2017 in review.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Luigi 64DD said:
- Wasted too much time on the internet.
- Still feel like I'm not doing enough with my life, particularly in the social aspects.
or are you?
You've got a point there, and I did mention making friends in my positive point about getting involved in this community. However, I still feel like I don't have enough IRL friends even with the ones I do have and I feel that I may still be more socially awkward than the average person.

+Made the dean's list
+My sister got engaged (and getting married very early next year).
+Finish classes that I could take locally
+Trump became president, not the Clintons... again (Bill Clinton)
+Trump is doing good...
=despite what the medias/news people are saying
-I finish all classes that I could take locally and I would need to travel to a Cedar Rapids to finish them (and I'm not a traveling person)

LeftyGreenMario said:
Alex95 said:
Seeing a theme here. Man, what is wrong with us?
It's not hard, and if some poor schmuck like me and all those *bleep*s on the road can drive, so can you.

It's not hard, and I have driven when I had a learner's permit, but certain health issues (such as frequent seizures in my case) can make obtaining a license difficult, not to mention illegal.

The good:
Met a few new friends, I like hanging out with them.
Turned 13 in October, meaning I properly pass TOS now.
Survived 6th grade.
Got MVP in Music Class.
Break is enjoyable.
Got a Santa Jack Skellington.

The bad:
No snow this year! angry
My papa stopped working due to a sickness.
Being in Oklahoma in general.

Positives
+Rejoined this community!
+Not only just showed up back on the forum, but I feel like I grew really close to some people here.
+Became more involved in school activities.
+Namely became a more-established actor, writer, and especially singer, participating in more shows, concerts, and readings.
+Learned that I actually really like Shakespeare!
+Went into high school, that's cool.
+Along with that, became more independent.
+Made some new close connections IRL and reformed some old ones.
+Turning fifteen is cool.
+Became a better host and player for games, namely Mafia, both inside and outside of the forums.

Negative
-Overbooked myself a bit, with the amount of different obligations I made to different school groups.
-Good mental health what's that
-RIP U.S.
-Somehow still haven't found the motivation to continue several projects, including E R R O R.
-Despite forming new friendships, still feel like I don't contribute much to any community or friendships/pretty deadweight.

-god blessed the usa
-was homeless part of it, some terrible shit happened then and i'd rather not go into it
-had like 50 different entry level job apps rejected for not having enough exp wtf
-went into withdrawals from meds I was on after having to stop them from allergic reaction that could've killed me

+not homeless anymore
+met my best friend ever
+finally more or less beat my mental illnesses
+formed plan that should make me independent within the next year or so, and the nonstop shit train of my life since 16 is most likely now over. next few years are probably gonna kick ass. might even start hormone therapy before age twenty one if everything works out. ef yeah

So, there are things.

Good things:

-Got the Switch, as well as some great games and Super Mario Odyssey in 2 days. Plus the Switch came out, as well as some great games.
-Got more socially active and this time around I feel more involved with people at school, even though I still need to strengthen some relations with others.
-Got closer with my Australian cousin at a point at which I can’t believe I used to not care that much about her.
-Between all the people my age who actually started smoking, I chose not to do it.
-Began writing for the 'Shroom.
-Started drawing digital art.
-I’ve been taking care of my fanfic since the beginning of the year now.
-Began setting my mind on what should I do in the future as a living.
-The Last Jedi, absolutely the best Star Wars movie yet imo.

But there were bad things too:

-Grades got lower than what they originally were. With the Brevet coming right after the holidays vacation, this does not sound so good.
-The internet is taking some time I could’ve been using to study.
-Started a toxic friendship which I am trying to end at the moment but without success.
-Although Mario + Rabbids is great, maybe I should’ve chosen Splatoon 2 instead. Could’ve easily got it that way.
-My Australian cousin came to visit, true, but her brother didn’t come, and I would’ve preferred it if he did.
-Sat down and did nothing at times I could’ve been making calls to my friends and arrange a meeting together.

But, in general, 2017 was a better year than 2016 was, so it was a great year in general. Can’t wait to see where 2018 is going.

Baby Luigi said:
I haven't started driving until I was 21 years old. I'm pretty sure all of you would learn how to some day, it just takes lots of practice to get it down just right.
20 for me.

And also, coming from a person who has to drive, you're not missing out on anything (i guess besides fast travel/freedom/whatever). Driving is like one of the stupidest thing ever.

I can't remember much of what happened during 2017, not any huge changes from the beginning of the year so it just kind of blurs together. Worked a lot, slept a decent amount, played some games. I did get changed to full-time a few months ago (not sure if this is a pro or a con yet), then they asked me to run the meat department permanently which probably would've resulted in a nice pay rise but I just didn't want to do it that much and definitely not for that long. I can already imagine the back problems I'm going to have just for working meat for 3 months, let alone years.

Although I still had a good time so I'd say 2017 is a good number.

Good:
-Passed all my exams
-Got a car
-met yoshi2 irl
-bought mangas and animes for the first time while I was at it
-turned 18
-got a switch
-got a gba sp
-went to Prague
-realized some of my feelings and managed to act upon them, with varying levels of success but I overall feel better now on this side of things

Neutral:
-uh idk really

Bad:
-my mental health is in pretty bad shape tbh, I don’t really want to talk about the specifics I just hope it goes away soon
-getting frequent anxiety attacks now that prevent me from doing some stuff at work, hopefully this will get better as well

Riko Santarauchi said:
Good Things
  • Solidified and gained new relationships with so many members of this community.
  • Got my driver's license! Now to actually drive, that's a 2018 goal.
  • Actually went to therapy for my social anxiety. While it's still bad, it's certainly better than it was before.
  • My school got a gender-neutral bathroom, and I'm one of the only people who has a key.
  • Got into the Danganronpa series, and also finally bought V3.

The good:
Traveled a lot.
Got a new job which I really love.

The bad:
My grandfather, who I'm very close to, got diagnosed with leukemia and at first we thought he wouldn't be able to get treatment.

The good in the bad:
He's been getting treatment and he's responding very positively to it and that's great to see after the initial shock and dismay from the diagnosis. I don't know what other people in here may be personally going through but know that there is always hope and that good things can and do happen, even when all seems lost. And above all stay strong, and take a moment to appreciate your family and your close ones. All the best for everyone in this new year.

Anna said:
And also, coming from a person who has to drive, you're not missing out on anything (i guess besides fast travel/freedom/whatever). Driving is like one of the stupidest thing ever.

For me, I find it an absolute necessity to drive. I love it a lot, and I hate waiting for buses or pestering parents about something. The only thing that worries me is gas consumption, and that sucks the most.

Baby Luigi said:
Anna said:

For me, I find it an absolute necessity to drive. I love it a lot, and I hate waiting for buses or pestering parents about something. The only thing that worries me is gas consumption, and that sucks the most.

Perhaps someday, you might be able to afford an electric powered vehicle once cars stop using gasses.

As for now, it's not the environment I'm concerned about. Me being able to pay for energy for my car, whether it's gas or electricity on my own accord is a freedom I'd someday like to acquire.

Back