30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 29: VG thought you wouldn't like, but loved

I wouldn't say I loved it but I had no expectations for Donkey Kong '94 and enjoyed it a fair bit.

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 29: VG thought you wouldn't like, but loved

Day 30: in all honesty if you ask me at various points in my life I will always give you a different answer but the one game that's always been very far up in the list was ff7

So let's just say that. I have a Special Connection to that game either way

I haven't really played any games in this category, so I don't have answer for this one.

I went on Xenoblade Chronicles knowing little of it... Little did I know it'd end up being like my 3rd favorite game of all time nowadays

Ummm a game I thought I wouldn't like... I know what I'd say for opposite and that was NSMBW but for the real question...

Probably Tomodachi Life. I didn't think it would be very fun, but it's addicting as hell.

I don't think I can even named a game I thought I wouldn't like but ended up loving it. Usually I just don't engage in things I don't think I will like.

30. Super Paper Mario. Fantastic characters, fantastic story, great humor (especially the Underwhere and "your game is over" thing) and it even has lots of lore to it. The Paper Mario games that followed only made me appreciate it more.

This is very difficult to say because I play games depending on my mood.

I say Left 4 Dead 2 and Garry's Mod rank among them. Their sheer customization, moddability, and the fact that I'm shooting down zombies and blowing up crap in a first person shooter as Baby Luigi as well as exploding Warios and slicing through Links in L4D2 made me laugh like a lot more than most video games out there. It's also incredibly fun modding those games, and those games are one of the only games that allow me to use Baby Luigi in his normal, small size.

DAY 29:

MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death

At first, I wasn't too keen on it, only buying it because it was an Idea Factory game. Ended up really liking it because there was witty comments and intense battles. Not to mention good music as well. There was also Connie and Setia.

Aside from the characters, there were also Apostles of 5 different types being Earth, Metal, Fire, Wood and Water, also with Guardians of each type which were giant mechs. The first guardian in the game stayed with me until the end since it was a tank. Ended up being my favourite guardian.

It's also a good puzzle/RPG game, traversing through 4 towers (Black, Red, Blue and White) while in 1st person. There are the occasional difficulty spikes here and there, but overall it's a good game. Not my favourite though, but still good.

29: idk, I've never really had a game I thought I wouldn't like. I didn't care much about Left 4 Dead 2 before I bought it and ended up really enjoying it, so I guess I'd say that.
30: Worms Armageddon, probably.

I wasn't that interested in Splatoon when I got it, but it turned out to be one of my favourite games.

Princess Tomato in the salad kingdom
never thought i'd like a text adventure game about vegetables.

WELL, ALL

WE'VE COME A LONG WAY TOGETHER

BUT IT'S TIME FOR US TO REACH THE END OF OUR AMAZING JOURNEY

IT'S DAY 30

LET'S SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

p.s. i haven't answered the last like 13 days so i'm going to do that momentarily bare with me pls

Hi guys I'm here I did the challenge I won

I don't play many games so I'm going to answer every question with Splatoon and Super Mario 64.

>Very first video game
I may have played some budget PC edutainment game before it that I don't remember but I'm going to say Super Mario 64.

>Your favourite character
Ashley.

>A game that is underrated
Someone told me a while ago that motion controls are bad for ball rolling games. I don't remember who but they're retarded and Kororinpa is one of my favourite games and probably the best game on the Wii besides Super Mario Galaxy.

>Your guilty pleasure game
I'm not ashamed of any games I've played but I did play a moba once. It was okay but Turb never bought it for me and it's never going to go free to play.

>Game character you feel you are most like(or wish you were)
I don't know about any characters who I'm like but I wish I was Ashley.

>Most annoying character
The red haired bitch in To Heart 2

>Favourite game couple
I don't ship.

>Best soundtrack
Splatoon is the only online game I've played so much of and never wanted to turn off the music. Also the only online game I've played so much of that I couldn't turn the music off in even if I wanted to.

>Saddest game scene
rMTBFpn.png

>Best gameplay
Any game where just the movement is fun is great. You can spend hours in Super Mario 64 and not even get any stars and have a blast. Sunshine too.

>Gaming system of choice
PC. The only real flaw with Splatoon is that it's not on PC, which means I have to leave my PC to play it.

>A game everyone should play
Everyone should play Splatoon with me.

>A game you've played more than five times
To 100%? Probably only Super Mario 64.

>Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper
I can't remember the last time I had a wallpaper from a game on my PC but I recently set this as my lock screen on my phone.

>Post a screenshot of the game you're playing right now
I'm not playing anything right now I'm answering questions but here's what I've been looking at in Minecraft for the past several days(awards 2k17 hype)

>Game with the best cut scenes
Cutscenes are fundamentally bad so I'm going to say Myst for being a game that succesfully tells a story mostly without using them.

>Favourite antagonist
Tom Nook because he embodies the abstract concept of capitalism, which is the antagonist of real life.

>Favourite protagonist
The characters I make in any game with character creation.

>Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in
QuestionMarkPlanets.PNG

>Favourite genre
3D platformers or colourful team shooters.

>Game with the best story
Idk lol

>A game sequel which disappointed you
I'm already sorely disappointed in Splatoon 2 for getting rid of the old specials, particularly the Bubbler.

>Game you think had the best graphics or art style
It surprises me every time I come back to Super Mario Sunshine just how well the graphics have held up. Beautiful game even compared to stuff today.

>Favourite classic game
I don't know exactly what the definition of classic is but definitely Super Mario 64 if it counts. If it has to be earlier probably Super Mario Bros 2(US).

>A game you plan on playing
Splatoon 2.

>Best voice acting
Splatoon. Animal Crossing. Project Diva.

>Most epic scene ever
The end of Super Mario Galaxy when Bowser destroys the universe and Rosalina recreates it

>Favourite game developer
Most of my favourite games are first party Nintendo because I'm a casual gamer so definitely Nintendo.

>A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving
I can't remember the last time I played something I didn't expect to like.

>You favourite game of all time
I'm glad this was the last question so I can close on the same answer as I began with: Super Mario 64.

Mario Party 7

As for particular reasons:

Great roster (Though I think 8's is better)
All boards are beautifully designed, with the music being very good (especially Grand Canal, Pagoda Peak and Bowser's Enchanted Inferno).
8-player mode!
More minigames than any other Mario Party, and I only dislike four of them! As a bonus, there's also single and multiplayer DK and Bowser minigames.
The orb system works really well, only complaint is that you can pick up Golden Mushrooms, Flutters, Lakitus and Pink Boos from an Orb Space.
Only 2 button mashing games, though I can consistently beat Pokey Pummel against Brutal CPU's.
The minigame victory music is tied with the Classic/Allstar Mode ending music from Brawl and Smash 4 for being my favorite victory jingle ever.
Peach's voice clips are pretty much perfect, and the others are really good as well.
"It's everybodys favorite time, BOWSER TIME!"

There's a reason why I waited 6 years to buy this game.

Catching up!

Day 16: Game with the best cut scenes

This was a little tough but I probably have to give it to Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and/or Fire Emblem: Awakening. I actually think the cutscenes are one of Awakening's strongest points, and the ones in Radiant Dawn are flat-out fantastic.

Day 17: Favorite antagonist

I will forever love The Black Knight in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. A genuine solid character with a great backstory, great intentions, great voice, his design is like my favorite ever, all around just a fantastic character and one of my favorite characters ever. Players of PoR and RD will probably understand for other reasons I can't state because of spoilers.

Day 18: Favorite protagonist

Kinda tough because there isn't really a protagonist I can think of that heavily stands out. Probably a tie between Ike, Phoenix Wright, and Samus.

Day 19: Pic of game setting you wish you lived in

Mimiga Village from Cave Story/Cave Story 3D.

edit: i literally struggled trying to find a pic and the one i found was immediately taken down b/c they don't support hotlinking so just imagine mimiga village if you've played cave story otherwise i don't have an answer for you i'm so sorry

Day 20: Favorite genre

Don't really have any favorites, but I guess FPS's - TF2, Metroid, Half-Life, along with Portal I guess, are all excellent. Whatever genre Ace Attorney slides into as well is really good.

Day 21: Game with the best story

Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations, easily.

Day 22: A game sequel which disappointed you

I mean, if you want to consider Fire Emblem: Awakening a sequel, I'd probably go with that. It's not a bad game by any means, but it just didn't, for me, live up to the opinions other people had. I need to give it another go but I still kind of struggle with it here and there.

I also just remembered as I was about to post this that Kid Icarus: Uprising was also a bit disappointing for me. Just couldn't really get into that game, sadly.

Day 23: Game you think had the best graphics or art style

I will always love Okami's art style/graphics. I also haven't played it yet, but Shadow of the Colossus just looks flat-out gorgeous.

Day 24: Favorite classic game

Thinking classic is like N64 and before, it's probably either Rayman 2: The Great Escape or Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Day 25: A game you plan on playing

Shadow of the Colossus is easily the #1 spot on my list. I've had it for months but I have a faulty PS2 so I haven't been able to play it. I also just bought Ico today, so that's up there too. The new Specter Knight DLC is also up there.

Day 26: Best voice acting

Portal and Portal 2.

Day 27: Most epic scene ever

This scene from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn has been my favorite scene since the first time I watched it like 9 years ago. I just love it so much. Seeing the Greil Mercenaries back in this fashion was AMAZING

Day 28: Favorite game developer

HAL has probably been the most consistent, but Retro Studios, Intelligent Systems, and Yacht Club Games are also up there too.

Day 29: A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving

God I really can't think of anything for this one. Maybe Super Mario Galaxy 2? I think Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story would fit here too - I remember being skeptical and heard some not great reviews of it when it first came out but I absolutely loved it.

Day 30: Your favorite game of all time

Fire_Emblem_Radiant_Dawn_Box_Art.jpg

Back