Changing the wiki's logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
KPH2293 said:
Smwlogo.PNG

Brings back so many memories...

Should we have a "retro month" or something one of these months, where we change the look of the main page back to how it was in, say, 2008? Seems like a good April Fool's joke to me as well ;D

Alex95 said:
KPH2293 said:
Smwlogo.PNG

Brings back so many memories...

Should we have a "retro month" or something one of these months, where we change the look of the main page back to how it was in, say, 2008? Seems like a good April Fool's joke to me as well ;D

"Super Mario Galaxy was just released" can be under News
"Are you considering buying a Wii?" can be the poll

The possibilities are endless

Maybe we can bring back Featured Images!!!!! :D :) ;)

C'mon, as if we'd do any of that stuff ...

;)

Lakituthequick said:

Personally, I find both of these rather bland. There's virtually no contrast, and the use of red in both is overpowering. You don't put a predominantly red character/red text in front of a red background. Mario is known for its bright and varied color schemes, and there are so many different colors among its iconography: Yellow ?-blocks, green koopa shells, orange bricks, red and green mushrooms, blue P-switches, etc.. There's definitely contrast options to work with.

Honestly, while the old logo is clunky and awkward, it at least captured the spirit of the series' aesthetics. If the logo is to be redesigned, it should also try to capture that same feel.

EDIT:

Hobbes said:
I'm all for changing the logo. I like the proposed Mushroom one, it's simple and looks good. I've also always liked the one we use for NIWA:

supermariowiki.png

This one's better, since it has two contrasting colors.

While those are valid criticisms, there isn't much to do about it for the next four weeks; the proposal to update the logo passed with a week for users to comment on it, so if you wanted to propose your own logo or propose changes, you would have to wait a while before overturning it.

But yes, you're right; it would be nice to have a more diverse colour range.

I am aware of how the proposal system works. I've only just now learned of the existence of this thread.

EDIT:

Though to be perfectly honest, one week is a pretty small time window for something as significant as changing the website's primary means of representation.

I've called for an amendment of the passed proposal, on the grounds that voters on the proposal page were not made aware that an alternative logo exists.

I think this does not violate the "no overturning proposals less than 4 weeks old" rule because it's a request for clarification, not cancellation.

We will not be switching to that logo. It's a Club Nintendo ripoff and I don't like the text placement.

Feel free to discuss other designs and reach out to me to present them. A new logo proposal should only be put forward after the design has my approval. That being said, let's give the new logo some time before we start planning to get rid of it.

So, um, am I the only one who sees this?

5YBfFuP.jpg

I can't even see how this is possible, but it's happening on my phone, so ...

I have a similar issue where, while I'm on the main page and my user page, I have the old logo. Tried clearing my cache, but issue still persists.

i wasn't quite satisfied with this logo so i made one myself

porple please take it into consideration, thank you

335oW4u.png

Nabber said:
i wasn't quite satisfied with this logo so i made one myself

porple please take it into consideration, thank you

335oW4u.png

That's pretty good, but I can't help but feel like something is missing...

...Something important...

...some sort of... vital... element... like, of the facial variety... that you see and you instantly think: "wow, that's Mario"...

Oh! Oh, of course!

Where are his eyebrows?

Hobbes said:
So, um, am I the only one who sees this?

5YBfFuP.jpg

I can't even see how this is possible, but it's happening on my phone, so ...

Mr. Edo said:
I have a similar issue where, while I'm on the main page and my user page, I have the old logo. Tried clearing my cache, but issue still persists.

It gave me that issue at first, too. Going to the image itself and resetting the cache on the image's page seemed to fix it for me. Not sure if you tried that already, though.

*sigh*

Anyway, it looks fine to me. I'm wondering if it'll revert to the Club Nintendo rip-off if I cleared my cache, though.

^wow this was literally the only issue I had with it in chat so I would like this to happen as well please

the old logo is still showing for me on the main page, but every other page has the new one. is this intended?

The new logo shows for me. Purge the cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back