Cappy

CLaurora

Goomba
Banned User
Hey guys how are you? I would like to see Cappy in Mario Tennis Aces because he is Mario's main ally in Super Mario Odyssey. What do you think guys? :)

His sister has zero reason to exist aside from being a cheap and unnecessary plot device.

This is what I have to say about Cappy.

But how would he be able to carry a tennis racket? Cap-turing it or by using "telekinesis" like Goombas do in Mario Superstar Baseball?

If Boo and Lumas can carry tennis rackets then so can this thing

SMO_Cappy_w_Hat.png

Baby Luigi said:
If Boo and Lumas can carry tennis rackets then so can this thing

SMO_Cappy_w_Hat.png

Oh right, I forgot about his regular form. I thought OP meant Cappy in the form of Mario's cap. My bad.

Maybe he just captures the ball and then moves to the other side. And another question: How is he supposed to MOVE? I mean, he doesn't even have feet!

...Unless he captures some flying thing.

Boos don't have feet either.

Cappy can manage.

LED42™ said:
But Boos are ghosts! Cappy's a...cap!

Just think it well, caps can't even walk.

Uh, have you even played Super Mario Odyssey?

Cappy is the floating support character Alpha Dream wishes they could create.

Mcmadness said:

*triggered*

Jk, Jk.

I think the RPG characters will always be superior to the mainline characters as story is more of a focus in the RPGs, but opinions are opinions.

TheSuperStarSaga said:
What I wanna know is, how old is cappy? Child, Teenager, or Adult?

Pretty sure he's an adult.

We have Toads as creatures being classified as adults here.

Mcmadness said:
I'd also say Intelligent Systems but the only thing I have in mind is that floating pointy under-toenail grime scrubber.

Nah they made Huey, he's fine.

The other 2 can go away though.

Well, I hope Cappy would make an appearance in Mario Tennis Aces. Maybe as a player or host.

LeftyGreenMario said:
His sister has zero reason to exist aside from being a cheap and unnecessary plot device.

This is what I have to say about Cappy.
Not 100% true, while Cappy seems to be kind-hearted and all, he probably would have just stayed with all the other Bonnetonians in the city after Bowser attacked it if Bowser didn't care about Tiara and he just bought a normal tiara in a random shop (or asked one of his MartelKoopas to forge one for him...).
Having his sister be kidnapped was what drove Cappy to join Mario: he followed Bowser's airship after he kidnapped Tiara and saw that this red moustached man is trying to save the human lady from the evil turtle-dragon thing that holds his sister prisoner, I'm sure with his city destroyed he wouldn't have cared about Bowser or Mario if his sister's well-being wasn't in danger and thus he wouldn't have joined Mario in the adventure without the motivation of making sure Tiara is back home and safe again.

If you think about it Tiara is the only reason Cappy met Mario and helped him, as he'd have likely stayed in the village to help building it back after Bowser attacked; I wouldn't call her an unnecessary plot device.
Is she Peach: ghost form? Yes, she is, but she was needed to allow for Cappy to have a motivation to join Mario, as even with their lack of plot, a random character joining Mario trough seemengly deadly trips for no good reason would be dumb even by Mario-plot standards...

----- ----- -----

Anyway, regarding having Cappy in a spin-off: I don't know, I agree with you that he might be a fun addition for a Mario Tennis game but I really can't imagine seeing him playable in Mario Kart, any other sports game other than tennis for that matter...
So yeah, I'm coolwith himappearing in Mario Tennis Ace but he'd feel off in a different kind of sport, mainly because in tennis they can animate him in a more fluent way without his movements feeling "off", since they did it with Boos they could do that with Cappy aswell (in this case a Mario Sluggers game might be OK for him too).

Back