• I like him, and I want him to appear again

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I like him, but I don't want him to appear again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh. he doesn't bother me.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, I don't like him at all.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Blegh no. He's the worst Mario character evah!

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
He is just a character from Mario's dream. But maybe ONE DAY, he will be a real Mario villain.

i mean Birdo is hella lucky she got out of the SMB2 crew , she is the only character that has been included up to the recent day and never been truly dropped.

Wart and company possibly aren't as lucky because originally the concept came from Doki Doki Panic and most people are not even checking for SMB2.

There are enemies who made it, like Shy Guys, or Pokeys, or Ninjis, or Bob-ombs......

winstein said:
so Bowser takes a break for once!

Don't speak such blasphemous things.

Hey, I also think Bowser is the best (he's objectively the most developed character), but it wouldn't hurt to see someone else instead of him sometimes. Obviously this doesn't mean I want to kick Bowser out.

That's why thought Wart could make a good counterpart to him in the same way that Birdo does to Yoshi.

He doesn't really need to be the exact same as Bowser. He has potential.

It's strange because I recall you saying K. Rool wasn't lame, but he's similar to Bowser too.

Again, SMB2's plot not having anything going on for him doesn't mean he should not come back ever.

Thats because King K.Rool isn't the badguy of Mario. He's the badguy of Donkey Kong.

Also K.Rool has his whole changing appearance gimmick.

Well he hasn't been in much of anything worthwhile since then either.

So I'm hoping if someday he ever comes back they'll bring back the good parts of him along for the ride.

Mcmadness said:
Thats because King K.Rool isn't the badguy of Mario. He's the badguy of Donkey Kong.

Also K.Rool has his whole changing appearance gimmick.

Yeah, but before the two DKCs he was very similar.

And now he's cool, right?

If so, why not try to make Wart cool too?

Because there is no need. Bowser does everything Wart does but better.

Bowser is always gonna be the guy. Nothing more to it than that.

Meh. Someone being the "main one" should not necessarily mean "no more of the other one".

Kamek will always be the main Magikoopa too.

But we had Kammy, and she was cool.

Kammy was even more redundant and has since been replaced by her better.

Mcmadness said:
winstein said:
so Bowser takes a break for once!

Don't speak such blasphemous things.
Mr. Saltman said:
Hey, I also think Bowser is the best (he's objectively the most developed character), but it wouldn't hurt to see someone else instead of him sometimes. Obviously this doesn't mean I want to kick Bowser out.

Thank you for responding to this one! Yes, that's my sentiment: I am open for Wart to take the spotlight once, and RPG is the best bet because a unique threat is welcomed, especially in Mario & Luigi due to only having one final boss (out of five) that is completely unrelated to Bowser.

Thank you for reading.

Bandanna Waddle Dee said:
There are enemies who made it, like Shy Guys, or Pokeys, or Ninjis, or Bob-ombs......

i really had no idea those were from that game , guess i forgot?

Shy Guy is certainly above Birdo then.

winstein said:
especially in Mario & Luigi due to only having one final boss (out of five) that is completely unrelated to Bowser.

I'm not completely sure about that. I mean, all final bosses in the Mario & Luigi series are somehow related to Bowser.

First, Bowletta from Superstar Saga.

Second, Shrowser from Partners in Time.

Third, Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside Story (he's part of the final bosses, so that counts).

Fourth, Dreamy Bowser from Dream Team.

And, fifth, Shiny Robo-Bowser from Paper Jam.

It obviously needs a change at least once, because fighting Bowsers and Bowsers from game to game may get boring.

LED42™ said:
It obviously needs a change at least once, because fighting Bowsers and Bowsers from game to game may get boring.

Never.

it would be better if certain Bowser battles werent a joke.

3D World for instace has literally a ''win'' button , and this is the mechanism for many 2D Mario games as well.

Swiftie_Luma said:
it would be better if certain Bowser battles werent a joke.

3D World for instace has literally a ''win'' button , and this is the mechanism for many 2D Mario games as well.

I'd say thats less of a problem with him and more the mechanics themselves.

Though I like those personally, as long as it's not like old school SMB where the button is right behind him.

Mr. Saltman said:
You sure like Bowser don't you

Guilty.

Mario win against Bowser because he catches Bowser before he has had time to create an adequate defense.Wart appears to be more intelligent, and may be able to complete his plans fully before Mario reaches him, which may create an interesting game.

tardograd2 said:
Mario win against Bowser because he catches Bowser before he has had time to create an adequate defense.Wart appears to be more intelligent, and may be able to complete his plans fully before Mario reaches him, which may create an interesting game.

In SMB1 and the NSMB games Bowser always has a switch behind him that destroys the bridge, for no reason (Maybe he put it there to activate it himself and make Mario fall?).

But at least Wart has a reason for that veggie machine being there (the veggies are actually nightmares).

Didn't think about this before, but maybe Wart could be even cooler if they expanded the dream concept more (giving him the ability to travel through dreams, using dream-like powers in battle, stuff like that).

Back