Woman's March

Swiftie_Luma said:
Someone needed to be the counter part of all this mess , and that´s a role that i can play without remorse
I could counter this mess too, but I'm to the left of the march (I think it's just noise and won't actually accomplish anything that needs to be accomplished).

LeftyGreenMario said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
The point: You can certainly feel and think whatever you want , but you dont get to voice that in a place in which you would have something big to lose and that contadicts what you are preaching.
She's not condoning violence. You're taking her words out of context and focusing on that phrase like a laser. She's saying this to address her crowd, who ARE angry and are likely prone to irrational thoughts. Heck, I've had fantasies of blowing up my school several times back at high school. Remember how I myself stated that I wanted to burn the flag and effigies of Trump? Her statement is kinda addresses to those frustrated people who say irrational things like that but don't really mean it. This isn't about "speaking carefully", this is you taking the words out of context like a lot of intellectually dishonest people do to spin people they don't like in a negative light, and it's so silly you say they should be "careful" because you're right, but not in the way you think. Such as scientists that have to be careful to word their findings just in case anti-science douchebags quote mine them in the future.

I'm not accusing you of being intellectually dishonest. However, I am warning you of a common tactic these people use to try to discredit those they quote so you realize.

Her crowd was angry?

So all those selfies and smiles while marching peacefuly were all fake? All right , i thought it was all love and positive vibes but i guess its not.

I understand why you are saying but , as i said , no matter what , if you are trying to have any sort of credibility why do you say stuff that clearly dont go with your whole point????? The crowd was clearly hype as hell just to see Madonna out there , i highly doubt they were expecting her to start like that though.

A true leader does not let her or his emotions overcome her use of words , if they actually want to be some sort of inspiration of those who need it.

There is a time and place for everything , and she didnt pick the right time to adress her emotions thus losing credibility.

There's not much I can add to this discussion that hasn't already been said by someone else.

One thing though, because I find this pretty hilarious in light of Swiftie's attitude:

Swiftie_Luma said:
Sigh.

Logic 101 is not working , so i will have to use even easier phrases.

1) Talking about blowing up the white house in any context during a so called love and acceptance speech is hipocrisy , period.

2) That hipocrisy makes you lost credibility in your words , which is what happened.

3) What i said after is not irrelevant at all , is an example in which this scenario can easily apply

The point: You can certainly feel and think whatever you want , but you dont get to voice that in a place in which you would have something big to lose and that contadicts what you are preaching.

Again , you can be super angry , but would you actually say so in a place in which people would dismiss you for using such words?

If you are smart , you would carefully pick your words during public speeches and events in which a large amount of people are involved.

First of all, it's spelled "hypocrisy", not "hipocrisy". Second of all, "makes you lost credibility in your words"? Maybe your own words need a bit of work too. It's pretty embarrassing to use "even easier phrases" in an attempt to insult your opposition, and then proceed and mess up those very phrases that were supposedly so easy.

Makes the whole attempt at smug superiority kind of fall flat on its ass, doesn't it.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Her crowd was angry?

So all those selfies and smiles while marching peacefuly were all fake? All right , i thought it was all love and positive vibes but i guess its not.
Anger can manifest itself in many ways. It doesn't have to be hopping mad or people punching each other. But it's hard to deny that anger WASN'T a component in these protests. It's a mixture of a lot of emotions: anger, frustration, fear, love, nausea, sympathy, empathy, willingness to be united, defiance, sadness. Having to unite feels good though, and the peaceful, festive atmosphere brings out smiling faces despite the negative emotions.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Her crowd was angry?

Anger can manifest itself in many ways. It doesn't have to be hopping mad or people punching each other. But it's hard to deny that anger WASN'T a component in these protests. It's a mixture of a lot of emotions: anger, frustration, fear, love, nausea, sympathy, empathy, willingness to be united, defiance, sadness. Having to unite feels good though, and the peaceful, festive atmosphere brings out smiling faces despite the negative emotions.

All right. I stand corrected by you.

Back