Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions

You haven't even played through SMRPG so I'm not sure why you care.

I haven't played it yet either, but I would still like to see the cameo return as it's a nice reference/fanservice and it never hurts to try to have it in. It's not a big deal either way, but if you have the option for something better, why not take it?

Alpha Dream is a decent company and I'm sure that they would put in that little more effort to try and keep the cameo, if it's not in the game it's most likely just Square Enix being Square Enix.

Mcmadness said:
You haven't even played through SMRPG so I'm not sure why you care.
Super Mario RPG is like the father of Paper Mario and the grandfather of Mario & Luigi. Why would I support ditching a reference to it, knowing these games owe their existence to it? There's also the fact M&L was made in part by former Square devs who worked on SMRPG. And I like Geno's character, the only thing making me hesitant to seriously try to clear the game is that I'm really not enthusiastic about the battle system. Don't ask why, I was probably just spoiled by TTYD being my first RPG.

But having only first played SMRPG in recent years, unfortunately it doesn't have nostalgia backing it up and I find the battle system and battle controls really weird to get used to. I've seen most of the story on YouTube though, so I'd actually be interested in a remake of the game with more modern controls and polish. Regardless, I plan to beat it one day.
Not directly related to this game in particular, but to M&L in general, I found this amazing medley by YouTube user DisOmikron that I thought was worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_rRnKAvj34

Supreme Commander Fawful of the Digital Candy Troll Kingdom said:
Easier maybe, but more disappointing.

Only a little bit disappointing, maybe on the same level as the Mario portraits being replaced with a boring ass background in the Ocarina of Time 3DS remake, maybe, but not a game-breaker. Again, it's not like his inclusion is pivotal to the plot.

Well yeah I know that, still changes like that aren't that hard to avoid, even if it's not Nintendo's fault Square Enix shouldn't be stingy about it especially after Smash Wii U.

Either way, it's a disappointment on the same level as blander box-arts in the newer games imo. I'll still enjoy the game :D

Apparently Daisy, Waluigi, and Rosalina amiibo have character specific compatibility for this game.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo-/Line-up/Line-up-932319.html?compatible_game=1234324

To back this up, Nintendo of America stated that the Super Mario line of amiibo will all be compatible (including Smash), and not other amiibo

Don't expect much, the amiibo just gave you cards last time.

Mcmadness said:

Battle Cards aren't in this. And the amiibo are read only (except for Goomba, Boo and Koopa Troopa)

Also, only certain amiibo are supported at all, which means it must be somewhat character based.

You'll only be disappointing yourself in the end.

It is probably exclusive to the Bowser's Minion part, but I am not sure how they would work, though. I am interested to find out.
Mcmadness said:
I am the only ones that like the Battle Cards and Amiibo Battle Cards? The later being a little better, as you can use the cards once per battle and lets you choose which affect that you have (it is random what you get from amiibo, but you get to keep it and choose it in battle), whereas the former has you using Battle Cards in groups of 10, randomly selecting what to show (up to 3 cards) from what you choose.

Mcmadness said:
You'll only be disappointing yourself in the end.

Says the person who has an agenda against anyone who isn't the "main cast"

I think only Boo, Goomba and Koopa Troopa will work in Bowser's Minions, and the others will work in the main game.

An agenda? No.

Wario is one of my favourite characters and I hardly consider him to be a main cast character.

It was just an example of a character I really like who I consider to be not a member of "the main cast" since with the exception of his debut and SM64DS the guy is largely a spin off only dude.
And unlike other people, I'm quite ok with that and don't need to keep campaigning for his inclusion in stuff.

Really I just want Wario Land back.

Here is the typical battle music for this game. At first, it may sound almost exactly the same, but adds more to it. I like the added bit to this music. This also makes me wonder how much the music will change from the original.
[youtube]watch?v=Sjs_63wEOAM[/youtube]

Edit: Here is a the first 10-minutes of the game from GameXplain to confirm some things like the ability to save anywhere. And apparent new changes to music and visuals. Even the Save Place names. (Toad Plaza I believe to Peach's Castle).
[youtube]watch?v=T8I8B_eokTU[/youtube]

The more I see this the less I care about this remake.

The more I see it, the more I care, it looks fantastic :luigi:

But once again I had confidence they wouldn't botch the Bowser Baddie Koopa design and look here.

And apparently Bowser changed his tactic from walking a bit then spitting a line of fire out to just shooting out one big fireball. No Tutorial interruptions after the battle starts. Saving can be done from anywhere after the player receives the suit case. Different sound when receiving the coins (one coin to several coins). I really like these changes.

Back