30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 30: Your favorite game of all time

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 23: Game you think had best graphics/art style

I've yet to play it, but there's something about Okami's artsyle that's absolutely beautiful

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 23: Game you think had best graphics/art style

Whenever I think about the game with beautiful art I think of Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's seriously impressive, even when considering it was all made by one person.

I would also have to mention Mother 3 for its amazing sprites. It's amazing that the GBA can produce such great sprites, which makes games like Golden Sun look super ugly.

Easy. Super Mario Galaxy games have the best. Though, this could change with the release of Super Mario Odyssey this holiday season. Another is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I'm in love with Colour Splash's art style.

I'm a sucker for cel-shading so Zelda Wind Waker (can be HD or not) and Jet Set Radio (same as Wind Waker) are two games I love artstyle-wise.

Atlus also has some slick art direction in their games, and Persona 5 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions are their best in this department.

Yoshi's Woolly World and Paper Mario Color Splash are also games with amazing art that come to mind...

But I think I have to give it to Super Smash Bros. For Wii U. The fact they have over 100 source games to take stuff from, and mostly EVERYTHING blends together is a huge achievement. That isn't easy to do, as someone that already did some work in art direction in film at university, I can say that is HARD, that's why I respect Smash so much in the art department

For specific art styles, the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series. But for how overall beautiful it looks, am I allowed to say Super Mario Odyssey even though it's not out yet? I just really love the detail in Mario's model in that game.

I am very late.

Day 13: I played Animal Crossing: New Leaf more than five times, more than 500 hours actually, as my gold badge says. And I don't regret any minute I spent on this game.

Day 14: Daisy atwork.

Day 15:
C9erAtpV0AAm-8y.jpg:large

Day 16: I guess Danga Ronpa 2.

Day 17: Ganondorf.

Day 18: Daisy.

Day 19: My town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Day 20: I don't have any.

Day 21: I guess Danga Ronpa 2.

Day 22: Mario Party 10 disappointed me, it's an inferior version of Mario Party 9.

Day 23: I like the art style of the Super Mario Galaxy games. I also think Mario Party 9 has great graphics for a Wii game.

bc i haven't done any of these:

1 - First Game: Mario Kart 64
2 - Favourite Character: Dick Gumshoe is the first who comes to mind
3 - Underrated Game: Kirby Air Ride
4 - Guilty Pleasure: Sonic Adventure
5 - Character I Wish I Could Be: Papyrus
6 - Most Annoying: Fawful
7 - Game Couple: Romantic, I guess Undyne and Alphys; non-romantic, I'd also say Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey
8 - Best Soundtrack: Kirby Super Star, Undertale, VVVVVV or Earthbound
9 - Saddest Scene: I haven't attempted it, but the end of the Genocide Run in Undertale
10 - Best Gameplay: Mario Kart 8
11 - Best System: Gamecube
12 - Everyone Should Play: Undertale
13 - Played Five Times: VVVVVV (as in, completed)
14 - Gaming Wallpaper: Most recent gaming wallpaper was cycling through a few Pokémon
15 - Most Recent: Not posting a screenshot, but most recent game I played was Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
16 - Best Cutscenes: Pepsi-Man
17 - Favourite Antagonist: Waluigi
18 - Favourite Protagonist: Phoenix Wright
19 - Game Setting: I really love the backgrounds and stuff in Kirby games, especially Kirby Super Star
20 - Genre: I guess visual novel. I haven't played/watched/read many but the ones I have are fantastic.
21 - Best Story: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
22 - Disappointing Sequel: Yoshi's Island DS
23 - Art Style: Okami, Yoshi's Island or Paper Mario in general

i haven't put too much thought into these and there's quite a lot of stuff i haven't played/watched/experienced otherwise yet

Disappointing sequel has to go to Banjo Tooie and DK64

Re: 30 Day Video Game Challenge - DAY 24: Favorite classic game

Best art style? Rayman Legends would take my cake. As for best graphically? Burnout Paradise. The game is from 2008, but the graphics are still beautiful to look at today, so I say that's a pretty impressive feat.

Favorite classic game? If you count Super Smash Bros. as a classic, then that. If not, I haven't really played any game beyond the N64 era, so, I'm just going say Super Mario Advance, as it's a remake of Super Mario Bros. 2, my favorite classic Mario platformer.

Super Mario World

Super Mario 64, it came out when I was one. I'd say it counts as classic.

Day 1: Either Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Ms. Pacman for SEGA Genesis, but my memory is a little foggy on which it was.
Day 2: Mario himself. :mario:
Day 3: Drawn to Life series, Wario: Master of Disguise, and Lost in Blue.
Day 4: Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase for PlayStation.
Day 5: That's... a bit of tough one, I guess I feel most like Kellam from Fire Emblem Awakening and wish I was more like someone like Zero.
Day 6: I don't get annoyed very easily, but spoiled or bratty characters tend to get under my skin. :bowjr:
Day 7: Mareach, Silvaze, and Zeriel.
Day 8: *Cough*
Day 9: The ending of Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (DS), Grovyle's sacrifice in PMD2, and Zero's death in MMZ4.
Day 10: Metroid Prime.
Day 11: Nintendo DS or Game Cube.
Day 12: Super Mario 64
Day 13: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Day 14: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Day 15: *Cough*
Day 16: Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary cutscenes.
Day 17: Fawful or Wilfre
Day 18: :mario: once again.
Day 19: *cough*
Day 20: Platformers and RPGs.
Day 21: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Day 22: Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Day 23: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Day 24: Super Mario World

1. SpongeBob SquarePants: Supersponge (GBA)
2. Fawful and Dimentio (it fluctuates and overall I think I like them the same)
3. Super Paper Mario by far. To me, it's one of the best games ever made and I wish it got more recognition.
4. Supersponge again, I guess. It has a lot of flaws but nostalgia keeps me from hating it.
5. I often compare myself to Count Bleck. Though less extreme (I'm not omnicidal or anything)
6. Toad and Daisy. I can't stand either of them.
7. Blumiere and Timpani. One of the many things that makes SPM so special to me.
8. Overall, probably Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, though there are MANY contenders here.
9. The entire ending of Super Paper Mario.
10. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. What a shame they never made another like it.
11. At the moment, Wii U for Super Mario Maker.
12. Super Paper Mario once again. Everyone should experience that amazing story to see what Mario is truly capable of. Not everyone would like it, but I wish it was more well known.
13. Too many to list, though my most played at the moment is Super Mario Maker.
count_bleck_wallpaper_by_fawfulthegreat64-dag6kxy.png

SKHP5RX.png

16. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
17. Fawful and Dimentio (again, I like them equally)
18. Mario and Luigi as a team.
AWiCyHu.png

20. Though my favorite games are RPGs, I enjoy a slightly wider variety of platformers, so probably those.

Are Nintendo 64 games "classic" by now? I think they are, so it's Super Mario 64
if we go by the "classic" (heh) definition of Classic games being from the 8-bit/16-bit era (and before that), then it's Sonic The Hedgehog 2

DK64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Mario Party 3, GoldenEye 007 (N64), Perfect Dark and The World Is Not Enough.

I consider a classic game to be 16-bit and before, meaning my favourite classic game is Super Mario World, but Kirby's Adventure, and Super Mario Bros. 3 are just as good.

Idk to me classic goes more far back than the 90s so ima say space harrier

Back