Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

OK so more like Crash Twinsanity? It was rushed and missing loads of content that was planned, but is still unironically a blast to play.

And like the M&L games, it has an epic final boss theme, so...

Finally got around to giving this a try and good god everything feels so slow. It feels like it's going at 20 FPS. The hell happened?

AND WHAT LAME BRAINED, HALF WITTED IDIOT DECIDED TO GET RID OF SHOWTIME!?!?

I overreacted a bit, it's still there, however it's only when you just touch an enemy, (you know that thing you'll probably be avoiding most of the game) if you punch an enemy Bowser just gives a generic laugh.

Why can't it be the other way around? The showtime would give people even more of a reward to beat up enemies on the loose.

I'm actually seriously questioning whether this remake can really be called an improvement.

The whole game feels slower, certain puzzles are now more annoying to implement, the audio has been altered many times, often for the worse, and just a whole bunch of other small changes that just make the experience less enjoyable.

So much so that I question if even the original game is as good as I remember it, and the last time I played that was about a year ago.

Mcmadness said:
The whole game feels slower, certain puzzles are now more annoying to implement, the audio has been altered many times, often for the worse, and just a whole bunch of other small changes that just make the experience less enjoyable.

So much so that I question if even the original game is as good as I remember it, and the last time I played that was about a year ago.
Don't forget the Challenge Medal...

I think there's more improvements than there are bad changes. The removal of mic controls was a godsend, now the Fawful Express battle can actually be enjoyable like I'm sure it was always meant to be. The bad changes I feel are mostly aesthetic (Toads were again made basic for example, and yes some audio choices were inferior but aren't huge deal-breakers imo)

I feel like the minigames were also improved, they are far less annoying now and some of the gameplay speed changes were also a thing in the SSS remake. Once I got used to em, they didn't bother me.

By the way, does the sound test in this game contain the original DS tunes alongside the new remixes, much like the Superstar Saga remake did? Just making sure in case I like one of the original tunes better than the remixed ones.

Mcmadness said:
The whole game feels slower Ugh, really? That was one of my major beefs with Dream Team., certain puzzles are now more annoying to implement How do you mean? Like the Bowser-power-up sequences?, the audio has been altered many times, often for the worse Besides "Showtime!"? Voice clips or actual music tracks?, and just a whole bunch of other small changes that just make the experience less enjoyable.

My opinions and further questions are in bold above.

Anyway, anybody know what's different between Bowser Jr.'s Journey and Minion Quest?

King Dedede said:
Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
Anyway, anybody know what's different between Bowser Jr.'s Journey and Minion Quest?
You now have a team of 9 instead and Bowser Jr. is always the captain. Only differences I know of, really.

So basically, this game is a slower version of a game with a campaign that is basically no different than the extra campaign from the SS port?

Abe Lincoln except Toad said:
I haven't played Minion Quest, but from what I know from that and my playthrough of this:

- Can deploy 9 troops now

- Bowser Jr. is always the Captain. You can change his type as the game progresses.

- You can use one of the Koopalings/Kamek as a sub-captain. They each have two commands (though they need to be unlocked)

- If there are multiple types of the same minion, they'll do a team/stronger version of their special attack. They can be denied, but it's hard-if-not-impossible to deny all of them.

- You now have to plan out exactly where you place your troops in a formation. You get bonuses if you can find certain formation set ups.

To put into perspective how important some of these gameplay changes are: I've had times where I lost a stage, moved around some units, and then won.

it's definitely got a bit more strategy to it, which I appreciate.

Well, having played through it I can definitely say that the Bowser jr's portion of the game hasn't disappointed me at all. Gameplay wise it's still a lot of watching things fight, but the amount of improved tactical stuff and the flashier special moves with the first officers have made it more fun to play.

And the story like Minion Quest is simple but fun.

Btw the BFFs are bastards.

So... good news and bad news.

The good news is, Bowser has new artwork that's actually good and not derpy!

The bad news is, it only appears in the home menu icon, is cropped and partially obscured by Mario and Luigi :(

MLBIS%2BBJJ_-_Home_Menu_Icon.png

Until we see the entire body, can't say if it's better overall, but the face is better.

Is there any good news about the remake being anything else besides arbitrary?

Back