Woman's March

Swiftie_Luma said:
Nabber said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Just imagine how the world would go nuts if men were saying they are proud of their penises.
hate to break it to you but they already do
That does not mean its ok or relevant
yeah but, you brought that up as a point and he responded. how is it irrelevant?

the vagina thing is a reference to donald trump's "grab them by the pussy" talk iirc.

not sure the whole middle east counts as third world

besides, problems in the middle east are allowed to coexist with problems in the rest of the world, too

Stargazing said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Nabber said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Just imagine how the world would go nuts if men were saying they are proud of their penises.
That does not mean its ok or relevant
yeah but, you brought that up as a point and he responded. how is it irrelevant?

the vagina thing is a reference to donald trump's "grab them by the pussy" talk iirc.

No.

What im saying as it's not relevant as in sooooo important to go an dress up as your private parts.

Who does that?

And for the other part all im gonna say is that if this was for the sake of mocking Trump Mcnuggets then its not working because those women are only making a fool of themselves dressed like that , even have the audacity of involving children.

I also like how all of you are super concerned about the vaginas and penises thing , and yet i bet my soul none would have the balls to actually speak out for the sake of womens right in Pakistan , Syria and regions of the middle east that actually need this.

Me , as a person who actually lives in a third world country , find laughtable that many of the people that assists to these events , clearly privileged people that live in a first world country in a western society , pretend that women are ´´oppressed´´ to the levels of parts of the world in which people literally kill you because of your sexual orientation.

The only thing that picked up any interest was when they brought up abortion , and even that's a bit flawed because abortion should only be an option for rape victims and women that can die during the process of giving birth.

Abortion SHOULD NOT be an option for irresponsible people that have sex like they are playing marbles. Why should a careless person end the life of a soon to be newborn out of her clear irresposability?? Lunacy at its finest.

no one's going around saying that women's rights in the middle east aren't important so I don't know what you're talking about

actually i do talk about problems in the middle east/third world as well as problems in places like north america and europe. maybe not on here, but i don't turn around and ignore problems like those. women's marches were happening all over the world, in almost every country, so i am pretty sure the rights of those in the places you are talking about were not ignored in the marches.

i'd like for this to be a peaceful conversation though, you don't need to insult the people who were dressed up like that or people who do "have sex like playing marbles" to get your point across.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Nabber said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

Hate to break it for you too , but

That does not mean its ok or relevant , in any case. Being ´´proud´´ of your genitals sounds as stupid as it looks , whatever the case is.

I would love to see all this nonsense on the middle east , you know, the third world that actually needs people to stand up for women.
The current president has made crude comments about sexual assault and plans to defund planned parenthood. I think women here have a right to be angry.

Swiftie_Luma said:
2) Why are there people so obssesed and ´´proud´´ of their vaginas.
They're proud of the fact that they're female. They're showing that they aren't going to cower at the politicians currently insulting and trying to take away woman's rights and they're going to fight.

Swiftie_Luma said:
1) What was the point of the event?

AFAIK Women still have their rights untouched.
Republicans have a track record of being directly against what are arguably women's rights. Women are afraid that Republicans will defund Planned Parenthood (this is realistic from the women's perspective; the Republicans are doing this out of a completely warped belief that the only thing it does is abortions, a notion so bizarre that it seems like they really don't give a *bleep* about what really does and focus like a laser on the abortion part of it), rollback Roe v. Wade (a key Supreme Court decision that gives the women a right to have an abortion), and oppose efforts for pay equality. People are afraid that women's rights will be nuked to the Stone Ages (a hyperbole by me, not them) and it is disgusting that we elected a man who casually called women gendered insults like "bimbo", "slut", "whore", and brags about grabbing women by their crotches.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Im sorry , but this is like a joke. All i saw on my feed were celebrities trying to make speeches and pretend the USA is like the middle east when it comes to women.
It's a counterpoint to how Donald Trump bragged about groping women, not giving a care about their personal space and decency. They're trying to give off a provocative air of defiance since Donald Trump is viewed as a sexist bully.

And men already are proud of their cockle-doodle-doos. You get conversations about them talking about brawk brawk sizes, the phrase "grow a pair", the phrase "X has the balls to do this". You don't see women talking about how awesome their donut holes are or that people need to grow an indent or another mouth or whatever.

Swiftie_Luma said:
What im saying as it's not relevant as in sooooo important to go an dress up as your private parts.

Who does that?

And for the other part all im gonna say is that if this was for the sake of mocking Trump Mcnuggets then its not working because those women are only making a fool of themselves dressed like that , even have the audacity of involving children.
Protestors do that. It's typical of protestors to dress up as what you call "silly". It draws attention and is mildly provocative. Women bring their children perhaps to teach their children that Donald Trump's remarks are NOT okay. But we fight with love back and perhaps display our frustration and bitterness, but this was a peaceful protest overall. Women bring their daughters for a historical moment and they hope to influence their children, especially their daughters. I see no problem of that.

