GameCube games on Switch?

KPH2293

17 Banners
Retired Wiki Staff
I've run this through a search engine, but it just gives me a bunch of articles from December of 2016. Doesn't help that I'm somewhat out of the loop with Nintendo. But I'm trying to come back to this world!

Anyway, are these out yet?

not out yet, vc in general is pretty gutted on switch afaik

realistically, we'll likely never get gcn games on switch outside of remakes sadly, because of the pressure-sensitive l and r buttons on the gcn controller and how the pressure sensitivity matters in big titles like sunshine and luigi's mansion and probably others

yeah, closest there's been to virtual console of any sort released on switch so far is the arcade archives of nintendo games like VS SMB (which aren't even being done by nintendo themselves iirc). there'll some sort of free NES/SNES game implementation in the online service that launches in september, and even for that details are scarce so far.
at this point, between the NES/SNES mini and the upcoming online stuff (plus a couple of other factors), i'm doubting that there'll even be normal virtual console for the consoles we've already seen, let alone the gamecube which has never been put on vc at all so far

although it should be noted that nintendo has apparently been porting both wii and gcn games to nvidia shield in china, and that runs off similar hardware to switch, so who knows, maybe that could be an indicator of something

Lord Bowser said:
realistically, we'll likely never get gcn games on switch outside of remakes sadly, because of the pressure-sensitive l and r buttons on the gcn controller and how the pressure sensitivity matters in big titles like sunshine and luigi's mansion and probably others

while i agree that the current controllers wouldn't work very well for this, the thing about the switch is that there's always a possibility that they could release some kind of controller variation with hardware improvements like pressure sensitive buttons. like maybe some kind of 'joycon pro' or 'joycon: gamecube edition' or something. obviously having to buy another controler is not quite ideal but it could happen
or they could even just release a new controller thats literally just the gamecube controller but it has bluetooth instead of being wired. that would also be pretty good for smash

The GCN games I want for Switch:

-Luigi's Mansion
-Smash Melee
-Paper Mario TTYD
-Mario Kart Double Dash
-Super Mario Sunshine as a Remake with a better adventure and no voice acting:

Funny, if you search Luigi's Mansion Switch, you get Luigi's Mansion 3 (which doesn't exist yet). If you search Luigi's Mansion 3DS, you can get either of the current games.

I think we may see Virtual Console or whatever they plan to do with their classic games when they finally reveal the details of the Switch Online service that's coming in September 2018.

Thanks guys, I was wondering what I was missing.

Also, thanks to whoever moved this here. I have a weird habit of putting everything in mindless junk lol.

If GameCube games were to be released, they need to have the following:
- Chibi-Robo! (so we can enjoy the quirkiness of that game)
- GiFTPiA (from the makers of Chibi-Robo, and it's an even stranger game)
- Puyo Pop Fever (so we can witness Amitie and friends' origins again)
- Mario Party 4 - 7 (rereleases of Mario Party are incredibly limited, with 2 being the only console Mario Party with a re-release)

Thank you for reading.

Back