What's next for the Yoshi series?

What do you personally want to see next?

• Yoshi's Island 4

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Woolly World 2

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 3D Platofmer

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yoshi RPG

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Yoshi Racing Game

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yoshi Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoshi Puzzle

• Other (state what in posts)

• Total voters
Maybe a game where Birdo is a companion, and maybe even playable.

Hell, I'd even take a boss role. Just put Birdo in a Yoshi game already. The Shy Guys are already there. Why not add a Birdo or two?

I think it would be rather nice if there's a Yoshi's Island title that utilizes Super Mario Galaxy elements.

Basically, Yoshi comes across a baby Luma, and tries to return it home. However, he gets caught up in another one of Baby Bowser's evil plots, where he's kidnapping the Lumas in order to utilize their powers for his own selfish deeds.

Yoshi manages to stop Baby Bowser, but as a plot twist, the adult Bowser would appear from the future, thinking that conquering the universe of the past will rewrite history for his timeline. Yoshi stops the adult Bowser as well, and finally reaches the Comet Observatory, where Rosalina thanks Yoshi for looking after her precious Luma.

MnSG said:
Yoshi manages to stop Baby Bowser, but as a plot twist, the adult Bowser would appear from the future,

i don't really think that counts as a plot twist considering they've used that before (twice?)

I was actually relieved when he didn't show up in woolly world.

Let Baby Bowser be his own villain, like yoshi's story.

Aqua said:
i don't really think that counts as a plot twist considering they've used that before (twice?)

You could say that after failing to conquer the universe in the present day timeline, Bowser decides to go back to the past to try to conquer the universe of the past. By conquering the past, Bowser would basically alter his own timeline so that he rules everything.

Of course, you wouldn't encounter the adult Bowser until you've completed all of the main courses (including the Hungry Luma courses) without the aid of the Cosmic Spirit. You would have to defeat the adult Bowser in order to unlock the special courses, however.

While I wouldn't put it past Bowser trying to mess up the timeline to ensure his future rule, yoshi's island DS already had a plot with him going back in time to find 7 star children that had 7 stars that would enable him to conquer the universe somehow so I doubt they'd do it again.

To be fair, part of the reason for the concept in my previous posts is to shut down those silly theories involving Rosalina.

Hmmm... This is a tough call indeed. The Yoshi series is for all intents and purposes a prequel to the main Mario series. As such, it can be tricky to come up with ideas here story-wise, as they will influence the main series one way or another. A racing game might feel redundant, since we have Mario Kart and all (but having some tracks more clearly based on Yoshi's Island would be nice). Another platformer game would be cool, as long as they make a great soundtrack for it (I know that's the common complaint with this sub-series, but these days music is a pretty big deal to the fans' satisfaction with a game); as for story, I'm at a loss here. Maybe expand upon the lore of the Star Children that was part of the plot in Yoshi's Island DS? It's just too interesting a topic to only be mentioned in one game (considering that it explains why Mario and the other Star Children are as powerful as they are)!

An RPG... Actually doesn't sound bad; considering how big a success the main Mario RPGs are (and let us not open the can of worms that is Paper Mario: Sticker Star!)! Whether Baby Mario is involved or not, I'll leave that up to Nintendo if they ever decide to do it.

Puzzle games are always a safe way to go, as long as they're good; they've done it a few times before, after all!

MnSG said:
To be fair, part of the reason for the concept in my previous posts is to shut down those silly theories involving Rosalina.

If lame Mario theories taught me anything, they won't stop even with that.

JBX9001 said:
As such, it can be tricky to come up with ideas here story-wise, as they will influence the main series one way or another.

You act like this amount of care is required, but then, you've got New Island's story crapping all over the Yoshi franchise.

I find adult Bowser's inclusion in Yoshi games to be really, really odd to the point I don't really want to see him...

Baby Luigi said:
JBX9001 said:
As such, it can be tricky to come up with ideas here story-wise, as they will influence the main series one way or another.

You act like this amount of care is required, but then, you've got New Island's story crapping all over the Yoshi franchise.

I know, I've been spoiled by how much they put into the story of Mario RPGS.

JBX9001 said:
Baby Luigi said:
JBX9001 said:

I know, I've been spoiled by how much they put into the story of Mario RPGS.

well a mario rpgs story is pretty irrevelant to the main games, and some just retcon it anyway, even if there was a big influential story in a yoshi rpg i doubt it would hold over the entire yoshi series.

Zae Eildus said:
just retcon it

Mario stories in a nutshell.

But I still like to headcanon continuity

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I wonder if the Yoshi's Island series would use Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina in the future.

I'd rather NOT see Baby Rosalina in the Yoshi's Island installments.

I'd take adult Rosalina over Baby Rosalina, unless we're trying to create a Mario version of Muppet Babies, where every main character is inexplicably babies at the exact same time.

Back