Mario & Luigi series discussion

But why do Mario and Luigi pretend they never met Shroobs before in Partners in Time? You can suspend disbelief about time travel and whatnot, but I mean, the continuity is already pretty screwy. Remember the weird changes the remake made?

The Shroob invasion was in the past, so it took place before Superstar Saga. I believe someone had a theory I read, I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere on the Internet, that Partners in Time's present is a split timeline from the other M&L games, because they don't have memories of the Shroobs in this present which is why they are taken by surprise by them in the past. The Shroobs were erased from history in this timeline. However the other M&L games take place in the same timeline as PIT's past, so basically Mario and Luigi of the present remember fighting the Shroobs as babies, as seen in BIS.

Kind of a confusing thing tbh.

Oh well, it can't get less coherent than this

our BJAODN said:
Due to the fact that the Shroob invasion is not remembered by any characters, even Toadsworth, the invasion may not have actually been intended to happen in the past. Since E. Gadd's memory was actually rearranged by the events taking place in the past, the Shroobs may have actually been attacking the present, but been sent to the past by the time holes made by E. Gadd's time machine.

it's time travel. that in of itself is already logic bending.

Don't think about it all that much I say. The developers clearly didn't.

Well, Peach went back in time and arrived at the exact moment the Shroobs invaded the castle. She also trapped Elder Princess Shroob inside the power source. And thus, history changed. However, another thing to note is that Princess Shroob knew about the future. Which, changed some of her plans. But, because of the particular events of the game, we only know these events.

well...mario and luigi's beds in that new house....

because i sleep on a bed that has the first letter of my name carved onto it. everyone does.

I'm late in saying this, but I finally beat Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (it was like three and a half weeks ago). I 100%'d the game which means I beat Bowser, found all of the beans, saved all of the Pi'illo folk, cleared all of the expert challenges, and beat all of the side quests (Battle Ring, Mad Skillathon, Battle Broque Madame, etc.). Overall I give Mario & Luigi: Dream Team an 8/10, it's a good game but I don't like how long it is.

Right now I'm playing Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, and I just got to Neo Bowser Castle, so I think I'm near the end of the game. I really want to finish the game before Super Mario Party comes out on October 5th, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. Like Dream Team, I plan on beating the game 100% which means I have to beat Bowser, find all of the collectibles (beans, item patches, and ? blocks), clear all of the expert challenges, and do all of the side quests. I only have a week to do all of this. Wish me luck!

MarioFan632 said:
I'm late in saying this, but I finally beat Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (it was like three and a half weeks ago). I 100%'d the game which means I beat Bowser, found all of the beans, saved all of the Pi'illo folk, cleared all of the expert challenges, and beat all of the side quests (Battle Ring, Mad Skillathon, Battle Broque Madame, etc.). Overall I give Mario & Luigi: Dream Team an 8/10, it's a good game but I don't like how long it is.
If you didn't like the length of the game, then I'm pretty sure you don't want to go for 200% (100% in Hard Mode). Just reminding you that you can attempt that, if you want.

YFJ said:
MarioFan632 said:
If you didn't like the length of the game, then I'm pretty sure you don't want to go for 200% (100% in Hard Mode). Just reminding you that you can attempt that, if you want.
I actually do want to attempt Hard Mode, but I need to take a long break from this game first. Maybe in a year I will play it again in Hard Mode.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat it 100%. The Battle Ring was already very difficult in standard mode, and the bosses will be even tougher in Hard Mode. :-\

MarioFan632 said:
YFJ said:
MarioFan632 said:
I actually do want to attempt Hard Mode, but I need to take a long break from this game first. Maybe in a year I will play it again in Hard Mode.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat it 100%. The Battle Ring was already very difficult in standard mode, and the bosses will be even tougher in Hard Mode. :-\
It's possible, at least, because I was able to do it. The key to fighting those Battle Ring bosses is to level up to the recommended level (Neo Bowser Castle is the perfect place to grind). Of course, this doesn't apply to the Giant Battles, which simply require a lot of strategy and timing.

And luck that the damn thing doesn't glitch out on you

That actually happened to me the first time I fought Giant Bowser in the main game. What happened was that Luigi moved down to the left on his own and fell into the lava over and over until he died (I could not control him). This happened a few more times before I finally decided to turn off my 3DS to see if this would fix the glitch. On my next attempt, I could finally control Luigi and was able to win the fight.

Thankfully this glitch didn't happen when I fought Giant Bowser X in the Battle Ring. But I'm kind of disappointed because this was supposed to be fixed in the update, and yet it could still happen.

MarioFan632 said:
That actually happened to me the first time I fought Giant Bowser in the main game. What happened was that Luigi moved down to the left on his own and fell into the lava over and over until he died (I could not control him). This happened a few more times before I finally decided to turn off my 3DS to see if this would fix the glitch. On my next attempt, I could finally control Luigi and was able to win the fight.

Thankfully this glitch didn't happen when I fought Giant Bowser X in the Battle Ring. But I'm kind of disappointed because this was supposed to be fixed in the update, and yet it could still happen.

Yeah, the gyroscope glitch is actually pretty well known at this point. Weirdly, though, I've seen so many people say it happened to them during Zeekeeper, but it never happened to me then. Only on the Giant Bowser fight.

It was a little frustrating, because I died for no good reason, but I didn't have to reset to fix it so... There's that?

None of this would've ever happened if we weren't forced with such petty gimmicks. How did AlphaDream get away with this in a Mario game? Fer shame.

Back