whats your favorite Mario game?

zdrmonster1 said:
super Mario odyssey has 4 endings
1. What has this got to do with anything?
2. I’m 99% sure there’s only one ending.

If I had to choose, I’d say Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World.

EDIT: There’s already a thread for this.

Super Mario World, I love everything about it, from the music to the visual to the physics and the stages. It's my second favourite game of all time! Only topped by Super Meat Boy.

Left 4 Dead 2 is the best Mario-based shooter

My favorite Mario game overall is probably Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

It depends on what you're looking for in a Mario / Paper Mario game

Mr. Saltman said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Super Paper Mario
Woah I heard a lot of people hate that game though. I was thinking of getting it.

Is it good or bad really?
this thread's going to hell

I think it's very very good, it has great villains and a phenomenal story by Mario standards. Which are the main reasons I love it. Basically it peaked my favorite qualities of the Paper Mario series (before they were nearly completely removed for the next game).

But due to the controversy on it I'm not going to argue because we don't want the above post to come true :luigi:

Kirby's Helpers said:
Eh, I'd say this one's different enough. My thread wasn't exactly asking for favorites, just what you'd consider to be the greatest the series has to offer, though I guess there is a bit of overlap sometimes.

My favorite at the moment is Super Mario Odyssey for sure. People praise the Galaxy games up and down, and while I think they certainly deserve all the praise they get and aren't close to overrated, I've always preferred 64 and Sunshine. You get a bit more freedom with how you choose to get those Power Stars/Shine Sprites. Odyssey takes that freedom and multiplies it by 3. Plus, that capture mechanic is amazing. And don't get me started on Mario's expanded moveset. What a fuckin' acrobat. This is a game worth getting a whole new console for.

Mr. Saltman said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Super Paper Mario

Woah I heard a lot of people hate that game though. I was thinking of getting it.

Is it good or bad really?

looms ominously overhead

My favorite one if the one where Wario dies. A lot. ;D

Strangely enough, mine is Super Mario Bros. 2. Quite a surprise, even to me. It's not like I'm praising it and it's characters all the time, right ?

10. Super Mario Galaxy 2
9. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
8. Mario and Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story
7. Super Mario World
6. Super Mario 64
5. Super Mario RPG
4. Super Mario Bros 3
3. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Paper Mario
1. Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Back