:
  • default outfit; formal attire; winter pajamas; winter pajamas + bathrobe & slippers; summer pajamas; swim trunks, swim shirt, goggles; College J
  • winter gear; overalls; summer/Sunshine outfit; winter outfit (this is underneath the winter gear); soccer gear; Strikers gear; alt Strikers gear (if I go up against Rosalina or Waluigi)
  • Fire J; Ice J; Metal J; Flying J; Propeller J; Penguin J; Cat J; Tanooki J; Boo J
  • Hammer/Boomerang J; Cape J; Cloud J; Gold J; Ice J (Galaxy); Rock J; Rainbow J; Mini J; Small J; Bee J
  • Mario Party 2: Western Land, Pirate Land, Horror Land, Mystery Land, Space Land; Dark J; Stolen Name & Body; Cosmic J; Cosmic Clone

Aside from the soccer and Strikers outfits, I have owned all the clothes in the first two rows.

Back