If Cranky Kong is the original DK...

Turkish Bottle Thing

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
Then why is it that Cranky is old but Mario isn't?

180px-Donkey2.jpg

230px-Cranky_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

MarioInDKArtwork.jpg

220px-Mario_-_MyNintendo.png

Maybe, just maybe...

...Jumpman is Mario's father?

:???:

Has it ever been explained?

(I didn't really know whether to put this in marioverse or mindless junk...)

the average lifespan of a gorilla is 35-40 years

i headcanon mario's age at around 35, so if donkey (now cranky) kong was the same age as mario, he'd be considered fairly old for a gorilla

Magikrazy said:

i headcanon mario's age at around 35, so if donkey (now cranky) kong was the same age as mario, he'd be considered fairly old for a gorilla
but

magic gorilla

never explained that Jumpman could be Mario's father, but I tend to stick with "they're both the same pair of characters; DK just got a tie and Mario just morphed and grew an extra set of fingers".

Kongs age faster then a regular ape
and since an ape ages faster than a human
bam
science

The Kodansha manga that I uploaded posits that time just passes way faster on DK Isle than it does in the Mushroom Kingdom. :yoshi:

Magikrazy said:

^
Kongs are very similar to humans so it makes sense that they age differently than Mario so no Jumpman isn't Mario's father it's just his nickname.

Jumpman does wear a different outfit. It can't be :mario: because Jumpman did look like he DIED in the ending of Donkey Kong Jr.

Bandanna Waddle Dee said:
Jumpman does wear a different outfit. It can't be :mario: because Jumpman did look like he DIED in the ending of Donkey Kong Jr.

You know the way Mario "died" was very cartoon-ish ? Also yeah he had different clothes, but that's not weird. Many mario characters look like they're "dead" but the rules of death aren't the same here and there.

Back