Users who register and post bot-like posts

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
On occasion, there will be a new user who post stuff, but they will post something that doesn't really pertain to the topic, and are usually impersonal. Take this post, as an example:
Bluepranee said:
I like this very much content. Because it is so many people should know because it is very useful.

I have a suspicion that quite a few bot users have gone under the radar, because they don't seem to be banned. The user I posted above has not been banned yet, probably because unlike some notorious bots who blatantly advertises their sites (gambling is one such site), they just post a post without any hint of advertising. Note that I sometimes reported weird posts but the users never seems to be banned nor taken care of, and in the even some of the posts got deleted, their remaining posts that went unreported would still be there. Therefore, I gave up when no apparent action had been taken.

Therefore, I would like to know if there are situations where bot posts are acceptable here, so we could come up with an understanding.

Thank you for reading.

Yeah in this forum, the ban tag isn't applied automatically. I'm guessing in this case, the mods don't feel like going through the trouble of applying to some insignificant spambutt user.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Yeah in this forum, the ban tag isn't applied automatically. I'm guessing in this case, the mods don't feel like going through the trouble of applying to some insignificant spambutt user.

Exactly. I figured it's unnecessary because bots are very easy to spot and I deal with 'em as soon as a report arrives.

This post right here was from the "Ask Chain" thread, and it has nothing to do with the previous post. Makes me think this user is a robot.

Natamaki said:
Your information is good information that I am looking for.

https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=40075.msg2019549#msg2019549

look at this bot he was just waiting 4 months for the perfect moment

next level

Some bots are just stealthily handling their duties. I mean, they hid their spam links in the quotes! This is the original quote:
Fawfultheghost64 said:
A double Whopper, which I am currently enjoying :)

Now look at the following links and see if you can see any difference with the quote above:
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=6006.msg1924982#msg1924982
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=6006.msg2031281#msg2031281

The weirdest part is that the spam link is different in both the quotes.

Thank you for reading.

Spam links like that need to be reported and removed. If you see them, report away.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Spam links like that need to be reported and removed. If you see them, report away.

I actually reported them yesterday, but just in case a mod didn't notice anything suspicious about them, I posted these specific examples to get more attention.

Thank you for reading.

Back