How many consoles are currently hooked up to your TV and what are they?

3: Wii (which I use only to play Gamecube/some virtual console games), other Wii (older one that can't read discs anymore but I have some VC games on it, also redundant because of Wii U), and the Wii U (use to play Wii U, Wii, and other VC/retro games). Hoping to make it 4 if/when I get a switch.

Well, I have two main gaming TV's, a flat screen for testing and a CRT for playing. Due to layout, my displays are by the flat screen and I only have room for a single console hooked up to the CRT at a time. With that said, downstairs and ready for playing are a Famicom, Super Famicom, and Japanese Saturn. I have a major junk lot coming from Japan including N64s, a GC, some PS1s, a couple PS2s, and more SFCs. And that's just for the consoles that are coming. Not sure what all I'll keep.

My Playstation 2. Earlier today, I was testing some DVDs on it. If you press the "Select" button on it while it's playing a DVD, then it'll open up an option menu (similar to a DVD player remote) that can even be accessed without leaving the movie!

If you own a PS2, then try it out! It's a really awesome feature that is reminiscent of a Blu-Ray pop-up menu!

Julia-BM said:
My Playstation 2. Earlier today, I was testing some DVDs on it. If you press the "Select" button on it while it's playing a DVD, then it'll open up an option menu (similar to a DVD player remote) that can even be accessed without leaving the movie!

If you own a PS2, then try it out! It's a really awesome feature that is reminiscent of a Blu-Ray pop-up menu!

Surprised you didn’t know about this yet

Also my setup changed. I currently have hooked up: PS4 Slim, Wii U, Switch, Wii, PS2 Slim.

Wii and PS4, plus a DVD player

that's about it since I don't have any other consoles anymore (here lies my old gamecube)

(i like having a dedicated DVD player ok)

Wart said:
Julia-BM said:

Surprised you didn’t know about this yet

I've discovered the PS2's DVD remote pop-up menu in November.

For the longest time, I had my Wii, Wii U, and PS3 hooked up to my TV. But just recently I swapped out the Wii for my old GameCube because the Wii is kinda bricked and I swapped out the PS3 for the Switch because its HDMI port is the easiest to access.

Now my Wii is hooked to my TV along with my Switch. I just played some Just Dance 2015, and I might get JD 2017 for the Switch.

I have three the NES Classic, Wii, and the Wii U. I use my Nintendo Switch in handheld mode all the time, so that doesn't apply for me.

My set up has changed a bit since I got a HDMI-compatible television, currently I have my Switch, Wii, PlayStation 2 and Hyperkin RetroN 5 (for those unfamiliar, the RetroN 5 is basically a NES, SNES, Famicom, Super Famicom, Genesis and GB/GBC/GBA rolled into one compilation console) hooked up to it and on the other side of the room I have my older TV set up for legacy consoles like my Nintendo 64.

At this point, I have my three home consoles hooked up to two different TVs. My Wii is hooked up to my smaller TV in my bedroom, while my Wii U and Switch are hooked up to my bigger HDTV.

The only notable change I made to my set-up since April is that I swapped out my PS2 for my Wii U.

I have an Elgato HD60 connected to my TV. Right now, my Wii U is hooked to it but I have a setup where I can easily swap between Wii U and Switch.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
I WANT A BURGER said:
The only notable change I made to my set-up since April is that I swapped out my PS2 for my Wii U.
But Wii U uses an HDMI cable, while PS2 uses a composite AV cable. They don't plug in the same way, so how exactly does that work?

Because my TV has both three separate HDMI ports (Two on the side, one on the back) and additionally ports for AV cables also located on the back of it.

I also have a smaller CRT TV set up on the other side of the room for my older consoles that the newer TV doesn't support which is where my Nintendo 64 is set up at.

1. Before we got our Switch in 2018 though, we had both our Wii and Wii U hooked up to it.

Lounge room has Switch dock and PS4 hooked up. PS3 is sitting under there as well and we swap out the cables when we want to play it.

Holy necro batman!

Hm, lets see.. I have..

Wii, Switch, Gamecube w/ GBA Adapter thing, PS2, and a knock off NES with 70 pre-installed knockoff games (falsely advertised as 400 NES games).

All of which are my younger siblings, but I helped myself to buying 15 Wii games on Black Friday(guilty).

Back