Dressing up wasn't directly mocking Trump but a way to illustrate defiance.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I also like how all of you are super concerned about the vaginas and penises thing , and yet i bet my soul none would have the balls to actually speak out for the sake of womens right in Pakistan , Syria and regions of the middle east that actually need this.

Me , as a person who actually lives in a third world country , find laughtable that many of the people that assists to these events , clearly privileged people that live in a first world country in a western society , pretend that women are ´´oppressed´´ to the levels of parts of the world in which people literally kill you because of your sexual orientation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

We are willing to fight for oppressed women in the world, but we gotta first focus on our problems at home for the first step to actually do something. And we are doing things, but I'm guessing it's not as publicized.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The only thing that picked up any interest was when they brought up abortion , and even that's a bit flawed because abortion should only be an option for rape victims and women that can die during the process of giving birth.

Abortion SHOULD NOT be an option for irresponsible people that have sex like they are playing marbles. Why should a careless person end the life of a soon to be newborn out of her clear irresposability?? Lunacy at its finest.
IMO abortion should be readily available for any woman who seeks it. Remember, even protected sex can lead to an unwanted pregnancy. Most women who seek abortion have already made a tough choice and they're fully fledged adults citizens who should have total control over unborn, unconscious, brain-not-developed life. My mom herself had abortions because she was simply not ready and the pregnancy was unplanned and she had no regrets. If that one cell where my sister and I split were aborted? Well, my sister and I just won't exist and I don't think I'll miss anything since I have no conscience.

That's an abortion argument here, but I think that's going to go off-rails, so I'll stop there.

Im fine with people being triggered and attacking the golden goomba of the bunch.

Someone needed to be the counter part of all this mess , and that´s a role that i can play without remorse , Well as long as the harassment messages in my box do not show up like that other time , right mr ´´you know who you are´´?

If you have a stance , i accept it , but i honestly find hard to identify with any of this other than stuff about Gay rights and equality of payment between genders.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Someone needed to be the counter part of all this mess , and that´s a role that i can play without remorse

You just flat-out admitted that the main driving point behind your argument was your desire to be contrarian just for the hell of it.

...yeah, ok.

I understand the need to be the devil's advocate, but the arguments you provided were weak and didn't really provide any thought-provoking point. It's good you admit to that, but you should've told us that in the first place.

Its not that i posted just for the sake of being the hipster of the gang.

What im saying is that , im confortable having my opinion which happens to be the opposite of the gang around , and voicing it without remorse even if i know the incoming harassment is guaranteed considering im simply not afraid.

I dont consider myself liberal or conservative at all , i actually hold views that would make me look controversial for each side , as in here , i dont really agree with these ´´opression´´ thing .

If i had said that im pro gay rights in a topic about christians , and i am pro of gay rights actually , then i would have been burn in the stake like a witch.

Different circles , same reactions. But im still not afraid of saying that i dont agree , even if you (you know who you are) want to go and spam my box , again.

i think you want to read that part again.

Im not saying the responses to me right here in the topic are ´´harassment´´

So , with that im just gonna end saying.

A) I agree to disagree

B) It would all have been super nice if Madonna didnt say she wanted to blow up the white house.

She lost me there.

Swiftie_Luma said:
B) It would all have been super nice if Madonna didnt say she wanted to blow up the white house.

She lost me there.

it would've been super nice if it hadn't been taken completely out of context when she said "[she] thought a lot about blowing up the white house"; while that's not exactly the best thing to say, it's completely different from an active threat of "I'm going to blow up the white house"

I've thought about blowing it up before, too, as well as the entire capitol building

come at me

edit:

here's the full section of the speech transcript in case you didn't actually listen to it and instead are using it as a cheap jab to be reactionary because you can't think of any other argument

"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet, W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II: We must love one another or die.

"I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me: We choose love. We choose love. We choose love."

Anton said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

She lost me there.

it would've been super nice if it hadn't been taken completely out of context when she said "[she] thought a lot about blowing up the white house"; while that's not exactly the best thing to say, it's completely different from an active threat of "I'm going to blow up the white house"

I've thought about blowing it up before, too, as well as the entire capitol building

come at me

edit:

here's the full section of the speech transcript in case you didn't actually listen to it and instead are using it as a cheap jab to be reactionary because you can't think of any other argument

"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet, W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II: We must love one another or die.

"I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me: We choose love. We choose love. We choose love."

Thats a sweet way to put it , but baby let me tell you

I dont think you would be dumb enough to mention such a stupid thing if your whole point is about so called love and acceptance. She was talking to the masses , not to her boytoy or her ´´bae´´. She lost credibility completely.

