Have you ever had anxiety or depression?

I have depression issues which is a big factor in why everything I do is so inconsistent. I often lose all motivation to function and my sleep schedule operates on a "when I get tired" basis regardless of the time.

I've had anxiety since 2013 which has led to hypochondriasis, and have had depression since December of last year

I live with anxiety , but there's been some time since i have taken medication.

One of the effects of it is the constant need to eat, i always eat and eat and eat when having the struggle, kinda like a pregnant woman but a tad worse.

Anxiety is simply a fact of life when you're living with ADHD. It's not chronic, but it does get in the way a whole lot. Anxiety is probably part of the reason I find it difficult to sleep at night at times.

Hell, my anxiety about tackling schoolwork is why my activity on this forum has been reduced.

I have both, the anxiety stuff I had all my life. But for the depression it has persisted since my father died in 2013.

I'm sure a lot of people in this forum know what we're dealing with so course I have a lot of anxiety. It's not to the point of a disorder and I don't have depression, but...

This is a very current issue. So many people feel bad and need help from a psychologist, but they don't tell anyone about it. People smile, go on with their lives and pretend everything is fine, but it's not. My best friend is depressed, and I don't know what to do. I want to help him, but he refuses to talk to me. He's not okay, and there are a lot of people like him. I have read and researched a lot of information about treating depression, and I hope I can help him soon. If you are feeling bad, please let your close people help you. I can't sleep or eat because I keep thinking about my friend feeling bad.

Last edited:
While I myself do not have neither, I do know quite a few people suffering from some form of either of the two. I am not a therapist or an expert on the subjects in any way, but I do let them know that I am always there if they need someone to talk to, and I try my best to empathize. And I just have to admit, it often hurts just hearing how they feel, because you have to wonder what made them feel this way. There's only so much I can do. Even though I want to do so much more, I simply can't.

I really appreciate your honesty about your experience with GAD. It's not always easy to talk about mental health, but sharing your journey can make a positive impact. Taking medication is a valid choice, and it's great that you're proactive about managing your well-being. Remember, you're not alone in this – many of us have faced similar challenges. If you ever feel like reaching out, there are hotlines for mental health support. Just know that you're stronger than you realize, and every step you're taking matters.

Last edited:
While I don't have actual depression, I am showing signs of it. The best advice I can give to those who suffer from depression is to be open about your thoughts and feelings, talk to people you trust about whatever it is you're going through and seek professional help if you need it, because I've seen so many famous people who suffered through depression and weren't open about it, and I've even seen people who aren't famous who suffer from depression who hide their depression by smiling and cracking jokes all day, pretending that they're fine when they're anything but that in reality. So at the end of the day, if you suffer from depression, be sure to talk to somebody about what you're going through and know that there are people who care about you and are willing to help you.

Back