It´s called being prudent.

Like , you can say that you feel like ´´killing´´ your ex wife for making your life miserable , but you are not gonna say that during the court case in which many people are standing and the custody of your children is being battled.

Thats just stupid , you would end up losing credibility and making a fool of yourself

That and losing the case 100%.

---------------------------

Anyway , i found this , to lighten the mood because no matter what , it will always be funny.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Thats a sweet way to put it , but baby let me tell you

I dont think you would be dumb enough to mention such a stupid thing if your whole point is about so called love and acceptance. She was talking to the masses , not to her boytoy or her ´´bae´´. She lost credibility completely.

It´s called being prudent.

Like , you can say that you feel like ´´killing´´ your ex wife for making your life miserable , but you are not gonna say that during the court case in which many people are standing and the custody of your children is being battled.

Thats just stupid , you would end up losing credibility and making a fool of yourself

That and losing the case 100%.

do you want to rephrase because that makes no sense and is also irrelevant and completely ignores what I said

the point of her saying that was "I can understand your anger, but please do not act upon it"

Sigh.

Logic 101 is not working , so i will have to use even easier phrases.

1) Talking about blowing up the white house in any context during a so called love and acceptance speech is hipocrisy , period.

2) That hipocrisy makes you lost credibility in your words , which is what happened.

3) What i said after is not irrelevant at all , is an example in which this scenario can easily apply

The point: You can certainly feel and think whatever you want , but you dont get to voice that in a place in which you would have something big to lose and that contadicts what you are preaching.

Again , you can be super angry , but would you actually say so in a place in which people would dismiss you for using such words?

If you are smart , you would carefully pick your words during public speeches and events in which a large amount of people are involved.

I could really do without your fake superiority here, captain logic

Swiftie_Luma said:
Logic 101 is not working , so i will have to use even easier phrases.
dude, you don't say that to someone who doesn't understand what you're saying

Swiftie_Luma said:
1) What was the point of the event?

AFAIK Women still have their rights untouched.

1) Womens rights have already been targeted, but by politicans trying to pass bills against traditional womens rights, and by people trying to undermine womens rights in public sentiment.

And even if the womens rights hadnt been touched yet, which they have, the current ruling body has actively stated that their goal is to repeal womens rights and strip many of those protections from the constitution. The current administration is already planning on cutting all government funding for grants to protect against violence against women. They claim its budget cuts, but womens rights and health makes up a tiny portion of the budget compared to other areas Trump is planning on expanding.

Likewise, the incoming administration also has plans to cut health care funding specifically for women, and people in general, and make access to health care for millions harder.

Additionally, the protest is a general protest against Trumps policies, not just his stance on women. People are protesting his stance on the environment, his stance on violence against minorities, his stance on freedom of religion and freedom from discrimination. Its not just a womens march, as many people have already said, its a general protest of the incoming candidate.

Swiftie_Luma said:

2) On your second point, why shouldnt people be proud of their vaginas? The reason women need to come out and say it, is because society tells them they should be ashamed of them.

I dont know if you live some where where sexuality is open and equal, and everyone is free and unashamed to talk about the dirty details of sex, and there is no discrimination or difference between the sexes. But in the United States, too often anything feminine, especially the female body, is looked down upon and portrayed as disgusting.

People in health classes say "TMI" when talking about natural menstrual cycles and female health that doesnt directly lead to procreation. People get squimish when talking about the female side of sex, while glorifying the male side. If its not for straight men, you arnt allowed to talk about it. Female autonomy is often ignored, or pushed aside to the corners.

Women are told their bodies are shameful, or serialized. Sure, this happens to men too sometimes, but not at the same rate for women. Women say they are proud of their bodies, because they are taught from a young age to be shamed for being female.

Sure, this isnt the middle east, I dont know what that has to do with anything. Just because it could be worse, doesnt mean it shouldnt be better.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The point: You can certainly feel and think whatever you want , but you dont get to voice that in a place in which you would have something big to lose and that contadicts what you are preaching.
She's not condoning violence. You're taking her words out of context and focusing on that phrase like a laser. She's saying this to address her crowd, who ARE angry and are likely prone to irrational thoughts. Heck, I've had fantasies of blowing up my school several times back at high school. Remember how I myself stated that I wanted to burn the flag and effigies of Trump? Her statement is kinda addresses to those frustrated people who say irrational things like that but don't really mean it. This isn't about "speaking carefully", this is you taking the words out of context like a lot of intellectually dishonest people do to spin people they don't like in a negative light, and it's so silly you say they should be "careful" because you're right, but not in the way you think. Such as scientists that have to be careful to word their findings just in case anti-science douchebags quote mine them in the future.

I'm not accusing you of being intellectually dishonest. However, I am warning you of a common tactic these people use to try to discredit those they quote so you realize.

Back